× Fact! Joining this forum will make you a happier person! - Register for FREE

What was your first investment?
Just noticed on the live chat, that the first share I owned was Trustco, bought on EasyEquities weeks after they opened.

What was your first share/investment and what was the platform?
Register on Platinum Wealth (My referral link)

I started out with FNB's Share Saver (Top40 + MidCap) when they announced it. I think the first single share I owned was SAB Miller.... Technical analysis at the time showed that it was a major contributor to good times :p

I bought shoprite back in 2011 using PSG's platform still a great platform in regards to the information and research material that was available.

I have sinced moved over to EasyEquities all the research and knowledge I get here and then all I need is a cheap way to execute it.

(09-18-2017, 08:06 PM)Outlook Wrote: I have sinced moved over to EasyEquities all the research and knowledge I get here and then all I need is a cheap way to execute it.

Well, thank you very much for the compliment.
Forum Admin | Platinum Wealth
Tips
ETH 0x6c793ae7749acd19c8b4a77aa72d01cd0263f137 BTC 1GeXS8t5KtYvyMAf5hhwtdxM9Ba9EWQqMz

My first was Growthpoint.... property and blue chips core of my portfolio... lost to much on the small caps and resources

Sent from my F3311 using Platinum Wealth mobile app

Woolies at R13.70
Famous Brands at R15.95
and a year later Mr Price at R25.06

Opened my first share account in the UK - +-15 years ago. Bought OML, SAB and one or two others. One, was a penny stock, oil exploration company JKX which featured in some stock picking column. BTW could not remember the name so had to go look it up - have no clue how many I bought - think the whole account was worth 2000 pounds with 4-5 shares, so no mre than 500 pounds worth anyway. I bought it under 15 pence. About 6 months later we bought a house in SA and I had to sell my shares as we needed the cash - lost a little bit overall. But we bought the house, but still had to stay in the UK for another year saving cash. I remember though, when we left seeing an article in a newspaper at the airport about JKX and it's shares price which was over pound. Gutted.

Looking at the share price, it kept shooting up to around 4 pounds after 3 years - pretty impressive. Actually hit 5 pound a few years after that, just before 2008. Obviously, would have done very well with the SAB shares as well.

BTW - my best investment though, was actually the house. Bought in a tiny WC village for R288 000 cash, sold 3 years later for R1.6 mil!

My first investment I ever made was Taste holdings, with easy equities. I entered at R5 per share and the current share price is R0.84. It was my biggest investment error as well.

(11-08-2017, 10:15 AM)Byron Jason Wrote: My first investment I ever made was Taste holdings, with easy equities. I entered at R5 per share and the current share price is R0.84. It was my biggest investment error as well.

ditto! - it wasn't my first share, but it was my biggest investment mistake ever.
Register on Platinum Wealth (My referral link)

First investment was Pembury. Hurting @ the moment but hoping next year will be a winner for them.