Shares & Home Bond Financial Help Questions
Quick question.. would you guys pull out all your EE shares even though 90% of mine is in the Red since this Junk Status.. or is their still chance it will go up again and when? Or will it continue to go down, I have R400 Loss.. probably not much but still not sure what to do.. keep and hope it will go up again or pull out now before it gets worse?

Reason for asking is.. Would you rather take the money out and put it towards your Bond Payment on your Home Loan.

Is the amount of you you have invested enough to make a dent in your bond payment? I will not sell (pull out of EE) unless the stocks you are holding are doomed example something that are solely South African based however if your shares are quality stocks like Capitec or Naspers or PSG or something then this might actually be a buying opportunity. Quality companies are far better at riding out bad times than what people think.

(04-10-2017, 02:21 PM)Outlook Wrote: Is the amount of you you have invested enough to make a dent in your bond payment? I will not sell (pull out of EE) unless the stocks you are holding are doomed example something that are solely South African based however if your shares are quality stocks like Capitec or Naspers or PSG or something then this might actually be a buying opportunity. Quality companies are far better at riding out bad times than what people think.

I have the following Equities:

Nu-World (Only One in Green), Capitec, Discovery, PLG Schools, Ecsponent Limited, African Phoenix Investments Limited, Visual International Holdings Limited

Also have 3x ETF's mentioned in the E-Book for TFSA.

Have about 10K Invested with EE.. so not sure if I should rather leave it or pull out, but then i'll make R400 Loss if I pull out now.

I will leave it. (I would sell Nu-World personally, just because I cannot think this latest scandal can be good in the long term). Capitec great company, Discovery great company to own shares in (Not a company I would use myself - Shaftcentral), don't know the other two, but AXL I would keep I honestly do not believe they would go bust again. If they do then yea I don't know couple of us will be upset.

Do you have the ETFs in your TFSA or normal portfolio? Either way I won't sell them.
Register for an EasyEquities account by clicking here

(04-10-2017, 02:50 PM)Spreadsheet Ranger Wrote: I will leave it. (I would sell Nu-World personally, just because I cannot think this latest scandal can be good in the long term). Capitec great company, Discovery great company to own shares in (Not a company I would use myself - Shaftcentral), don't know the other two, but AXL I would keep I honestly do not believe they would go bust again. If they do then yea I don't know couple of us will be upset.

Do you have the ETFs in your TFSA or normal portfolio? Either way I won't sell them.

Thanks for the feedback! ETFs are in my TFSA Portfolio.

I do not think that amount of money will make a major difference to your bond assuming 20 year bond. Keep the stocks, we are in a terrible time now, but in the greater scheme of things this 5 - 7 year period will be a blimp when you retire, the time in the market assuming you continue buying as per usual should reward you in the longer time.

If you have a shorter term goal then yes the rules of the game has been significantly changed. Bitcoin and or Ethereum is always a option...

Do not sell the TFSA stocks.

(04-10-2017, 04:00 PM)JamesYellen Wrote: I do not think that amount of money will make a major difference to your bond assuming 20 year bond. Keep the stocks, we are in a terrible time now, but in the greater scheme of things this 5 - 7 year period will be a blimp when you retire, the time in the market assuming you continue buying as per usual should reward you in the longer time.

If you have a shorter term goal then yes the rules of the game has been significantly changed. Bitcoin and or Ethereum is always a option...

Do not sell the TFSA stocks.

Thank you for the feedback, Will surely keep the shares then and not withdraw, I do invest in Bitcoin and Ethereum as well.

Country might be hit by a recession I agree to stick with the bigger companies as they can ride the wave .
Depends on how u much cash u got on EE

Most people take out their pension to pay the bond off unless u got so much cash in ur EE the difference might be minuscule

Hello All
Any advice on a good ETF which can be used instead of a Study policy for my Kids,

Jus opened up an Easy Equites account..
Thinking of CSEW40 / GLPROP / CSP500

Split even between NFEMOM and DBXWD
[Image: 595091.png]

How long do you have to invest though?
[Image: 595091.png]

(04-11-2017, 05:46 PM)Hamster Wrote: Split even between NFEMOM and DBXWD

Thank you Hamster