× Fact! Joining this forum will make you a happier person! - Register for FREE

Your TFIA/TFSA
Tough month with about 40 odd domains up for renewal. But I am still aiming to put away another R6K this month into the TFSA, but I think I might come a bit short this month so realistically I am aiming for R4K at the minimum.

As for the shares I am going to split it 50/50 into CTOP50 and PTXTEN like I did this month.
Register on Platinum Wealth (My referral link)

Tough month? Had to pay excess on bike repair, new helmet, new tyres...

Yeah, it's THAT month.

(07-05-2016, 05:27 PM)Hamster Wrote: Tough month? Had to pay excess on bike repair, new helmet, new tyres...

Yeah, it's THAT month.

Eish! That can't be a cheap exercise I would imagine.

Hi guys i'm a new member to this forum,

Few Questions on TFSA.

What is the percentage you guys pay on admin/management fee ect. when it comes to your TFSA?
Do you purchase your ETF's with sums above 15k or less?
Do you use brokers or banks?

(07-11-2016, 10:47 AM)rayyaanS Wrote: Hi guys i'm a new member to this forum,

Few Questions on TFSA.

What is the percentage you guys pay on admin/management fee ect. when it comes to your TFSA?
Do you purchase your ETF's with sums above 15k or less?
Do you use brokers or banks?

Hey Hey, Welcome.

Personally I use EasyEquities.co.za for my TFSA/TFIA regarding the fees, I might be wrong here, but I think I only pay the fees included in the actual ETF price so I invest primality in ETFs classified as Collective Investment Schemes.

Then regarding fees again might be wrong here, but I think SECURITIES TRANSFER TAX (STT), CAPITAL GAINS TAX (CGT), DIVIDEND WITHHOLDING TAX (DWT) ON DIVIDENDS EARNED and TAX ON INTEREST EARNED is all exempt. So no costs there.

Then Easy Equities has no monthly fee and also no monthly investment limit so I put in however much I have that month available which I love this flexibility makes me more at ease for in case life happens.

Then admin/broker fee. Easy Equities has a 0.25% brokerage fee, so investing R250 in my TFSA would mean I have R249.05 (99.62%) invested.

Can one transfer their ETF's from ordinary EE account to TFSA?
Blush Blush Proud Feminist and Oh I forgot Mama's Boy

(07-13-2016, 07:27 AM)pratlou Wrote: Can one transfer their ETF's from ordinary EE account to TFSA?

Can I transfer money between my TFSA and Investment accounts?

Unfortunately not. We can't facilitate transfers between the EE Investment account and a TFSA account as there are certain rules that govern the transfer of funds in and out of a TFSA account so that the annual and lifetime limits can be monitored.

This means that funds transferred into your TFSA account must come from your bank account.

https://support.easyequities.co.za/suppo...t-accounts-

Hopefully I can put another 6K into it this month. If nothing happens between now and the 28th.

Almost recovered my losses...again...because Brexit Sad

DIVTRX is really performing well this year Smile

I'm actually in the green by a massive R525,58 Big Grin

Edit: Lol, it refreshed, now at R488.90...

I just checked my EE account compared to my google finance tracking, and the dividends that i got on EE aren't showing in google finance, even though there is a setting that allows for dividend reporting:
JSE Finance Forum Attachment - Filename: tfsa div reporting 2.JPG   
Has anyone else experienced this???

EE added all the divvies to cash automatically:
JSE Finance Forum Attachment - Filename: divs from TFIA.PNG   

Edit: I deleted the portfolio and imported the new report from EE, now the divvies show as cash in my account, R11.83 was missing so I added that as a cash deposit...

My money is in.

I just saw this today:  EE is offering basket deals on their TFIA: JSE Finance Forum Attachment - Filename: EE TFSA basket.JPG    .

Has anyone here tried it? I'm not sure how good their choices are in the baskets, and they charge you a 0.50% basket fee

Just for interest's sake, I plotted the available ETF's from the "Aggressive Basket" on Bloomberg:
JSE Finance Forum Attachment - Filename: EE TFSA basket - aggressive.JPG   

GIVRES up 125% over 12 months