EasyEquities basket offering

Spreadsheet Ranger

If you invest R20 000 in DIVTRX how much dividends will you receive on average?

Currently 4.2% Pa

If you used today's price you could buy roughly 710 shares. With last year's data you would've gotten about R770 for the year.

Sent from my LG-V490 using Tapatalk

IQ Test

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sheesh there is less than zero reason for me to invest in dividend shares. Since most of them have zero growth example DIVTRX and the appeal of dividend even at a 100k is still... Not getting my attention.

So for now MAPPSG is still top on my list of potential buys.

So I went and investigated SWIX some more and IMO there is some cause for concern (MAPPSG uses it).

So back in the early 2000s the Top 40 was heavily packed with resource shares (the majority of which are dual listed). So what they did was devise an investment fund/approach that would even things out across sectors...SWIX.

What they did not foresee (read "didn't think through?") was that the rules they put in place to reduce the resource exposure would eventually cause the SWIX top 40 to be dominated by industrial stocks. This I did not know or think of because when I bought into SWIX I saw it as a way of avoiding "top heavy" shares like the classic top 40 has. Well, it's not that.

So atm it is doing very well but you could probably swop it for STXIND and potentially do even better. What I want is a broadly diversified ETF with checks in place to avoid the above mentioned problem ...and that's the CTOP50 for me at this stage. I'm not selling any of my NFSWIX just yet but not making any new investments into it.

As for MAPPSG/P: still very good. But I (and I know I change my mind often ) would rather build it myself:

CTOP50 80%

NFILBI 10%

NFGOVI 10%

...and skip the cash component since that is do e for retirement annuity products (I think)

In fact, I'd probably forget the NFGOVI and increase NFILBI.

IQ Test

I bought a demo money R10000 basket just to see what happens.

Really have no experience or knowledge but would like to get started on this for real in a month or 3.

Lots of the shares are currently in the red, the vast majority of them.

The JSE was a nightmare this week down 2% today.

That's horrible so much so it scared me.

2 months worth of gains lost in a single day.

Join the official JSE Discord Channel

Really have no experience or knowledge but would like to get started on this for real in a month or 3.

Good time to start buying stuff or wait a few more days?

Served by a Droid

Served by a Droid

That depends on what stuff.

In my opinion it's a case of the time to buy is when there’s blood in the streets.

Big companies (too big to fail) style companies are on special now. Your Capitecs your Curro's you STX40's your DBXWDs they are all good buys for me at this moment.

Served by a Droid

That depends on what stuff.

In my opinion it's a case of the time to buy is when there’s blood in the streets.

Big companies (too big to fail) style companies are on special now. Your Capitecs your Curro's you STX40's your DBXWDs they are all good buys for me at this moment.

Believe jse shutting down for a few hours tomorrow. Wonder if that has something to do with it

Served by a Droid

Believe jse shutting down for a few hours tomorrow. Wonder if that has something to do with it

Served by a Droid

JSE closed sharply lower on Tuesday as global concern about a possible British exit from the EU spooked markets, ahead of the US Federal Reserve’s rate decision on Wednesday.

Source: http://www.bdlive.co.za/markets/2016/06/14/jse-slumps-sharply-as-brexit-spooks-the-markets

More experience people will be able to answer that but personally I don't think that is the primary reason the world markets was down today so something bigger must have triggered it.

Maybe @Hamster knows...

Brexit fear if I had to guess (see you already linked it). I do not bother too much with news of this kind because it causes "panic" and knee jerk reactions.

Combine that with the Rand losing some value (last I check we were at about R15.30 to the USD), the optimism of surviving a downgrade eroding, day to day ANC kark, three consecutive days of shootings in the USA....the world is just not a happy place.

That's my opinion anyway.

Personally I use times like these to stock up on more bond ETFs etc. that can weather the storm a bit better.

The JSE being g down tomorrow for about an hour - that's to recalculate futures. Doesn't affect anything really.

IQ Test

@AstroTurf how does your dashboard look now? 500 millions stocks all over the place :P

haha.

I actually removed a bunch of the stuff from the basket before purchasing, already had around R100 DBXWD so now there is a wall of companies.

I also bought R2.11c worth of shares in Adcock Ingram just to clear my available funds :D

I would prefer an excel type view to see what is going on there though, oh and just like the demo money, a bunch of red numbers although value has gone up a whole 0.22% since purchase at around 9:10am

@AstroTurf

Nice!!! -> If you go to reports in EasyEquities and export a Google finance sheet then you can import that into your google finance portfolio, its not excel, but it does have a graph and some alternative insightful views

Thank you for the tip

Quoted so I can find it easily in a month or so when there is actual data for me to look at :)

I would prefer an excel type view to see what is going on there though

...one of the main reasons I moved my ETFs (and possibly my TFSA in the near future) to ABSA. The UI is just more usable and doesn't look like Candy Crush Equities  :P 

Google Finance only takes you so far and is not under active development. It is a great tool but who knows when Google will finally decide to kill it.

MarketWatch and Bloomberg do have watch list features but I never took to them.

IQ Test

I would prefer an excel type view to see what is going on there though

...one of the main reasons I moved my ETFs (and possibly my TFSA in the near future) to ABSA. The UI is just more usable and doesn't look like Candy Crush Equities   

Google Finance only takes you so far and is not under active development. It is a great tool but who knows when Google will finally decide to kill it.

MarketWatch and Bloomberg do have watch list features but I never took to them.

I really hope Google doesn't end this.

I am in love with it.

Cant we make thread here and email it to Google asking Google to please not give up. It's a life changer.

Not sure if you knew this but you can "edit portfolio" and select the default currency for your portfolio so that the total amounts show up in rands as well.

Google killed the google finance api about 2 years ago so it is probably just a matter of time before they kill the complete google finance feature.

Not sure if you knew this but you can "edit portfolio" and select the default currency for your portfolio so that the total amounts show up in rands as well.

Google killed the google finance api about 2 years ago so it is probably just a matter of time before they kill the complete google finance feature.

I prefer dollars, it makes me feel wealthy and professional. Very wall street like.

I hope honestly hope Google doesn't kill this.

I'm not going to repost it again: http://mybroadband.co.za/vb/showthread.php/824165-So-an-interesting-thing-happened-to-me-on-Easy-Equities

...but basically, the moment I'm able to move I'm done with them. I'll stick around for single shares, possibly for their international shares (if that ever happens) and speculating, but anything more substantial and important I'm moving away.

IQ Test