× Fact! Joining this forum will make you a happier person! - Register for FREE

Why must Gauteng pay e-tolls if Capetonians spared?
Cape Town - Gauteng residents might very well ask why they have to pay e-tolls, while residents in the Western Cape have escaped the same fate, says Pieter Conradie of law firm Cliffe Dekker Hofmeyr.

"Given the latest judgment in the Supreme Court of Appeal in the matter of the SA National Roads Agency (Sanral) versus the City of Cape Town, Capetonians do not have to pay toll tariffs," said Conradie.

In contrast, Gauteng residents have had to pay e-tolls since a 2013 judgment by the same court. 

"There were two judgments in the same court, but with two different results. Why? In both cases, the applicants had to apply for condonation for the late filing of their applications. Yet the one, the City of Cape Town, was successful in its condonation application whereas the Organisation Undoing Tax Abuse (Outa) did not succeed. This is despite the finding, in both cases, that the delay in bringing the court cases was unreasonable," explained Conradie.

Read full article - http://www.fin24.com/Economy/why-must-ga...d-20160929
Register on Platinum Wealth (My referral link)

How about if I stay in gauteng but pretend I stay in cape town.. then i'll have money for my investments

Sent from my HUAWEI GRA-L09 using Tapatalk