× Fact! Joining this forum will make you a happier person! - Register for FREE

Your TFIA/TFSA
(06-13-2016, 11:47 AM)Hamster Wrote: For aggressive growth I'd go with STXIND and DBXWD. I'd heavily go for STXIND because of Naspers (dangerous though). I combined those with some DIVTRX as well because even though it is geared for dividends there are some good stocks in there and it is growing pretty well atm.

DIVTRX has grown 14% Year to date, but has been falling since middle April, STXIND has only done 1% year to date, and has fallen since the beginning of the month.

I'm so confused as to what's going on and what to do to stop the losses...

(06-13-2016, 12:06 PM)dieWerner Wrote:
(06-13-2016, 11:47 AM)Hamster Wrote: For aggressive growth I'd go with STXIND and DBXWD. I'd heavily go for STXIND because of Naspers (dangerous though). I combined those with some DIVTRX as well because even though it is geared for dividends there are some good stocks in there and it is growing pretty well atm.

DIVTRX has grown 14% Year to date, but has been falling since middle April, STXIND has only done 1% year to date, and has fallen since the beginning of the month.

I'm so confused as to what's going on and what to do to stop the losses...

Stop looking at it in such a short window of time. I'm almost 30 so looking at withdrawing from my TFSA come 2045. One month, heck, one year is nothing on that scale.

Come next month, this will be my top priority. No Tax is absolutely mind blowing thinking in the 10 year term
Register on Platinum Wealth (My referral link)

Is there a list of all the allowed ETF's in the TFSA?

I'd like to take the weekend and do some research in order to buy next week Friday.

(06-17-2016, 12:45 PM)Spreadsheet Ranger Wrote: Is there a list of all the allowed ETF's in the TFSA?

I'd like to take the weekend and do some research in order to buy next week Friday.

1. Login to EasyEquities/[whatever platform you use]
2. Switch to TFSA account
3. Invest -> Companies 

?

Ashburton Inflation ETF (ASHINF)
Ashburton Mid Cap ETF (ASHMID)
Ashburton Top 40 ETF (ASHT40)
Coreshares Divtrax ETF (DIVTRX)
CoreShares Green ETF (CGREEN)
Coreshares LowVol Trax ETF (LVLTRX)
Coreshares Preftrax ETF (PREFTX)
Coreshares Proptrax Sapy ETF (PTXSPY)
Coreshares Proptrax Ten ETF (PTXTEN)
CoreShares Top 40 Equally Weighted ETF (CSEW40)
Coreshares Top50 ETF (CTOP50)
DB X-Trackers Col in Japan ETF (DBXJP)
DB X-Trackers Col in USA EF (DBXUS)
DB X-Trackers Col in WLD ETF (DBXWD)
DB X-Trackers DJ Euro Stoxx 50 ETF (DBXEU)
Db X-Trackers FTSE 100 ETF (DBXUK)
Erafi Overall SA Index ETF (RAFISA)
Erafi SA Financial 15 Idx ETF (RAFFIN)
Erafi SA Industrial 25 Idx ETF (RAFIND)
Erafi SA Resource 20 Idx ETF (RAFRES)
Mapps Protect (MAPPSP)
Newfunds Equity Momentum ETF (NFEMOM)
Newfunds Govi ETF (NFGOVI)
Newfunds Ilbi ETF (NFILBI)
Newfunds Mapps Growth ETF (MAPPSG)
Newfunds NewSA Index ETF (NEWFSA)
NewFunds S&P GIVI SA Financial 15 Index (GIVFIN)
NewFunds S&P GIVI SA Industrial 25 Index (GIVIND)
NewFunds S&P GIVI SA Resource 15 Index (GIVRES)
NewFunds S&P GIVI SA Top 50 Index (GIVISA)
Newfunds Shariah To40 ETF (NFSH40)
Newfunds Swix 40 ETF (NFSWIX)
Newfunds TRACI 3 Month ETF (NFTRCI)
Satrix Divi Plus (STXDIV)
Satrix Fini (STXFIN)
Satrix Indi (STXIND)
Satrix Rafi 40 (STXRAF)
Satrix Resi (STXRES)
Satrix Swix 40 (STXSWX)
Satrix Top 40 (STX40)
Stanlib SA Property ETF (STPROP)
Stanlib Swix40 ETF (STANSX)
Stanlib Top40 ETF (STAN40)

EDIT:  Tongue

I love you!

If this month goes as plans without any unexpected expenses in the comming 8 days then I'll be able to put my first 6K into the TFSA I am do excited.

Definitely going to go MAPPSG and DBXWD this year. 15 in each if all goes well.

No DIVTRX then?

Well, I envy you only starting now. Fscking market is killing my TFSA Sad

(06-20-2016, 09:07 PM)Hamster Wrote: No DIVTRX then?

Well, I envy you only starting now. Fscking market is killing my TFSA Sad
With my luck the market will continue to kill me hehehe.

I want to get DIVTRX after seeing the underlying companies.

Right now whilst it's "low" I would like to max out my TFSA with DBXWD and MAPPSG then next year I want to do DIVTRX and a mid cap.

I am still working it all out I was aiming to have around 10 ETFs with 15k in each and then repeat upping the holding equally in each until I reach the 500k mark in a few years time.

That would be most ideal good diversity and then keep it for retirement.

The problem is I want to save/invest to get enough money to buy a house. I'm renting at the moment and that 6K a month I never see again if much rather pay 6k towards a bond and then I get to keep the property, the problem thou is i have zero clue how to go about buying or saving to buy a house.

So thorough investments I want to save up as close to a million as possible as I assume the larger my deposit the less my monthly payment?

With regards to the house - make double sure that's what you want. My gf is struggling to sell hers as it is. All that money in that "investment"...and it is stuck.

Personally, never owned one either and not planning to in the near future (if ever). My rent is at R8500 pm but no property tax, levies, maintenance costs or interest to pay because of a massive loan.

Would be interested if someone can make a thread with Buying a house vs Renting.

As I am also looking into buying buying a place, because renting is starting to feel like I am making someone else rich with my hard earned cash.

(06-21-2016, 02:28 PM)Outlook Wrote: Would be interested if someone can make a thread with Buying a house vs Renting.

As I am also looking into buying buying a place, because renting is starting to feel like I am making someone else rich with my hard earned cash.

But you're not paying interest on a loan and can move whenver you want.

I didn't read through all of it, might be useful: http://www.moneyweb.co.za/investing/prop...-exposure/

(06-21-2016, 03:08 PM)Hamster Wrote: But you're not paying interest on a loan and can move whenver you want.

I didn't read through all of it, might be useful: http://www.moneyweb.co.za/investing/prop...-exposure/

Holy shiaat, 4 properties at 28 years old?
R100 000 in satrix and R50 000 in his TFSA and more in a regular 7% savings account???
that's over R2 million in assets. And he's younger than me. shiaat.
Wonder if this person actually exists? "Pinch of salt needed"

(06-21-2016, 03:25 PM)dieWerner Wrote:
(06-21-2016, 03:08 PM)Hamster Wrote: But you're not paying interest on a loan and can move whenver you want.

Holy shiaat, 4 properties at 28 years old?
R100 000 in satrix and R50 000 in his TFSA and more in a regular 7% savings account???
that's over R2 million in assets. And he's younger than me. shiaat.
Wonder if this person actually exists? "Pinch of salt needed"

Yes, but he is R1,710,000 in debt (some of it at 13.5% with interest rates potentially rising). His monthly expenses will be pretty high too (4x levies, tax, insurance etc).

If he is real he must be coining it at his age just to keep up.

Holy Hell!

Well I am younger than him so that is my new goal! I want to write a question to moneyweb with that sort of numbers.