EasyEquities basket offering

Spreadsheet Ranger

Link to offering: https://www.easyequities.co.za/Baskets

I like this idea, what do you guys think about this basket option of EasyEquities?

The basket fee does not look that high?

Here is my scenario I like to save up in my Capitec Savings account until I reach X amount then I will EFT that across to EasyEquities.

So this to me looks like the perfect answer for lump sum investments.

Here is a screenshot of the breakdown and fee structure on a actual purchase:

2016-06-03_14-23-03.thumb.jpg.350b9331c83c1aa3cf2766b1fe967ec3.jpg

Join the official JSE Discord Channel

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no insight on many of the shares listed on that list, so can't really say if it's good or bad.

One will probably have to go through every single share history and read up a bit to figure out if it's a good deal or not, or take my usual approach and just buy stuff that sounds interesting :D

I for one will give this one a pass.

I haven't investigated this myself, but it pretty much looks like the same deal as you going out and buying all those shares yourself based on the recommendation of Emperor Asset Management (owned by same people that own EasyEquities btw). Difference being the cost. Even though you are paying a basket fee I do not see a Strate fee ...or am I missing something?

If I had to take a guess, they bought those in bulk and are subsidising the costs or something.

Either way, if you fancy those shares you should get it. But if one of those turns out to be a bust you'll need to sell it yourself (unless there is sell basket functionality).

Personally I'd skip it. I prefer ETFs which self correct based on a set methodology/rules. A quick glance at those shares:

FFB (Fortress Income B) already contains a lot of property shares, most likely all those listed on there already (Redefine, New Europe etc). Those are also available through PTXTEN.

Then you have some financials and other dividend paying ones along with gold. The gold you can get through the New Gold ETF they've got there (GLD) and most of the others through a DIVTRX and STXIND/NFSWIX combination.

If you are lazy like me and invest long term with no interest in actively managing your portfolio (basically you want to sit back, relax and hope for the best over the next 30 years), then this is not for you.

Sent from my LG-V490 using Tapatalk

IQ Test

I have no insight on many of the shares listed on that list, so can't really say if it's good or bad.

One will probably have to go through every single share history and read up a bit to figure out if it's a good deal or not, or take my usual approach and just buy stuff that sounds interesting :D

That is the exact reason why this is appealing to me, you do not have to do the research it has already been done for you by a reputable company.

At Least... That is the idea...

Join the official JSE Discord Channel

That is the exact reason why this is appealing to me, you do not have to do the research it has already been done for you by a reputable company.

At Least... That is the idea...

If you don't know why they picked it, how would you know why they would sell it?

IQ Test

Had some spare cash after selling some stocks, so dumped some of it into the Lite Basket.

Now my entire EE screen is filled with stocks, could they not have put it all under one thing ffs.

How the heck am I suppose to see now if the "basket" grows if ever single share is separate :(

Had some spare cash after selling some stocks, so dumped some of it into the Lite Basket.

Now my entire EE screen is filled with stocks, could they not have put it all under one thing ffs.

How the heck am I suppose to see now if the "basket" grows if ever single share is separate :(

That is hilarious.  :D

It also sucks.

Did you even want all of the shares in the basket?!

No, not really, but figured what the heck, this is their "winning" strategy, so might as well try it.

But now with everything being separate, I'll just sell whatever whenever as I'd much rather clean up my screen.

No, not really, but figured what the heck, this is their "winning" strategy, so might as well try it.

But now with everything being separate, I'll just sell whatever whenever as I'd much rather clean up my screen.

And incur costs. See, this why that basket is such a kark idea unless you are prepared to manage it yourself. I don't see the point unless you can trim it down to whatever you want and get it for a better cost. Their "winning strategy" involves selling as well.

IQ Test

And incur costs. See, this why that basket is such a kark idea unless you are prepared to manage it yourself. I don't see the point unless you can trim it down to whatever you want and get it for a better cost. Their "winning strategy" involves selling as well.

Well you can customize the "weight" per share, and the ones you don't like I image you can leave on 0%, at least that's how it looked to me when I bought it.

Whether it's possible to leave a share on 0% I wouldn't know,but you more than welcome to try it out on your demo account.

You can however not add any other share onto it.

...but you more than welcome to try it out on your demo account.

You can however not add any other share onto it.

/buys more DIVTRX instead

Good choice, leave the BASKETS to people with zero interest in doing their own research.