× Fact! Joining this forum will make you a happier person! - Register for FREE

Poll: Do you think South Africa will be downgraded tonight?
Yes
40.00%
No
60.00%
* You voted for this item.
This poll is closed.Show Results

Will we survive the junk rating?
Ratings agency Fitch has downgraded South Africa's investment grade to #Junk

Well now that we are officially junk i suppose the question we need to ask is how long will we remain junk? 

I would presume that any investing would need to be done with a 5 to 10 year junk status consideration?

(04-08-2017, 10:22 AM)Fiddle Wrote: Well now that we are officially junk i suppose the question we need to ask is how long will we remain junk? 

I would presume that any investing would need to be done with a 5 to 10 year junk status consideration?

Such a sad state of affairs now. On the one side we want to believe this will not be the case with us, we are unique etc. However, reality is we are in for a tough 7 years to come imo.

You can't do anything to change the government. Other than emigrating you can try capitalize on junk status. Bitcoin investing is one strategy as is Rand/$ plays on the JSE.

With or without junk the R will get oversold just as surely as it will get overbought. At these extremes R/$ JSE plays can be profitable.

One strategy my team uses you can see here http://www.sharenet.co.za/views/SA-TOP40...59bdde4789

Sent from my iPhone using the Platinum Wealth mobile app