× Fact! Joining this forum will make you a happier person! - Register for FREE

Your TFIA/TFSA
So far so good!
JSE Finance Forum Attachment - Filename: 2016-08-12_13-04-34.jpg   
Register on Platinum Wealth (My referral link)

property will always give you your 6 or so % to your portfolio each year conservatively speaking . coreshare holds hyprop which is up 10% in the last 30 days alone.

(08-02-2016, 02:53 PM)dieWerner Wrote: I just saw this today:  EE is offering basket deals on their TFIA:.

Has anyone here tried it? I'm not sure how good their choices are in the baskets, and they charge you a 0.50% basket fee

(08-02-2016, 03:05 PM)dieWerner Wrote: Just for interest's sake, I plotted the available ETF's from the "Aggressive Basket" on Bloomberg:

So, not too bad then ?
Would the baskets be a better option for a pleb like me, or would you recommend three or four etf's to put my money into ?

Whats worked for me is over the last 19 months

prefs - coreshare preftrax
prop - coreshare proptrax
offshore exposure- dbx world and us
SA equity i used NFEMOM

I have no idea how EE works my TFSA is with Afrifocus Securities but its been good performance this far. like any investment spread the risk across sectors. the TFSA is a long term investment for me so im not afraid to take a few punts when i see a chance.

(08-12-2016, 03:35 PM)rayyaanS Wrote: Whats worked for me is over the last 19 months

prefs - coreshare preftrax
prop - coreshare proptrax
offshore exposure- dbx world and us
SA equity i used NFEMOM

I have no idea how EE works my TFSA is with Afrifocus Securities but its been good performance this far. like any investment spread the risk across sectors. the TFSA is a long term investment for me so im not afraid to take a few punts when i see a chance.

My TFSA is doing so good, I am seriously concidering replicating it in my normal share trading account, TAS, CCO, Discovery is killing me. The only winners I have there is Capitec, Shoprite, Calgro M3 and pick 'n pay

You bastids who started your TFSA when the market was reaching it's bottom levels.... the envy is strong Sad

(08-22-2016, 08:59 AM)Hamster Wrote: You bastids who started your TFSA when the market was reaching it's bottom levels.... the envy is strong Sad

Hahahaha! 

Tongue

EasyEquities just released new baskets for TFSA

What do you guys think about their baskets?

https://www.easyequities.co.za/About/TaxFreeInvesting

I changed mine up a bit, doing a bit better now that STXIND is climbing:
JSE Finance Forum Attachment - Filename: tfsa2.JPG   
I'm in the green for a change, by a whole 0.82% Cool

So, with all this Pravin [email protected], my STXIND decided to start climbing today..
And it has gained by exactly the same amount that DIVTRX has fallen 1.7%, can Anyone tell me why?
And if it's likely that DIVTRX will keep on falling?
JSE Finance Forum Attachment - Filename: indi2.JPG   

strxind has a good rand hedge holdings thats where your gains are coming from.

Naspers Ltd
SABMiller
BTI Group

The div trx holds i could be wrong never check this up in a while.
MTN and banks who are taking a knock at the moment thats where the downside is coming from.

For the long-run lets hope we keep Mr Gordan.

(08-24-2016, 12:31 PM)rayyaanS Wrote: strxind has a good rand hedge holdings thats where your gains are coming from.

Naspers Ltd
SABMiller
BTI Group

MTN and banks who are taking a knock at the moment thats where the downside is coming from.

Two alternatives are available to
replace the SATRIX DIVIDEND ETF.

Firstly, the PROPTRAX TEN ETF (JSE:
PTXTEN) tracks the performance of the
ten largest and most liquid listed
property companies.

Secondly, the NEWFUNDS GOVI ETF
(JSE: NFGOVI) tracks the performance
of the SA Government All Bond Index.

(08-25-2016, 09:15 AM)rayyaanS Wrote:
(08-24-2016, 12:31 PM)rayyaanS Wrote: strxind has a good rand hedge holdings thats where your gains are coming from.

Naspers Ltd
SABMiller
BTI Group

Two alternatives are available to
replace the SATRIX DIVIDEND ETF.

Firstly, the PROPTRAX TEN ETF (JSE:
PTXTEN) tracks the performance of the
ten largest and most liquid listed
property companies.

Secondly, the NEWFUNDS GOVI ETF
(JSE: NFGOVI) tracks the performance
of the SA Government All Bond Index.

STPROP's "dividends" have been higher, no? PTXTEN's dividend yield is at 2.9%, STPROP at 6.9% and PREFTX at 7.2%

I would sell the strix and invest the proceeds into one of the better income generating ETFs as i listed.

(08-25-2016, 01:54 PM)rayyaanS Wrote: I  would sell the strix  and invest the proceeds into one of the better income generating ETFs as i listed.

But surely PREFTRX is one of the best income generating funds. Combining that with STPROP for growth plus dividend should do you very well if income is what you are after?