Just One Lap ETF bundle

ianvn

R100pa - it's cheap but it kinda goes against what Simon preaches about in his sessions on how costs eat into investments and "why pay someone to do something you can do in 10 minutes".

Haven't seen them but pretty sure these will be a combination of DBXWD, CSP500, PTXTEN, CSEW40 and NFGOVI (or NFILBI).

You can probably create your own portfolios like these with just DBXWD and MAPPSG (or MAPPSP closer to retirement age) and maybe some PTXTEN and you'll be covered pretty much everywhere - offshore, local, property, bonds and cash.

If anybody bites though and mind sharing via PM... :P

IQ Test

R100pa - it's cheap but it kinda goes against what Simon preaches about in his sessions on how costs eat into investments and "why pay someone to do something you can do in 10 minutes".

Hamster, two points.

You can put this portfolio together, but it's aimed at the person I call my sisters neighbour. When my sister needs help she calls me, but who does her neighbour call? Likely they wander into their bank and get ripped off Hence these portfolios.

As for the fee, a flat fee is exactly what I campaign for, no percentage of AUM which is the rip off. You pay one flat rate regardless of size, like if you went to the dentist. They don't charge based on your net worth, they charge on what they do. 

Percentage of AUM as a fee must die.

Lastly, first year is free as ABSA covering the 100bucks.

Hamster, two points.

You can put this portfolio together, but it's aimed at the person I call my sisters neighbour. When my sister needs help she calls me, but who does her neighbour call? Likely they wander into their bank and get ripped off Hence these portfolios.

As for the fee, a flat fee is exactly what I campaign for, no percentage of AUM which is the rip off. You pay one flat rate regardless of size, like if you went to the dentist. They don't charge based on your net worth, they charge on what they do. 

Welcome to the forum @Simon, really cool to see all these industry guys on here.

Thanks for clarifying the fee, it makes sense.

I like the sisters neighbours analogy I think that speaks to what this forum is about as well since it is like you said who does the neighbour call, where does the neighbour go to ask and get answers. (Hopefully here and Justonelap.com )

Hamster, two points.

Oh schweet, we have Simon on board!

I get what you're saying about this being aimed at the "financially less informed" (if I can call the that).

R100 flat pa is not a lot of money at all, I guess I just always see Justonelap as an advice resource and forget you also do asset management (at least I think you do).

Will these portfolios be managed at all?

IQ Test

No we don't manage money. We're signing up with partners who will offer them and you could use any broker to buy the portfolio.

If we ever need to swap ETFs and rebalance the portfolio this will be communicated to subscribers.

• 2 months later...

No we don't manage money. We're signing up with partners who will offer them and you could use any broker to buy the portfolio.

If we ever need to swap ETFs and rebalance the portfolio this will be communicated to subscribers.

@SimonPB: Question (unrelated to these ETF bundles), but have you considered creating a bundle on EasyEquities that basically tracks your momentum portfolio?

IQ Test

@SimonPB: Question (unrelated to these ETF bundles), but have you considered creating a bundle on EasyEquities that basically tracks your momentum portfolio?

We are actually considering doing TFSA portfolios and the Momentum on EE, but as mentioned earlier in this thread, we really want to stick with a once-off flat rate. Still ironing out the kinks.

Haven't seen them but pretty sure these will be a combination of DBXWD, CSP500, PTXTEN, CSEW40 and NFGOVI (or NFILBI).

You can probably create your own portfolios like these with just DBXWD and MAPPSG (or MAPPSP closer to retirement age) and maybe some PTXTEN and you'll be covered pretty much everywhere - offshore, local, property, bonds and cash.

If anybody bites though and mind sharing via PM... :P

You're spot-on on the ETFs, by the way. The reason why you can guess them is because we'll never keep them a secret. The service isn't to keep that information away from anyone. Rather, it's so people who are still cautious around investing will have someone to hold their hand through the process. The idea is for us to be there when things get hairy to tell you what is likely to happen to your investment and remind you to stay invested. It's also to help you keep an eye on weightings within your portfolio.

Oh schweet, we have Simon on board!

I get what you're saying about this being aimed at the "financially less informed" (if I can call the that).

R100 flat pa is not a lot of money at all, I guess I just always see Justonelap as an advice resource and forget you also do asset management (at least I think you do).

We don't do any asset management at all. We simply supply information. That means if there's ETF exposure that you feel is more appropriate to your circumstances, you can always choose to include that in your portfolio. We simply supply the information, our reasoning behind it and allow you to stay in charge of your financial decisions. In the end, you're the one who will have to live off that money.

You're spot-on on the ETFs, by the way. The reason why you can guess them is because we'll never keep them a secret. The service isn't to keep that information away from anyone. Rather, it's so people who are still cautious around investing will have someone to hold their hand through the process. The idea is for us to be there when things get hairy to tell you what is likely to happen to your investment and remind you to stay invested. It's also to help you keep an eye on weightings within your portfolio.

Wooot! Yay for me :D

But I admit, it's no secret so wasn't the hardest of "guesses" to make.

IQ Test

We are actually considering doing TFSA portfolios and the Momentum on EE, but as mentioned earlier in this thread, we really want to stick with a once-off flat rate. Still ironing out the kinks.

Ah, cool. Momentum one would be pretty sweet :)

IQ Test