× Fact! Joining this forum will make you a happier person! - Register for FREE

ZarX Stock Exchange
(09-07-2016, 06:41 AM)Hamster Wrote: Next time you look at the performance graph of a stock do yourself a favour and zoom out so you can see the performance of the last 10-15 years instead of just the last 1-2 years.

Sent from my LG-V490 using Tapatalk
That's my whole point look at DBXWD we buy DBXWD based on its past performance, but looking at the most recent years it's clear that that past momentum is no more.

Point take regardless
Register on Platinum Wealth (My referral link)

(09-07-2016, 09:03 AM)Spreadsheet Ranger Wrote:
(09-07-2016, 06:41 AM)Hamster Wrote: Next time you look at the performance graph of a stock do yourself a favour and zoom out so you can see the performance of the last 10-15 years instead of just the last 1-2 years.

Sent from my LG-V490 using Tapatalk
That's my whole point look at DBXWD we buy DBXWD based on its past performance, but looking at the most recent years it's clear that that past momentum is no more.

Point take regardless

The reason why we always say that if you do not have 5+ years to wait then shares aren't for you.

Does anyone have any news what the situation is with the ZarX stock exchange?

Haven't heard of or seen any broker platform supporting them. Stillborn?

I have mailed them more than 11 times now over the course of 2 months. And I have tweeted about them trying to get their attention, but I'm not getting any feedback.

Came in massive hype and poof gone without a trace.

The JSE has also battled another potential exchange, as it launched an urgent application to have ZAR X’s exchange licence suspended. The FSB’s appeal board deputy chairman Judge Louis Harms later dismissed the JSE’s application on the basis that it didn’t submit evidence that it would suffer harm or prejudice from ZAR X’s entry in to the market.

However, the application for its licence to be suspended will still be heard by the board later in January. Both 4AX and the JSE are appealing against the FSB’s decision to grant ZAR X a licence. The FSB granted ZAR X its licence to operate as a stock exchange in August last year.

ZAR X’s CEO Etienne Nel says it has been business as usual for the company despite having the trading of its exchange put on ice. “We still have our FSB licence and our systems are fully operational and functional. We have used this quiet period to add functionality to our settlements and clearing process [of the exchange].”

ZAR X is looking to list companies with a minimum market capitalisation of R200 million. In addition to signing up agricultural services group Senwes Beleggings as a customer, Nel says it has added two additional companies to its listing pipeline. “This speaks to the confidence that the market has in our offering. Companies have complete faith in our platform and technology,” he adds.

Arguably, the JSE’s process for appeals against new players has created the perception that it’s against competition.

There have been three applications for licenced exchanges in 2016 including AX2, YPN Exchange and the Equity Express Stock Exchange in terms of the Financial Markets Act. The head of the Department of Market Abuse at the FSB Solly Keetse says: “These exchanges are not yet licenced but their applications are still being assessed.”
Forum Admin | Platinum Wealth
Tips
ETH 0x6c793ae7749acd19c8b4a77aa72d01cd0263f137 BTC 1GeXS8t5KtYvyMAf5hhwtdxM9Ba9EWQqMz

Friggen JSE Sad

Reading this article begs the question if there is room for another 3 exchanges over and above the JSE, 4AX and ZAR X which have been licensed

When does it launch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

(01-23-2017, 11:51 AM)Solly Wrote: When does it launch

According to the article ZAR X is live but the JSE are trying to stop them and 4AX are sometime in March, the others have applied and are waiting for licences.

Has anyone seen where you can trade ??

(01-23-2017, 12:05 PM)Miss Behavin Wrote:
(01-23-2017, 11:51 AM)Solly Wrote: When does it launch

According to the article ZAR X is live but the JSE are trying to stop them and 4AX are sometime in March, the others have applied and are waiting for licences.

Has anyone seen where you can trade ??

I have received an E-mail from the CEO (I asked him if I can share it here)

Quote:At a high level we can confirm that we have engaged with all the major broking firms in SA with a view for them to sign up and become market participants (MP) on ZAR X. This is obviously an administratively intense process which takes time to ensure investor protection at all times. We will be offering investors link to all approved MP’s on our website, this list will be in alphabetical order so as not to prejudice anyone.

With regard to the JSE and 4AX appeal against our licence we confirm that the matter will be heard this coming Monday and Tuesday at the FSB Appeal board, we are confident that our case is strong and that we will have finality on the matter very soon after that. We undertake to keep the market informed of any developments at all times. Please follow us on our website;  LinkedIn or on Instagram @zarx_xchange  

This is great news, thank you for the update ! Super excited about new markets opening in SA. Still no actual start date tho.
I guess they are waiting for all the legal stuff to get out the way ....

Does anyone know why the JSE is trying to block ZARX?

Did you peeps see this ?

http://www.moneyweb.co.za/news/companies...h-the-jse/

Seems like the JSE old boys network don't like the new kids on the block making a go of it