ice3x

Bandit

So I finally tried them out. Used BTC but the interest in this exchange is the ETH trading they'll be activating soon.

1.) Registration and verification

Took about 30 minutes total. All that was needed was ID, Proof of Adress and Bank Statement

2.) Deposit funds

The screens are not that intuitive. When you click on "Deposit/Withdraw" button it takes you to your account page. Maybe I'm having an off day but it took me a while to notice the "Deposit / Withdraw" links in the table under the Control column. They could've styled it like buttons to make it more obvious in my opinion.

In the ZAR row, I click on deposit and could choose whether or not I want to fund it via their FNB or Standard Bank account. Chose FNB, obviously, since I'm an FNB client. The only tricky part was the beneficiary/reference number to use. They present you with this piece of text but what you are looking for is the TXR number. It will look something like TXR0000123. This makes monthly auto payments to the account impossible from what I can see.

Anyway, made the payment and it reflected within 25 minutes which included me opening a ticket asking for clarification on the reference number confusion (at the time of writing they had a bug in the email template) and that ticket being answered and closed. So big +1 on their support.

I noticed though that the deposit was resolved on the hour so I'm assuming there is an hourly batch job or something. And obviously, if you pay from say an ABSA account to their FNB account you'll probably wait for an extra day because of Bankserv.

3.) Buying Bitcoin

Was quick. Filled in two fields, click buy and got my coins. Not that this should or could be more difficult.

4.) Withdrawal

I went back to the account screen, went straight to the table and click "Withdraw" on the BTC row (see, easy once you've seen the damn links), entered the amount to withdraw and the BTC wallet address (in this case Luno). Before you can confirm there is a "Send' button which generates a hash key and emails it to you. Once you receive it you copy paste it back into the withdrawal form and click confirm.

And that's it. I just bought BTC at R37500, sent it to Luno where it is trading at R39600....and did nothing. But I could've sold it and made a quick buck. Not that I think that is a sustainable way of trading but who knows - one of you with more time on their hands might prove me wrong :D

The transfer to Luno btw cost something like 0.0002 BTC

Now bring on ETH trading!

IQ Test

Manual. There's no quick buy like on Luno from what I could tell, but easy to click on a sell offer from someone and it'll pre-populate the correct amounts for you.

Not perfect, but easy enough to navigate.

IQ Test

For now, yeah. I see it's 1 BTC to 10.6 ETH atm.

Thing is, once they enable ETH you still need somebody willing to sell on the exchange. If everybody is just hoarding they're ETH not much is going to happen there.

IQ Test

The ETH price is set by the sellers, just like the bitcoin price, so if there are more sellers, then there will be more price competition.

I have done a couple of good trades already with ETH on ice3x, sells, not buys.....

BitcoinZAR - Bitcoin South Africa community1lhxytq.png
Learn about bitcoin at https://www.bitcoinzar.co.za
Join us on Telegram at: https://t.me/bitcoinzarchat
Join us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/SouthAfricaBitcoinUsers/
Follow us on twitter on https://twitter.com/bitcoinzar

So I finally tried them out. Used BTC but the interest in this exchange is the ETH trading they'll be activating soon.

1.) Registration and verification

Took about 30 minutes total. All that was needed was ID, Proof of Adress and Bank Statement

2.) Deposit funds

The screens are not that intuitive. When you click on "Deposit/Withdraw" button it takes you to your account page. Maybe I'm having an off day but it took me a while to notice the "Deposit / Withdraw" links in the table under the Control column. They could've styled it like buttons to make it more obvious in my opinion.

In the ZAR row, I click on deposit and could choose whether or not I want to fund it via their FNB or Standard Bank account. Chose FNB, obviously, since I'm an FNB client. The only tricky part was the beneficiary/reference number to use. They present you with this piece of text but what you are looking for is the TXR number. It will look something like TXR0000123. This makes monthly auto payments to the account impossible from what I can see.

Anyway, made the payment and it reflected within 25 minutes which included me opening a ticket asking for clarification on the reference number confusion (at the time of writing they had a bug in the email template) and that ticket being answered and closed. So big +1 on their support.

I noticed though that the deposit was resolved on the hour so I'm assuming there is an hourly batch job or something. And obviously, if you pay from say an ABSA account to their FNB account you'll probably wait for an extra day because of Bankserv.

3.) Buying Bitcoin

Was quick. Filled in two fields, click buy and got my coins. Not that this should or could be more difficult.

4.) Withdrawal

I went back to the account screen, went straight to the table and click "Withdraw" on the BTC row (see, easy once you've seen the damn links), entered the amount to withdraw and the BTC wallet address (in this case Luno). Before you can confirm there is a "Send' button which generates a hash key and emails it to you. Once you receive it you copy paste it back into the withdrawal form and click confirm.

And that's it. I just bought BTC at R37500, sent it to Luno where it is trading at R39600....and did nothing. But I could've sold it and made a quick buck. Not that I think that is a sustainable way of trading but who knows - one of you with more time on their hands might prove me wrong :D

The transfer to Luno btw cost something like 0.0002 BTC

Now bring on ETH trading!

Glad you got signed up OK, we have recently upgraded the main trading platform, so there are a lot of things that need tweaking still, i'll take note of your points :)

The price differences in the exchanges are indeed set by the buyers and sellers. At present we do not have as much liquidity as Luno so the price differences can mean good arbitrage opportunities. We are wanting Ethereum, Bitcoin and Litecoin miners to be market makers, this will help with prices, and liquidity.

We have a really good trading fee structure, so that at least sets us apart, and of course we are always striving to have good customer support. Our fee structure is excellent and market makers will benefit from this, and can get further reduction on the fees.

Come and trade!

IceCubed Exchange -------------------------------------Bitcoin ~ Ethereum ~ Litecoinhttps://ice3x.com187x79https://i.imgur.com/B17S2Wh.png[/img]

Running into the same issue. If this is the only reference they need, why are they giving this whole long line - which certainly does not fit into my beneficiary field. If that's all they need, why isn't JUST that listed - why list the rest???????????

*bad word* please do not do that ing PATHETIC. Because you quite happy to say you cannot fix problems later. Seriously, it's been pointed out to you, how hard can it be to fix?

ice.JPG.7555ecb7ddf32a25992f4962be496b58.JPG

• 3 weeks later...

Running into the same issue. If this is the only reference they need, why are they giving this whole long line - which certainly does not fit into my beneficiary field. If that's all they need, why isn't JUST that listed - why list the rest???????????

*bad word* please do not do that PATHETIC. Because you quite happy to say you cannot fix problems later. Seriously, it's been pointed out to you, how hard can it be to fix?

The field you are referring to is the Details of Payment, so has the details of the payment, including the TXR number.

The Details of Payment information is used on the exchange side too, to match deposits to users, it speeds things up when we expect an incoming payment for your account.

I will bring up a suggestion to have the TXR number on its own line under the heading of 'Payment Reference' or something similar to avoid confusion, in the next meeting.

IceCubed Exchange -------------------------------------Bitcoin ~ Ethereum ~ Litecoinhttps://ice3x.com187x79https://i.imgur.com/B17S2Wh.png[/img]

The field you are referring to is the Details of Payment, so has the details of the payment, including the TXR number.

The Details of Payment information is used on the exchange side too, to match deposits to users, it speeds things up when we expect an incoming payment for your account.

I will bring up a suggestion to have the TXR number on its own line under the heading of 'Payment Reference' or something similar to avoid confusion, in the next meeting.

When one looks at that table one expects the reference number for the deposit to be there.

IQ Test

When one looks at that table one expects the reference number for the deposit to be there.

This has now been fixed! Thank you for the feedback, we do value it.

We have also removed the deposit fees for ETH, so now it is free to deposit.

We have also just launched the affiliate program, so now you can earn between 10-25% of the commission generated from the trades of people who sign up to the exchange using your link.

• 4 months later...

We have made some changes to the exchange based on a lot of feedback from users.

There is now trading view charts on the exchange, and we will soon be launching the voucher system, which will allow you to crate a voucher for crypto, which you can give to someone else to credit their account. We have also recently launched the ETH/BTC market, which means you can buy Ethereum with bitcoin, not only Rand. We have both options on the exchange now, so if you have bitcoin, you dont need to sell it in order to buy Ethereum with Rand, you can just buy it direct now. Our trading fees on the ETH/BTC market are only 0.1%.

We have now got more staff for customer support, so if there are any issues, they will be dealt with faster.

If you have any other suggestions or criticisms, please PM and let us know.

• 4 weeks later...