× Fact! Joining this forum will make you a happier person! - Register for FREE

ZarX Stock Exchange
Hopefully @jonobruton will give us some feedback regarding this soon.
Register on Platinum Wealth (My referral link)

(09-02-2016, 02:57 PM)Hamster Wrote: Screw ZarX, when is EE giving us access to international stocks!

Hi Hamster,

My name is Jono and I am a consultant at The Purple Group. I followed up with regards to your comment and EasyEquities have responded as follows:

"We are aiming to launch international stocks by the end of this year."

Charles Savage (CEO of Purple Group) responded to a tweet recently on the same topic as follows:

“We have just been approved as a QI, SA's 1st, took a year but now we can move forward swiftly”

The only think we cannot confirm currently is the exact dates of launch.

Excited much?

(09-06-2016, 01:25 PM)jonobruton Wrote:
(09-02-2016, 02:57 PM)Hamster Wrote: Screw ZarX, when is EE giving us access to international stocks!

Hi Hamster,

My name is Jono and I am a consultant at The Purple Group. I followed up with regards to your comment and EasyEquities have responded as follows:

"We are aiming to leaunch international stocks by the end of this year."

Charles Savage (CEO of Purple Group) responded to a tweet recently on the same topic as follows:

“We have just been approved as a QI, SA's 1st, took a year but now we can move forward swiftly”

Excited much?
Depends on costs and what we'll be able to invest in. Vanguard ETF s?

(06-03-2016, 07:21 PM)Spreadsheet Ranger Wrote: I wonder if EasyEquities will support them as well?

EasyEquities response:

"We are chatting to them at the moment and it’s likely that the ZARX exchange will be included on EE. It might just not be on launch."

(09-06-2016, 01:26 PM)Hamster Wrote:
(09-06-2016, 01:25 PM)jonobruton Wrote:

Hi Hamster,

"We are aiming to leaunch international stocks by the end of this year."

Excited much?
Depends on costs and what we'll be able to invest in. Vanguard ETF s?
With regards to costs, EasyEquities has always been proud to be South Africa's cheapest platform so I am sure the theme will follow through. We will have to wait for more information to be released.

(09-06-2016, 08:39 AM)pratlou Wrote:

Wasn't that promised to be looked at during this year? If I remember well someone once mentioned that EE is looking at opening up for investing in international stocks.

Correct! This is planned for the end of this year.

I am so glad to be an Easy Equities client it makes my heart warm!

(09-06-2016, 02:05 PM)Spreadsheet Ranger Wrote: I am so glad to be an Easy Equities client it makes my heart warm!

Apart from not being able to set your bbid/offer prices, the instant buy and sell has it's perks. I've been trying to sell CTOP50 all day. Only a third of them have sold so far. Damn markets are flat  Angry

(09-06-2016, 02:35 PM)Hamster Wrote:
(09-06-2016, 02:05 PM)Spreadsheet Ranger Wrote: I am so glad to be an Easy Equities client it makes my heart warm!

Apart from not being able to set your bbid/offer prices, the instant buy and sell has it's perks. I've been trying to sell CTOP50 all day. Only a third of them have sold so far. Damn markets are flat  Angry

Selling Ctop50?

Why, unless I assume NewFunds Momentum Equity ETF?

You assume correct. But I'm going to allocate a small portion of it to their gold ETF as well.

I do not like gold although $1400 is on the cards, but not for me I am a buy and hold.

I guess I need to look into this Momentum ETF lots of buzz around it then again there was a lot of buzz around CTOP50 as well so might just keep it and add Newfunds Momentum to the mix next month.

(09-06-2016, 03:44 PM)Spreadsheet Ranger Wrote: I do not like gold although $1400 is on the cards, but not for me I am a buy and hold.

I guess I need to look into this Momentum ETF lots of buzz around it then again there was a lot of buzz around CTOP50 as well so might just keep it and add Newfunds Momentum to the mix next month.
I ignored it previously in favour of SWIX (which was a very uninformed mistake my part) but the recent changes they made to NFEMOM makes it look very good, especially since it is rebalanced every month instead of every quarter.

To be honest this etf flew a little bit under my radar. Then again all the stocks that looks good is messing with my mind since they all look good till about mid 2015 after that it's sideways or downwards so I don't know what to do anymore regarding choices.

Silly example, but look at MRP, Simon likes that stock a lot or did and numerous occasions mentioned it in his webinars and we'll if I took the advice I would have been wiped out now.

Look at discovery also a stock that gets mentioned alot but lately it's down down down

Now I know comparing stocks to ETFs is not really accurate, but look at my favorite ETFs:

DBXWD
StxIND
DBXEU
PTXTEN
And now New funds momentum as well.

Over all they all look wonderful but go back YTD or just 1 year especially 2015 and then it's a very very different outlook.

Guess what I am saying is that I still don't know of any stock/etf on that JSE that is solid enough so hoping ZAR X brings something new to the table.

I know all of this farts in the wind in the long run, but psychologically it sucks seeing shares go down and down and it's hard to keep faith that it will recover.

Next time you look at the performance graph of a stock do yourself a favour and zoom out so you can see the performance of the last 10-15 years instead of just the last 1-2 years.

Sent from my LG-V490 using Tapatalk

(09-06-2016, 11:11 PM)Spreadsheet Ranger Wrote: [...] Silly example, but look at MRP, Simon likes that stock a lot or did and numerous occasions mentioned it in his webinars and we'll if I took the advice I would have been  wiped out now. 

Over all they all look wonderful but go back YTD or just 1 year especially 2015 and then it's a very very different outlook. [...]
(09-07-2016, 06:41 AM)Hamster Wrote: Next time you look at the performance graph of a stock do yourself a favour and zoom out so you can see the performance of the last 10-15 years instead of just the last 1-2 years.

Sent from my LG-V490 using Tapatalk

zooming out just might be the answer for MRP: (stole this from someone's twitter post), some "traders" seem to think now is the ideal time to re-invest for longterm

[Image: Crqbl5DXEAAG3Pf.jpg]

Any ideas anyone?