DCX10 Token

New venture by Michael Jordaan. Seems interesting. It’s a token that is linked to the DCX10 Index which tracks the top 10 crypto currencies, so it cannot be traded. So instead of creating risk by attempting to foresee movements in individual currencies you can spread the risk over the top 10. Similar to a regular ETF that tracks the index. I’m quite liking the idea, but am very interested in people’s thoughts.

Some further reading:

https://mybroadband.co.za/news/cryptocurrency/310383-michael-jordaans-cryptocurrency-investment-pick.html

https://blogs.easyequities.co.za/invest-in-the-dcx10-crypto-token

https://research.easyequities.co.za/investing-in-cryptocurrencies-easy

https://www.dcx.capital/indexRules

Edited by Spreadsheet Ranger
  • Like 1

Join the official JSE Discord Channel

I've put some money into DCX10 yesterday when it launched on EE, the great thing I like about it is the Weight is calculated on the Market cap of the coin from their Top 10 Coins on their Index, so yesterday Bitcoin was on 66% Weight it is now on 68% as the Market Cap increased for Bitcoin and Eth is on 11%, another platform I've seen called Rivex they just do 10% Weight on the Top 10 Coins which I don't like at all, I definitely like DCX10's strategy.

Also, I just like the simplicity of it and that it is now available on EE, as I don't need to manage it myself or buy/sell constantly and keep track of 10 Wallets, this is wonderful for me right now.

• Like 1

Right now I think it will just be up & down as we know crypto with the volatility but for the long run this should work out amazing returns.

Does anyone buy low and then try to sell high again with DCX10 or just buy and HOLD?

Edited by Shirou

1 hour ago, Bandit said:

Initial lump sum and then monthly debit order.

oh great! I bought a lump sum as well on Friday when it was released and now added debit orders to it, but I am not too sure if Selling it High and re-buy more when low is the way for me, probably just buy and accumulate for long term.

@Groovy I like the idea (you get exposure to the upswing (and down), but you do not technically own any of the coins. Owning all those coins is a mission, because you need to keep all your wallets up to date and keep the info safe etc. 

So I like the DCX10 "fund", but personally I keep my own BTC (buy it through Luno (anything below $7k is a good price imo.) and then just keep it) for  a start, later when you get comfortable you can send the BTC to a wallet like JAXX or Mycelium (my personal one I use).

So in essence, try to buy your coins if possible, but to get exposure to the potensial gains of crypto (minus a 1% per year fee, which I think is a lot, it's too much.) get comfortable and then buy BTC and ETH on Luno and later send that to your own wallet so you are in control. I think @werner and theo other luno guys are on here to assist if you struggle. Ditto for Ice3X I think @IceCUBED Exchange is also here.

@Energy the DCX token/fund is 69.9% bitcoin and bitcoin is down almost 20% from the $14k high, so DCx would be down as well. This should be a long term hold, 7+ years and that is where I find issue with the 1% per year fee, because that adds up.

Join the official JSE Discord Channel

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/1/2019 at 8:36 PM, Spreadsheet Ranger said:

@Groovy I like the idea (you get exposure to the upswing (and down), but you do not technically own any of the coins. Owning all those coins is a mission, because you need to keep all your wallets up to date and keep the info safe etc. 

So I like the DCX10 "fund", but personally I keep my own BTC (buy it through Luno (anything below $7k is a good price imo.) and then just keep it) for  a start, later when you get comfortable you can send the BTC to a wallet like JAXX or Mycelium (my personal one I use).

So in essence, try to buy your coins if possible, but to get exposure to the potensial gains of crypto (minus a 1% per year fee, which I think is a lot, it's too much.) get comfortable and then buy BTC and ETH on Luno and later send that to your own wallet so you are in control. I think @werner and theo other luno guys are on here to assist if you struggle. Ditto for Ice3X I think @IceCUBED Exchange is also here.

@Energy the DCX token/fund is 69.9% bitcoin and bitcoin is down almost 20% from the $14k high, so DCx would be down as well. This should be a long term hold, 7+ years and that is where I find issue with the 1% per year fee, because that adds up.

Man how do you keep still in a space this volatile? 1 minute I'm happy, next minute I'm really sad, then angry, happy. For amateurs like me, this dcx10 is fine for now, get to work on my feelings, 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Groovy said:

Man how do you keep still in a space this volatile? 1 minute I'm happy, next minute I'm really sad, then angry, happy. For amateurs like me, this dcx10 is fine for now, get to work on my feelings, 

haha, I get you, it's for the long term investment, but the volatility really gives you mixed feelings most of the time, need to be strong for this investment.

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/1/2019 at 8:36 PM, Spreadsheet Ranger said:

Great to see forum members discuss DCX10 here - we are honoured!

Owning the market weighted index of the top 10 Crypto's is not the holy grail of Crypto investing, but historically it has outperformed Bitcoin by a margin of roughly 50%.  Past performance is of course no guarantee of future returns, but we think the index will beat Bitcoin again.  The timeframe is uncertain though.

If you're comfortable with this position, 1% per annum fee for the convenience of managing the composition of the index, fades into insignificance compared to the outperformance.  Happy to discuss more...

Screenshot 2019-08-22 at 14.28.17.png

Edited by DCX10
Added an attachment
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...

I find myself more and more rather buying chunks of DCX10 than actual crypto. 

It's probably not ideal from a "fundamentalist" point of view, ie not your keys not your coins, but with that said, it just makes it so much easier to get a bit of exposure outside of Bitcoin alone without having to keep multiple systems up to date.