4 Africa Stock Exchange (4AX)

Platinum Wealth

Everything related to the 4 Africa Stock Exchange

After battling the mighty JSE over the Financial Services Board (FSB) licence that paves the way for the launch of a new stock exchange, the 4 Africa Exchange (4AX) is readying itself to go live.

4AX announced on Thursday that all appeals against its exchange licence – awarded by the FSB in August last year – have been formally withdrawn.  “…We are very pleased that all appeals against our exchange licence have now been withdrawn. This move demonstrates recognition by the market for our processes, procedures and the structure of our proposed market offerings,” says 4AX’s CEO Fay Mukaddam in a statement.

This means that 4AX can forge ahead with its preparations to begin trading, which is earmarked for March 2017.  Moneyweb’s request for an interview with Mukaddam for further details was denied.

The introduction of a new exchange is viewed by market watchers as a positive step for more competition in the local market, where the JSE has historically enjoyed a monopoly.

The JSE launched an appeal against the FSB’s decision to grant 4AX a licence, delaying its ambitions of being an alternative exchange in SA’s capital markets. The JSE’s concerns were based on maintaining the integrity of the market when there are several stock exchanges operating with their different forms of technology and settlement cycles – and to protect investors. It subsequently withdrew its appeal in December saying that the two parties reached an agreement.

4AX’s value proposition is based on providing a licenced exchange that is more affordable than the JSE and red-tape free. The target for 4AX would be medium-sized companies and retail investors. 

• 4 weeks later...

Are these people for real...do they not have a business to run ?

4AX mulls appeal on ZAR X ruling

4 Africa Exchange (4AX) is considering a high court application to have the Financial Services Board’s (FSB) appeal board judgment reviewed, in terms of which rival entrant ZAR X has kept its exchange licence.

4AX felt the nub of its concerns over ZAR X’s exchange rules had not been adequately addressed or resolved, said CEO Fay Mukaddam.

4AX and ZAR X, which will compete for much the same markets, were both granted exchange licences on August 31 2016. The JSE initially appealed against both licences and then withdrew its appeal against 4AX’s after a co-operation deal was reached between the two.

On September 29 4AX launched a separate appeal against the decision of the registrar of securities services to grant ZAR X a licence.

https://www.businesslive.co.za/bd/companies/financial-services/2017-02-15-4ax-mulls-appeal-on-zar-x-ruling/

Are these people for real...do they not have a business to run ?

4AX mulls appeal on ZAR X ruling

4 Africa Exchange (4AX) is considering a high court application to have the Financial Services Board’s (FSB) appeal board judgment reviewed, in terms of which rival entrant ZAR X has kept its exchange licence.

4AX felt the nub of its concerns over ZAR X’s exchange rules had not been adequately addressed or resolved, said CEO Fay Mukaddam.

4AX and ZAR X, which will compete for much the same markets, were both granted exchange licences on August 31 2016. The JSE initially appealed against both licences and then withdrew its appeal against 4AX’s after a co-operation deal was reached between the two.

On September 29 4AX launched a separate appeal against the decision of the registrar of securities services to grant ZAR X a licence.

https://www.businesslive.co.za/bd/companies/financial-services/2017-02-15-4ax-mulls-appeal-on-zar-x-ruling/

I hope ZAR X teaches them a lesson!

• 2 weeks later...

Any news on 4AX starting trading...weren't they supposed to up and running today ?

This is exactly the problem with these new places, their advertising is basically nonexistent.

If it wasn't for this forum I would have never known about 4AX and ZARx, I have no idea how Joe Public is suppose to know they even exist.

I suppose it's still early days, but my god, if this was my companies every Tom Dick and Harry would already know of their existence and what they all about.

This is exactly the problem with these new places, their advertising is basically nonexistent.

If it wasn't for this forum I would have never known about 4AX and ZARx, I have no idea how Joe Public is suppose to know they even exist.

I suppose it's still early days, but my god, if this was my companies every Tom Dick and Harry would already know of their existence and what they all about.

They have a cool logo though

logo.png