The UNISA thread

Noobly

I think it would be useful to have a thread for all general UNISA related discussions.

Feel free to ask, share, give feedback on or about everything related to UNISA.

I think that would be a really good idea. UNISA has many students but not many places to interact with others. Their discussion boards are not ideal.

Okay. Did my B.Compt through them and finished in 2001. Just heard a lot of students moaning after that. But glad that there are no problems.

This is my first year with them and my initial registration took months to be finalized, costing me an internship. I was really quite upset at the slow pace they work with.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Okay. Did my B.Compt through them and finished in 2001. Just heard a lot of students moaning after that. But glad that there are no problems.

This is my first year with them and my initial registration took months to be finalized, costing me an internship. I was really quite upset at the slow pace they work with.

Its really sad. I see that the application for next year is already open... Good luck and hope everything is sorted out with them now.

Once you're in it's not such a problem. I just keep on hoping that I never urgently have to contact them. They never answer their phones or their emails. What I can say though is the dedication of the tutors regarding communication with students is wonderful.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I wonder how this #FeesMustFall movement will affect UNISA considering the talks of the unisa SRC joining in the fees must fall thing

Most UNISA students are just happy to be studying. From the people I've been talking to in UNISA no one has been much bothered by the protests, at least not in the Western Cape.

• 3 weeks later...

My second year with UNISA now and receiving my books never go without a hitch. Last year they didn't send some of my books, this year I didn't get tutorial letters, now I know the stuff is available online, but I like being able to write and make notes as I get ideas of assignments and where to find the questions. I can only hope that I do receive them in due time.