× Fact! Joining this forum will make you a happier person! - Register for FREE

Shoutbox archive

Go to last read | Mark all read

With the current rate of ICO scams happening I'm off the opinion that we lock the ICO sub forum and remove any future ICO posts.
Really hoping they will come through this year.
that doesnt sound good
*JSE SAYS PEMBURY, TRENCOR FAILED TO SUBMIT REPORTS IN TIME
Heard about it when I was on the JHB trip - https://www.iol.co.za/personal-finance/r...ts-9841359
Dunno what you are saying. Is it English?
When will Retail Distribution Review (RDR) become a thing here?
The other half refuses to go on roller coasters because it is "dangerous". Perfectly happy to go on a boat in shark invested waters though...
Well, next time you are here let me know. We'll be children and go to Gold Reef City
The ability to shower was a bonus yes.
JHB is technically safer than CPT and we have water Tongue
That sucks! - Yea Igor from Advicement.co.za was nice enough to let us stay with him, stunning guy was weird coming from Cape Town to JHB, I posted to facebook every 2 hours that I am still alve, turns out JHB is a lot nicer than I thought, will need to relay the experience back to fellow Western Cape persons that JHB is okay-ish.
Yeah, weekend was nuts and to top it all off our fibre broke on Saturday so now I have to wait and hopefully get SADV to fix it this afternoon Sad
Simon is great
Met Simon! What an awesome guy in person he is!
What a weekend. - Sucked that we missed each other.
TFIM
Oh well, there we have it: Sagarmatha Technologies will not list on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange on 13 April
Or today is the approval and Friday is the listing?
Sagarmatha Technologies is listing now right?
Or Corronation. But that'll have to wait for now
Still thinking of moving my TFSA to Allan Gray
EasyEquites is fine, small issues, but not crooks just incompetent here and there - my money is still safe, so I like them.
EasyE for the win. - I need to read up a little more about Sagarmatha - we need a thread bandit
And ABSA, with their new "inactivity fee" can go fly a kite. The only ETF TFSA provider that is worth a look right now is EE, and that is saying something Sad
All this to raise R3 billion. Looks very suspicious and when you consider his ties with the Guptas, no friggin way
Create company with 120 shares at R1 per share. Dilute shares and let your struggling Independent Media company with R2.3billion debt buy 20% of it at over R10 million....
For spectator value or actually investing? It's a friggin ponzi scheme
Looking forward to the Sagarmatha Technologies listing.
February and March has been horrific for ETFs and shares. I'm down over 10% on my entire portfolio since the beginning of the year.
What is going on with the ETF's? My TFSA is not looking so nice. Is it the Naspers situation; VAT change maybe?
The US Federal Reserve raised interest rates on Wednesday and forecast at least two more hikes for 2018
Tiger Brands has lost R30 million thanks to #Listeriosis recall
FNB Says Firstrand Awarded Short-Term Insurance Licence By The Financial Services Board
in Bellville and friends in Tableview
We did
anyone else experiencing power cuts?
Every quarter the JSE has a closeout - this happens so that prices on futures can be calculated and determined for the next quarter. This means that between 11h55 - 12h20 (CAT), 15th March, you will not be able to buy or sell anything, because all trading on the JSE will be halted.
New ETF launching: Satrix will aim to replicate the index by investing in the iShares NASDAQ-100 UCITS ETF - Satrix Nasdaq 100 ETF - The anticipated date for listing on the JSE is Tuesday 10 April 2018
Viceroy losing it's charm lately
Kganyago: Against the backdrop of severe liquidity crisis which prevails at #VBS, the minister of finance upon recommendation by the Registrar of Banks has decided to put #VBS mutual bank under curatorship wih effect from 5pm today.
Saw that too
Also their footer text is wrong ever since they launched in SA, so not very impressed with them seems unprofessional.
Actually on second thought, I won't. Too much shilling and behind the scenes kickbacks at that place to make it trustworthy.
I mean I would almost put mybroadband above them and that says a lot.
WTF is this (https://www.businessinsider.co.za/we-wen...-us-2018-3) is that suppose to be the competition of Moneyweb and Bloomberg Africa?
I genuinely thought they where a real publication in the business section like Bloomberg and Reuters, turns out they are more like a teenager sensation.
Agreed. Haven't seen anything that would set them apart
I am glad I am not the only one.
Anyone else disappointed by the content from Business Insider SA? It feels like a facebook type compiler nothing to do with business instead it rehashes click baity content.
I see the Sygnia lady is onto them! (She really is a upstanding citizen, I wish more CEOs would throw their weight around), we citizens cannot do much, but these large listed companies are what drives the economy.)
What is the latest on the Resilient and Fortress scam?
Our Fed, Who art in Washington, Yellen be thy name, Thy printing come, Thy will be done by Ben as it is with Janet, Give us this day our daily billion, and increase our debts, As we bail out our debtors, And lead us not into inflation, But deliver us from down markets, For thine is the printing, the bubble and the euphoria, Forever till taper. Amen
Public Protector Busisiwe Mkhwebane appears before the Justice Committee to explain her recent public comments. - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UI1fsRR5Jjg
Capitec’s inadequate response to Viceroy - https://viceroyresearch.files.wordpress....y-2018.pdf
Tiger Brands down 4 152,00 (9,77%) #Listeriosis
Did anyone transfer their TFSA yet?
Charting like analysis and stuff I think investing.com is your best bet for JSE data since the JSE refuses to make the data available without having to pay exorbitant fees. For normal stuff I use Google finance I can compare different stocks, ETFs etc. I won't know what to do if I am given a charting package - no clue how that black magic works. I'm a fundamentals guy, does the company make a profit, if yes I buy.
Whats the best way to chart our JSE stocks. Only way I have found so far is on investing dot com. Is there any other way I'm missing out on? Would be nice to have on tradingview.
Yes. People are getting nervous of Bitcoin lately, especially because of the scams, schemes and hacks. Even some of your staunchest hodlers are thinking of selling. It's a stressful market to be in at the moment.
It's a lack of knowledge unfortunately. People want in on this thing the heard called Bitcoin and invest in these scams thinking this is what everyone is doing. You should see some comments on these articles, a lot of people think Bitcoin is a scam because they associate it with these ponzies.
I saw that. I kind of feel sad that people fall for that, but ultimately that is why this space will become regulated. People need protection from themselves.
So I hear another ponzi scheme has collapsed and has affected many South Africans. Please don't send people your money with a promise to make you money with it. Nothing works this way, ever.
Do we have a leveraged ETF in SA?
Gaming community: https://discord.gg/XdxmuKc
This chat should be bigger!!!!
Luckily PW is not with them - Domains.co.za for the win.
Seems Hetzner is down
Updates are on their Twitter account here: https://twitter.com/ICE3X?ref_src=twsrc%...as-ever%2F
Eish
ICE3x experienced a DDoS attack on their site yesterday. All accounts without 2FA enabled are temporarily blocked to secure the funds.
Agreed.
We need this chat bigger!!!!!
Unfortunately he has not responded.
I saw you tweeted to Gareth Stobie about the missing information on the GLODIV fact-sheet (If one can even call it that.) - Did he reply yet?
The Samsung Galaxy is such a stunning looking phone and then I read 3000 mah battery. Guess what phone I will not be buying.
I don't see McD on there...
I see the CoreShares fact sheet is lacking any real info. Try the index's factsheet: https://eu.spindices.com/indices/strateg...level=esma
The factsheet?
Any idea on where to find the top companies in GLODIV? Is it equal weighted of market cap weighted? All I can find is that McDonalds is one of the top 10. Other than that, nothing... :-(
Great announcement! If this was a crypto stock your price would have rose through he roof right now. I always wondered when Platinum Wealth and EasyEquities would team up properly. Their easy to use platform combined with the wealth of financial information available on this platform will surely make an impact in South Africa.
A lil'something for those looking to start out with their investment journey https://platinumwealth.co.za/forum/Threa...y-Equities
What is this property tax business that everyone is talking about? (I'm renting atm, but want to buy a place).
They said nothing about TFIA/TFSA
I'm so loving my Ellies shares right now. Up 25% this month from 36c on 21 Jan to 45c today. And it's a steady climb - no bouncing. Totally awesome! :-)
Standard bank just announced the new STANLIB S&P500 Info Tech ETF. It's the Top 500 information technology companies of the S&P index. Could be a competitor to SYG4IR - Kensho technology index vs US IT index.
Did they announce what the new TFIA annual limit will be?
I thought it would be 16%
Question two of that report is one I agree with - "2. Do Capitec believe extending new loans to consumers who were only one day prior in arrears is both socially and financially sustainable?"
Viceroy’s open letter to Capitec is now live $CPI #JSE https://viceroyresearch.org/2018/02/20/v...o-capitec/
Hopefully L4L will shine before Friday - if we can end the week in green then I will be happy.
Sadly, it's not green. As usual, only STXQUA is up. Everything else is down again... :-(
When is the Budget speech and is Gigaba fired yet?
Hoping for a green JSE today
good riddance
Zuma: "It has been an honour that I will cherish for as long as I live. The ANC should never be divided in my name and so I have come to the decision to resign with immediate effect"
SABC livestream of Zuma addressing the nation is here: https://youtu.be/gEjmjfopPWo #Zuma #ZumaResigns

Color Skins

Change Color:

Background Patterns:

Background Images:

Main Options: