× Fact! Joining this forum will make you a happier person! - Register for FREE

Shoutbox archive
...almost time for the forum to be completely overhauled with new software.
Slack's free plan allows for a lot of users I think. Only real limit being integrations (10) but it's not the worst
Hey guys, is Group5 GRF a stock to be looking at perhaps?
With that said, I dont mind going that route, in fact I am kind of shifting towards XenForo because the PW editor is making my hair grey.
... I thought discord was better than slack also free. If we grow to 100s of active users (which we will) then slack will probably start racking up $$$ not so?
There's just so much more you can do with it than the likes of Discord, Telegram, Whatsapp etc
What we need....is a PW Slack
Experiencing some odd quote behavior. I need to spend some money and get us a better theme, that is up to date... or move to XenForo
I just started one for myself here: https://t.me/bitcoinzarchat
Or is there a PW telegram group?
Are any of you guys on Telegram?
Liking the app!
Remember you can access the forum through out app too, http://bit.ly/JSE-Finance-App
Do any of you own some international ETFs via EasyEquities? I am looking at iShares or Vanguard ETFs
crypto or JSE etf market?
Whats good in the ETF market?
Hello hodlers
Lol -> check http://telkom.co.za/ (hello world)
The site should be super snappy now, made some core changes to better take advantage of php 7
Multichoice won't be here in 10 years unless the ANC regulate online content and prevent Netflix.
How about they drop their pricing by 50%, drop 80% of their content and focus on streaming.
On another note, am I the only one laughing at Multichoice weezing like a dying animal while bitching about "Netflix...internet...unfair"
OR... just go test drive the new Swift. Don't bother with the auto (it's a "automatic manual" anyway)... if you don't have a smile on your face there is something wrong with you :p
Not sure about your budget, but give the Mazda 2 Dynamic (one spec up from base) a look. The automatic is great. All she added extra was smash and grab and leather seats.
Mmmm might need to wait off then, I currently drive a 2007 Toyota Corolla and boy is it a guzzler
Wife's Mazda 2 is pretty much the best car for the money you pay I've ever seen so if it ends up being even lighter on fuel I cannot imagine why I'd pick a Ford/Honda over it
Mazda, however, is bringing out a new engine next year in the Mazda 3 (I think) that is apparently 40% more fuel efficient
Swift has a 1.2 litre engine and also a very light car - 800kg abouts. Makes for very economical fuel figures
Sips fuel.
All depends on how you drive but your diesels are the lightest. The Kadjar is a heavier car/suv but it still gets 5.5l/100 average
Ideally I would like to look at electric, but it seems South Africa is about as backwards as it gets when it comes to green and green energy, there is massive taxes on electric cars.
I am looking at getting myself a Ford Fiesta -- apparently it's the lightest car in the country in terms of fuel usage?
Hectic!!!
Luckily I got an R80k discount on it when I bought it else it would've been R180k. F*** you life if you bought that car a few months before me
How to lose R100k in less than a year
Went to test drive a Suzuki Swift. Out of interest I let them do a trade in valuation on mine. The Kadjar's value is dropping like a stone in the ocean
Money Hack: do...not...buy...a....Renault
So Growthpoint is listing on @A2X_Markets another great catch for the alternative exchange. I think they will be real player in next 2 years
:-) I'm loving my DGH too! I have a good feeling about this one.
I am up 3.22%
DGH is doing really nicely, thanks for the heads up @SaurusDNA
Sweet!
Thanks! Done!
How do you add a profile pic on this site?
So capitec is in hot water once more...
My Sygnia MSCI world ETF is what is pulling my JSE portfolio into the green this year, because the rest is slaughtered, except for L4L -- thanks for the heads up to oulook and I think lentil soup for spotting that stock earlier this year
So six months into the year. three ETFs have done so well for me that they're actually keeping my ETFs in the green: GLODIV: +16%, SYG4IR: +11%, and GLPROP: +13%. Who would ever have thought SYG4IR would be in the top three!!! :-)
Thanks Saurus, I am also watching L4L - I think it's interesting hopefully a PSG caliber company one day.
Interim for August 2018 is due to be released on Friday, 26 Oct 2018. Final for February 2019 is due to be released on Thursday, 9 May 2019
When is the next set of results due for Long 4 Life?
Sweet - migrated old scripts the past month. We are now finally running on PHP 7.2
Test
Is it just me or are the charts on Bloomerg quotes not displaying correctly?
I disabled it temporary whilst working on some updates to automate it. For now I log in every hour and clean up if I spot stuff.
The "Report Spam" buttons on this site aren't working. Irrespective of which option one pulls down from the "Report Post" menu, it say "The selection is invalid".
Bitcoin: At least the selling volume is really low, which means the bears are no longer convinced that the price will continue dropping. Thus, I think we might be near the bottom now.
Bitcoin: Get Rekt
My 2 ETFs are also starting to turn green - Satrix Capped INDI ETF (STXIND) AND SYGNIA ITRIX MSCI JAPAN (SYGJP) that Japan ETF... Almost sold it last year.
Same Big Grin ... Sad
Well, my TFIA is green for the first time since the February crash! :-) Okay, it's only due to my global ETFs, probably because of the Rand collapse, but it doesn't matter how we make money, as long as we make money!
Thx!
Otherwise Rasberry plus Plex
Chomecast + Plex on the PC
any suggestions what TV box to get? Had a rasberry pie, but KODI not working on it anymore
Ii still sleep with my door unlocked though... So that is nice.
Just so much bigger that "more shiaat" happens
Very blindly, JHB is safer than CPT
I don't want to begin digging I feel safe in the Western Cape, playing it blindly.
I'm sure if I search there will be more f*ed up things that happened but WTF! That taxi was shot at at 3pm.... 15 mins before my fiance drives past that exact corner
2. guy shot a taxi with an AK-47 before getting on a bike and speeding away
1. 2 cash in transit vans bombed and raided
The downside of living in the Twitter era is that we now here about all the shiaat that happens around us every day. Yesterday, in JHB alone (and not in the sticks, in town/suburbs):
I would go with bug
Nah it affected my bank balance... So I wonder now if this is a bug or intentional?
As long as it is just a visual bug
Given their track record, that wouldn't surprise me
I am seeing something strange on EasyEquities Their broker commision is the exact same price each time as what the Security Transfer Tax and Administration is. It feels like a bug?
Mmmm, @bandit is thecommunty down?
I mean, they're ETFs are amongst the best and if you list them they almost look like the "all stars": SP500, CTOP50, PTXTEN, GLPROP, GLODIV, DIVTRX
So if you are happy with the CoreShares ETFs and in it for the long haul with scheduled debit orders then I don't see why not
Cheaper than ABSA though and after recent events, why would anyone but active traders touch ABSA at all?
Biggest drawback was cost - there is a certain point where they become cheaper than EE but I think it was if the trade amount exceeded R10k
I remember doing the math and found that bug on ShareForum when they started
Mmmm, I will need to check them yea, forgot you can buy directly from them.
But there was a reason I didn't like them initially, can't remember why though
Decided to give the CoreShares platform another try. Two R250 (minimum) debit orders going, will see how it turns out in a a couple of months. If all the ETFs you want is on their platform, maybe not a bad idea for a TFSA
When does curro price itself out of the market? - Reading this it seems Curro is now offering loans to parents to keep their children in their schools https://www.businessinsider.co.za/curro-...-up-2018-4 seems the school fees is about R40k per child per year, that is a metric ton of cash to spend when our old model C schools are really not that bad.
Breaking: Christo Wiese is suing Steinhoff for R59 billion. "The Steinhoff group owns some excellent businesses most of which Steinhoff acquired from Pepkor in 2015."
If cloudflare's GEO IP service wasn't so expensive I would have used that to block RU and ASIA IPs
persistent losers
We do have Google's Rechapcha, there are no bots on this system, these are real spammers double opted in via email, Rechapcha twice.
And maybe a captcha or something on signup. Those asian fuckers spamming us with posts every morning... need to stop them some how.
Done ICO section is now View Only - If you are a business and want to introduce your ICO, contact me and I will review it.
I am down with that. Will do so today.
Most of them are bad copy paste jobs by bots or scams and I remove them anyway

Color Skins

Change Color:

Background Patterns:

Background Images:

Main Options: