× Fact! Joining this forum will make you a happier person! - Register for FREE

Your TFIA/TFSA
So we're in our second year of Tax Free Savings/Investment Accounts being available. Would be interested to know what everyone is doing with theirs: their holdings/savings, strategy etc.

I use Easy Equities, might switch to ABSA come November.

Made up of:
DBXWD (33.3%) - offshore and Rand hedge
STXIND (33.3%) - local and offshore, historically good growth and some dividends
DIVTRX (33.3%) - dividend focussed and showing great growth. Also gives me exposure to equities not in STXIND so more diverse.

I try to allocate my R30k as soon as possible instead of R2500 pm. As far as growth goes ...I made some silly mistakes (sold at a lost, missed out on recovery) but recently recovered. I now sit at a nice and round 0% growth Big Grin Sad

Sent from my LG-V490 using Tapatalk

Haven't started with mine yet...

I am going to focus on mine this year, from this month onwards. Damn you MTN, Taste, KAP, Sygnia and Santova.

With that said I see Simon Brown hinting a lot in his webinars for the TFSA that may increase close to R100K from R30K and that they might be accepting regulation 28 unit trusts and certain single shares.
Register on Platinum Wealth (My referral link)

The TFSA that you get when registering with EasyEquities doesn't look to bad. I like the idea and there is no minimal amount you have to put in every month as with other TFSA's.

Think I'm going to use them. Any suggestions why not?

https://www.easyequities.co.za/About/TaxFreeInvesting

Would have liked to know before I invest what their return will be more or less...but I don't see it on the website.

(06-08-2016, 11:20 AM)padjakkels Wrote: The TFSA that you get when registering with EasyEquities doesn't look to bad. I like the idea and there is no minimal amount you have to put in every month as with other TFSA's.

Would have liked to know before I invest what their return will be more or less...but I don't see it on the website.

The TFSA from EasyEquities is brilliant. As for the return that will depends, it's actually a TFIA (Investment) so you can invest in ETF's tax free.

(06-08-2016, 11:20 AM)padjakkels Wrote: The TFSA that you get when registering with EasyEquities doesn't look to bad. I like the idea and there is no minimal amount you have to put in every month as with other TFSA's.

TFIA's to me is an option between EasyEquities and ABSA. If memory serves ABSA's is cheaper if trades are more than R10k.

EasyEquities have the benefit of fractional shares which means almost all the funds in the account can be invested whereas ABSA only trades in full shares meaning some money is always left over after a trade. It is minimal but could make a difference.

You can't really go wrong with either of them. Easier to open an account on EE though.

Thanks

Sent from my SM-A700F using Tapatalk

I need to pay serious attention on how I need to go about this regarding the combination of ETFs

I thought about DIVTRX, but I'm not sure I dont see the benefit in dividends unless you have 200k + invested in that dividend share/ETF

So what I want to focus on in my TFSA is capital growth. Aggressive capital growth.

(06-08-2016, 09:25 PM)Spreadsheet Ranger Wrote: [...]So what I want to focus on in my TFSA is capital growth. Aggressive capital growth.[...]

Any promising ideas for that aggressive growth?

Right now I have what I thought would be a high risk, but with high growth portfolio, but its not growing as I had hoped.

Looking to change things up as I said in the other thread, looking for something to do with gold...
Any ideas???

Currently:
1. Satrix FINI (15%)
2. Satrix INDI (20%)
3. Ashburton MidCap (10%)
4. DBX World (25%)
5. DivTrax (15%)
6. PTXTEN (15%)

(06-13-2016, 11:33 AM)dieWerner Wrote:
(06-08-2016, 09:25 PM)Spreadsheet Ranger Wrote: [...]So what I want to focus on in my TFSA is capital growth. Aggressive capital growth.[...]

Right now I have what I thought would be a high risk, but with high growth portfolio, but its not growing as I had hoped.

Looking to change things up as I said in the other thread, looking for something to do with gold...
Any ideas???

Currently:
1. Satrix FINI (15%)
2. Satrix INDI (20%)
4. DBX World (25%)
5. DivTrax (15%)
6. PTXTEN (15%)

I am not a big fan of Dividend stocks since you need 100's of thousands of rands before it reaps any reward since dividend ETF's themselves barley grow they go horizontal at best.

As for my current thought that I want to start at the end of this month is the following:

JSE : MAPPSG (40%)
JSE : DBXWD (15%)
JSE : PTXTEN (15%)
JSE : STXINDI (15%)
Cash (15%) in the account accumulating for when the new EFTs gets released then I will buy some of them.

(06-13-2016, 11:40 AM)Spreadsheet Ranger Wrote:

Any ideas???

Currently:
1. Satrix FINI (15%)
2. Satrix INDI (20%)
4. DBX World (25%)
5. DivTrax (15%)
6. PTXTEN (15%)

I am not a big fan of Dividend stocks since you need 100's of thousands of rands before it reaps any reward since dividend ETF's themselves barley grow they go horizontal at best.

As for my current thought that I want to start at the end of this month is the following:

Cash (15%) in the account accumulating for when the new EFTs gets released then I will buy some of them.

Not a fan of dividends, buys property...

Any ideas???

Currently:
1. Satrix FINI (15%)
2. Satrix INDI (20%)
4. DBX World (25%)
5. DivTrax (15%)
6. PTXTEN (15%)

For aggressive growth I'd go with STXIND and DBXWD. I'd heavily go for STXIND because of Naspers (dangerous though). I combined those with some DIVTRX as well because even though it is geared for dividends there are some good stocks in there and it is growing pretty well atm.

(06-13-2016, 11:45 AM)Hamster Wrote:
(06-13-2016, 11:40 AM)Spreadsheet Ranger Wrote:

Any ideas???

Currently:
1. Satrix FINI (15%)
2. Satrix INDI (20%)
4. DBX World (25%)
5. DivTrax (15%)
6. PTXTEN (15%)

Not a fan of dividends, buys property...

For the growth. People need a place to live.

Any specific reason to put so much faith in MAPPSG? Know something we don't?

Bloomberg shows they have 7.33% growth , year to date, which isn't bad