Discuss Monthly Payment Minimum

How much can you afford to pay per month?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. How much can you afford to pay per month?

• R250
    • R500
    • R700
    • R1000

Increase to R500 : Reason : Wanting to use Nedbank Just Invest account, which offers great interest rates, but has a minimum deposit requirement of R500

As mentioned in another thread, we can bypass this by opening another bank account with Standardbank, but that just seems a bit extreme.

Increase to R500 : Reason : Wanting to use Nedbank Just Invest account, which offers great interest rates, but has a minimum deposit requirement of R500

As mentioned in another thread, we can bypass this by opening another bank account with Standardbank, but that just seems a bit extreme.

Other bank account also at Nedbank :D  not Standard Bank ;)

Ah ok, that's good to know. I'm just concerned about the account fees, as well as transfer fees.

From what I read there shouldn't be any, but by now we all know that what is written on the internet doesn't always apply to real world applications.

Ah ok, that's good to know. I'm just concerned about the account fees, as well as transfer fees.

From what I read there shouldn't be any, but by now we all know that what is written on the internet doesn't always apply to real world applications.

If all goes well then I will go to Tygervally mall tomorrow and see what the banks say then I will update us on how the fees work and if they charge for internal transfers.

Join the official JSE Discord Channel

I vote for R250. It is easier for me to put aside R250 per month that R500. At a later stage we can look at increasing our minimum contributions.

R250 will stay for the foreseeable future, this will be added to the Agenda for the meeting just in case.

My understanding is the minimum became an issue due to Nedbank, however with Nedbank absolutely not bothered to answer mails I doubt we will end up with them, if all goes well I should find a time where I can slip into tygervalley and go to all the banks personally and see who can accommodate us. However this entire discussion will be handled here ->  http://www.platinumwealth.co.za/forum/showthread.php?tid=1&page=3