× Fact! Joining this forum will make you a happier person! - Register for FREE

Shoutbox archive

Go to last read | Mark all read

Lol, 1 Lambo for everyone here. :p . Do you have a referral link to pm me? I have not created an account yet.
Remember us when you're a filthy rich Forex trader, 1 lambo should suffice.
Nice, thanks for you effort. Smile
@Brendan - >https://twitter.com/GT_247/status/960505471873486849
I asked them on twitter will see what they say.
Does GT247 have a demo facility available? I'm currently using Avatrade via Metatrader and would like to compare the two in terms of spread etc.
Viceroy comments on SARB statement - https://viceroyresearch.org/2018/02/05/v...statement/
NEPI Rockcastle the one etf I thought would be rock solid.
I remember spreadsheet used to have NAPI
I bought at its peak Sad
RES at -19%
Bidvest snd Shoprite are the only ones for me not completely recked by the last two weeks of BS. Even my Discovery is down Sad
Naspers is one of my buy and hold investments. I've already lost my Capitec shares to a stop loss, and they were also not meant to sell either. I only trade with 10% of my capital. The rest is buy and hold.
If you are trading and than is part of the plan, stick to it. Personally, don't have stops on my investing accounts and will only sell on fundamental reasons.
I'm worried about Naspers. They've lost 13% in the last 9 days and are soooo close to the 320000c barrier which will start a massive sell-off. I really don't want my Naspers to trigger my stop loss, but I have a rule never to cancel my stop losses. Ever. But this is Naspers, the top stock in the market. Don't know what to do... :-(
Sold those capitec shares at 912 almost at close on Friday. Had had two bad days on all my portfolio's, got gatvol, closed out of all my "right" sized trades and orders and chucked into Capitec on CFDS. Account went red a few times. Very stupid revenge trade. Anyway, very lucky to end green a few days later. But adding another rule to my play book - no trading of shares I haveany sort of bias a bias towards.
I am also so glad for for L4L, that and AXL are my star stocks so far. Would like for AXL to rally a little bit tbh.
It's everything, not just RES.. Fifth straight day of heavy losses. Small cap seens to be the only companies that are resisting the dive. Two of my stocks already triggered stop losses after losing 18% each, and even Naspers is heading that way it seems My Ellies, L4L, and STXQUA are my only stocks that are still green..
Seems bitcoin wants to gravitate towards $6000
I hope the Springboks recover
Something odd happening there.
Did I miss a SENS or something?
What the actual ****
RES is just falling more and more
nice article - Esp. "Remember, when you sell you are only forgoing possible future gains, whereas if you continue to hold you risking actual capital"
Oh trust me, it's crashing. Market Cap: $457,120,407,062 we were on $540 billion a few hours ago
India just ban crypto's so expect another crypto crash. :-(
Heavy days - pembury better pick up the slack this year.
Fourth dismal day in a row on the JSE. The last four days have dropped my portfolio by nearly 10%. When will this ever end?
Will be very interested to see how this CPI thing plays out. Have quite a few that I bought a few years ago at R175 - one of the only shares that propped up my underachieveing portfolio Sad Bought some cfds at 873 - will hold them for a few days and see what happens. -will cash out at 973 if it gets there .
Crypto ain't looking much better either. :/
The last few days have destroyed my entire last two month's growth and then some. What a nightmare.
Probably gonna bite me in the ass when they surge to R1500 or something ridiculous
Well, my Capitec shares sold this morning and I'm not buying new ones.
The irony is that the reason we bought Capitec in the first place was to avoid this kind of mess completely.
I don't have time for this kinda crap. Sells Capitec, buys L4L.... moving on
Why is Naspers down 6%?
Especially taking into account Capitec is largely low LSM citizens.
This might become bigger than we think. - I sincerely hope there is no run on the bank. South African's citizens cannot afford that at the moment.
Capitec now at 76500c
Wait for the US to wake up...
Year-on-year reconciliation of Capitec’s loan book, maturity profiles & cash outflows imply Capitec is either fabricating new loans & collections, or re-financing ~ZAR 2.5bn – 3bn (US$200m-$240m) in principal per year by issuing new loans to defaulting clients
This is going to sting - Capitec Viceroy report https://twitter.com/viceroyresearch/stat...1863219200
Let's hope it does not persist.
Maybe if the DayZero/Drought conditions persist. Eventually people will want to move out.
Do you guys think that #DayZero will affect property prices in Cape Town? - I am in the market for a flat to rent out.
Could be the Moody's report. Or something worse. You know something must be up when SYG4IR is the day's biggest gain!!!
Capitec invariably does bounce back, and usually to a higher level than it was before.
Well, maybe I should use my Greenbay money to buy Capitec at 94,000 per share and hope that it bounces back...
Yip. DSY is hit really hard as well. And my Greenbay properties stop loss triggered... :-(
USD to ZAR is now R11.98. Who said what?
Everything is falling Sad
I can give you a list of everything else that will fall. So far it is RES and CPI.... DSY, BVT and NPN next
I own CPI, that's why Sad
What's going on with Capitec? 10% drop already today and falling fast! :-(
Happy 1001
1001 members!
My Ethereum prediction: Ethereum has been sittin on under R14,000 per ETH for just about two weeks. My prediction is that it will reach R15,500 per Ethereum before lunchtime tomorrow.
My motto in investing: "The enemy of the best is often the good." It constantly reminds me not to over-diversify. As the saying goes: "To become rich, keep a concentrated portfolio. To stay rich, keep a diversified portfolio."
I so wish we could see ahead how the market would go in the future. I would love to add ASHMID and STXFIN to my ETF portfolio, but I don't want to take away percentage points from my STXQUA and STXIND, because I think these will do even better, and I'm not prepared to sacrifice global exposure. I just hope my predictions are right!
Banks and mid-cap companies will benefit most, I think. Top 40 has quite a lot of global exposure as the big shares often has global branches, but the mid-cap is much more localised.
2018 is shaping up to be a good year - What SA stocks will benefit the most from a strong rand?
This time around anyway Big Grin
Property ETFs are the bomb!
Dividends are life
Fsck I love dividends. Not that the TFSA generates a lot yet, but that feeling when money just randomly appears in your account
The only local exposure I have is via NFEMOM - hoping they will catch the swings on my behalf.
So slightly more offshore than local
10: emerging markets, 40: developed world (50: offshore), 35: SA quality, 15: SA property (50: local)
Well if it helps at all, I split my TFSA 50:50 between offshore and local. I know, it sounds like a decision an n00b would make BUT
I have a feeling SA will outperform the global market in 2017, so I've been toying with increasing my local exposure in the short term, but I'm worried about falling into the trap of buying near the top, while some ETFs like emerging markets are still cheap. Aah, if only we knew in advance how the market would behave...
Luckily, one day when we switch our TFSA's to income generating assets we we'll stick to the SA stuff for high interest and dividends :p Sad
Sheesh, that is not so nice. I see on mine as well, some nice dividends but also some not-so-nice withholding.
SYGWD: R180 dividend, - R80 for foreign tax
Just shows you how having offshore exposure in a TFSA is not the greatest when it comes to dividends
Long term... erm... no
For my small equity experiments, sure
After three years of maxing out my contributions the value of it is becoming sizeable and I'm really not THAT comfortable with having such "big" amounts on EasyEquities
And here I am hoping Gigabyte will allow us to transfer our TFSA's so I can go to Allan Gray
i see easyE has RA's now
Tongue
Big Grin
Mother of Noodle! Someone just tried to hack our DB, script kiddy ek hoop jy lees die boodskap, as ek vir jou vang, gan jy gebliksem word my china.
almost on 1000 members
Luno is facing some issues and being shut down/frozen in other countries. - https://news.bitcoin.com/luno-exchange-b...officials/
Long 4 Life moving on up.
cheers for the Viceroy link. Barely understand half of it - but ja, balance sheet shenanigans. At least the put a price of 1.29 euro - around R19.50 as fair value. I'll be pretty happy if it get there...
If you guy want to refer people you can click here https://platinumwealth.co.za/forum/usercp.php it will show your referral link - PW branded merchandise is always up for grabs.
Made some updates to the forum now all is full steam ahead again!
Sad
Something Smile
OK SOMEBODY SAY SOMETHING
you can join the JSE and Crypto (South Africa) Group chat on discord here - https://discord.gg/ewCrsdG
If anybody is looking to get hosting, https://my.hostking.co.za/aff.php?aff=221 (my referral link). I need like another 4 guys or so to signup and get hosting
Viceroy unearths Steinhoff's skeletons – off-balance sheet related party entities inflating earnings, obscuring losses. https://viceroyresearch.files.wordpress....ceroy2.pdf

Color Skins

Change Color:

Background Patterns:

Background Images:

Main Options: