Local ETFs

SaurusDNA

It's hard to know which local ETFs are best to invest in.

At least with the offshore ones, ASHGEQ or STXWDM are no-brainers and either of them serves as excellent all-rounders. But locally, we don't get "All-rounders" of the same quality. Your Top40 and Top50 ETFs are market capped and you end up having 70% of your money in four or five shares, which is certainly not great.

Then, there are the myriad of smart beta ETFs, each claiming to have a better methodology than the rest, but all untested.

So for now, with my local ETFs, I have one third of my local portion of my TFIA in the new multi-factor SMART, one third in the momentum methodology NFEMOM and a third in quality shares with great fundamentals (STXQUA).

But if you had to choose just one (or two) local ETFs, what would it be and why?

Edited by SaurusDNA
  • Like 2

Locally it would have to be SMART (sensible choice) and ETFRHO (for now...because it is flying). I'm up 150% with ETFTHO (kicking myself I didn't have the foresight to push my entire life savings into it 😛 ) but it can't continue like this forever.

• Like 1

IQ Test

Hi Guys and Girls : question 1) your opinion on best all round ETF combination for your child’s minor East equities account? Example mix of offshore / local and property maybe? I want to keep it simple and long term strategy. I have just opened account for my son and Daughter . Question 2) For Tax Free easy Equities account . How would you split it % local vs offshore vs Property? Which ETFs would you choose . Bare in mind I have an existing RA with 70/30 split anyway local vs offshore ? Any feedback or opinions will be greatly appreciated . Thanks in advance .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PG182 said:

Hi Guys and Girls : question 1) your opinion on best all round ETF combination for your child’s minor East equities account? Example mix of offshore / local and property maybe? I want to keep it simple and long term strategy. I have just opened account for my son and Daughter . Question 2) For Tax Free easy Equities account . How would you split it % local vs offshore vs Property? Which ETFs would you choose . Bare in mind I have an existing RA with 70/30 split anyway local vs offshore ? Any feedback or opinions will be greatly appreciated . Thanks in advance .

ASHGEQ or STXWDM - 65%

SMART or CTOP50 - 35%

That's if I had to have local exposure. Else I would just go 100% ASHGEQ. That's very simple.

• Like 2

IQ Test