ZarX Stock Exchange

Purply

Anyone else excited about the launch of the ZarX stock exchange later this year?

ZarX Stock Exchange

Also not forgetting A2X and 4AX stock exchanges being launched later this year apparently

“Our focus will be on the top 50-65 shares listed on the JSE,” says A2X co-founder and CE Kevin Brady. “We are following the European MTF [multilateral trading facility] model.”

"Also awaiting licensing is 4 Africa Exchange (4AX). With strong BEE credentials, this exchange will be targeting the listing of companies with market caps of R100m-R8bn."

Source

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It will definitely spice things up a bit. I see ZarX will have T-0 withdraw settlement, that alone is pretty awesome!

Free live pricing will win over sooooooooooo many investors, a person can dream.

Dunno about that. At the end of the day it is the actual share available that wins the investor over. No use having life pricing for shares nobody really wants.

IQ Test

I hope they do, not really how their platform will work at this stage though.

PS..... I'm unable to "quote" what other people post as the quote button does nothing, how do you guys use quotes?

Press reply. ( sucks i know )

Mybb has a odd way of how the quote button is used. For the time being just use reply.

Join the official JSE Discord Channel

• 2 months later...

ZAR X has renounced its conditional FSB licence to run a stock exchange, which it said short-circuits the repeated appeals and legal applications by the JSE which could delay its launch.

The ZAR X is a new securities trading platform that is introducing T+0 settlement and clearing and will offer a “user-friendly stock exchange in competition with the long-established monopoly of the JSE”.

ZAR X director Geoff Cook said the conditional licence was initially granted in keeping with recognised practice adopted by international regulators.

“From a practical perspective, a conditional licence is irrelevant to the core process,” said Cook.

“It is not stipulated as a necessary preliminary step in the Financial Markets Act and this is what the JSE objected to.”

Cook said the JSE has stated it welcomes competition, but has lodged objections, appeals, and applications since August 2015.

Cook said this “pattern of delay and obstruction” had gone on so long it amounted to “bad faith”.

The JSE’s legal team recently focussed on the FSB registrar’s right to grant a conditional stock exchange licence.

“By renouncing the conditional licence we clear away any justification for the latest round of delaying tactics.”

“We have complied with all FMA requirements and all procedural and operational points subsequently raised by the FSB.”

ZAR X previously said it intends to be operational by September.

Source: mybroadband.co.za

• 4 weeks later...

Screw ZarX, when is EE giving us access to international stocks!

Wasn't that promised to be looked at during this year? If I remember well someone once mentioned that EE is looking at opening up for investing in international stocks.

:blush: :blush: Proud Feminist and Oh I forgot Mama's Boy

Hi Hamster,

My name is Jono and I am a consultant at The Purple Group. I followed up with regards to your comment and EasyEquities have responded as follows:

"We are aiming to launch international stocks by the end of this year."

Charles Savage (CEO of Purple Group) responded to a tweet recently on the same topic as follows:

“We have just been approved as a QI, SA's 1st, took a year but now we can move forward swiftly”

The only think we cannot confirm currently is the exact dates of launch.

Excited much?

This user is not a Registered Investment Advisor, Broker/Dealer, Financial Analyst, Financial Bank, Securities Broker or Financial Planner. The Information on the Site is provided for information purposes only.

Hi Hamster,

My name is Jono and I am a consultant at The Purple Group. I followed up with regards to your comment and EasyEquities have responded as follows:

"We are aiming to leaunch international stocks by the end of this year."

Charles Savage (CEO of Purple Group) responded to a tweet recently on the same topic as follows:

“We have just been approved as a QI, SA's 1st, took a year but now we can move forward swiftly”

Excited much?

Depends on costs and what we'll be able to invest in. Vanguard ETF s?

IQ Test

I wonder if EasyEquities will support them as well?

EasyEquities response:

"We are chatting to them at the moment and it’s likely that the ZARX exchange will be included on EE. It might just not be on launch."

This user is not a Registered Investment Advisor, Broker/Dealer, Financial Analyst, Financial Bank, Securities Broker or Financial Planner. The Information on the Site is provided for information purposes only.

Hi Hamster,

"We are aiming to leaunch international stocks by the end of this year."

Excited much?

Depends on costs and what we'll be able to invest in. Vanguard ETF s?

With regards to costs, EasyEquities has always been proud to be South Africa's cheapest platform so I am sure the theme will follow through. We will have to wait for more information to be released.

Wasn't that promised to be looked at during this year? If I remember well someone once mentioned that EE is looking at opening up for investing in international stocks.

Correct! This is planned for the end of this year.

I am so glad to be an Easy Equities client it makes my heart warm!

Apart from not being able to set your bbid/offer prices, the instant buy and sell has it's perks. I've been trying to sell CTOP50 all day. Only a third of them have sold so far. Damn markets are flat  :@

IQ Test

I am so glad to be an Easy Equities client it makes my heart warm!

Apart from not being able to set your bbid/offer prices, the instant buy and sell has it's perks. I've been trying to sell CTOP50 all day. Only a third of them have sold so far. Damn markets are flat  :@

Selling Ctop50?

Why, unless I assume NewFunds Momentum Equity ETF?