ZarX Stock Exchange

Purply

I do not like gold although $1400 is on the cards, but not for me I am a buy and hold.

I guess I need to look into this Momentum ETF lots of buzz around it then again there was a lot of buzz around CTOP50 as well so might just keep it and add Newfunds Momentum to the mix next month.

Join the official JSE Discord Channel

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do not like gold although $1400 is on the cards, but not for me I am a buy and hold.

I guess I need to look into this Momentum ETF lots of buzz around it then again there was a lot of buzz around CTOP50 as well so might just keep it and add Newfunds Momentum to the mix next month.

I ignored it previously in favour of SWIX (which was a very uninformed mistake my part) but the recent changes they made to NFEMOM makes it look very good, especially since it is rebalanced every month instead of every quarter.

IQ Test

To be honest this etf flew a little bit under my radar. Then again all the stocks that looks good is messing with my mind since they all look good till about mid 2015 after that it's sideways or downwards so I don't know what to do anymore regarding choices.

Silly example, but look at MRP, Simon likes that stock a lot or did and numerous occasions mentioned it in his webinars and we'll if I took the advice I would have been wiped out now.

Look at discovery also a stock that gets mentioned alot but lately it's down down down

Now I know comparing stocks to ETFs is not really accurate, but look at my favorite ETFs:

DBXWD

StxIND

DBXEU

PTXTEN

And now New funds momentum as well.

Over all they all look wonderful but go back YTD or just 1 year especially 2015 and then it's a very very different outlook.

Guess what I am saying is that I still don't know of any stock/etf on that JSE that is solid enough so hoping ZAR X brings something new to the table.

I know all of this farts in the wind in the long run, but psychologically it sucks seeing shares go down and down and it's hard to keep faith that it will recover.

[...] Silly example, but look at MRP, Simon likes that stock a lot or did and numerous occasions mentioned it in his webinars and we'll if I took the advice I would have been  wiped out now. 

Over all they all look wonderful but go back YTD or just 1 year especially 2015 and then it's a very very different outlook. [...]

Next time you look at the performance graph of a stock do yourself a favour and zoom out so you can see the performance of the last 10-15 years instead of just the last 1-2 years.

Sent from my LG-V490 using Tapatalk

zooming out just might be the answer for MRP: (stole this from someone's twitter post), some "traders" seem to think now is the ideal time to re-invest for longterm

Crqbl5DXEAAG3Pf.jpg

Any ideas anyone?

Next time you look at the performance graph of a stock do yourself a favour and zoom out so you can see the performance of the last 10-15 years instead of just the last 1-2 years.

That's my whole point look at DBXWD we buy DBXWD based on its past performance, but looking at the most recent years it's clear that that past momentum is no more.

Point take regardless

That's my whole point look at DBXWD we buy DBXWD based on its past performance, but looking at the most recent years it's clear that that past momentum is no more.

Point take regardless

The reason why we always say that if you do not have 5+ years to wait then shares aren't for you.

IQ Test

• 4 months later...

The JSE has also battled another potential exchange, as it launched an urgent application to have ZAR X’s exchange licence suspended. The FSB’s appeal board deputy chairman Judge Louis Harms later dismissed the JSE’s application on the basis that it didn’t submit evidence that it would suffer harm or prejudice from ZAR X’s entry in to the market.

However, the application for its licence to be suspended will still be heard by the board later in January. Both 4AX and the JSE are appealing against the FSB’s decision to grant ZAR X a licence. The FSB granted ZAR X its licence to operate as a stock exchange in August last year.

ZAR X’s CEO Etienne Nel says it has been business as usual for the company despite having the trading of its exchange put on ice. “We still have our FSB licence and our systems are fully operational and functional. We have used this quiet period to add functionality to our settlements and clearing process [of the exchange].”

ZAR X is looking to list companies with a minimum market capitalisation of R200 million. In addition to signing up agricultural services group Senwes Beleggings as a customer, Nel says it has added two additional companies to its listing pipeline. “This speaks to the confidence that the market has in our offering. Companies have complete faith in our platform and technology,” he adds.

Arguably, the JSE’s process for appeals against new players has created the perception that it’s against competition.

There have been three applications for licenced exchanges in 2016 including AX2, YPN Exchange and the Equity Express Stock Exchange in terms of the Financial Markets Act. The head of the Department of Market Abuse at the FSB Solly Keetse says: “These exchanges are not yet licenced but their applications are still being assessed.”

When does it launch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

According to the article ZAR X is live but the JSE are trying to stop them and 4AX are sometime in March, the others have applied and are waiting for licences.

Has anyone seen where you can trade ??

I have received an E-mail from the CEO (I asked him if I can share it here)

At a high level we can confirm that we have engaged with all the major broking firms in SA with a view for them to sign up and become market participants (MP) on ZAR X. This is obviously an administratively intense process which takes time to ensure investor protection at all times. We will be offering investors link to all approved MP’s on our website, this list will be in alphabetical order so as not to prejudice anyone.

With regard to the JSE and 4AX appeal against our licence we confirm that the matter will be heard this coming Monday and Tuesday at the FSB Appeal board, we are confident that our case is strong and that we will have finality on the matter very soon after that. We undertake to keep the market informed of any developments at all times. Please follow us on our website;  LinkedIn or on Instagram @zarx_xchange