What do you do to make extra income?
(02-27-2017, 10:34 PM)pratlou Wrote: Really insightful ideas. Been thinking for offering bookkeeping services to small businesses but i have challenge how i will market the service. Website or classified ad not  sure which will work.
Direct marketing will work best for this. Define who you want to target and go at them directly. Work on a document that sets you apart from others and communicate this to them. :-)
Entrepreneur with a marketing and sales background.

Register to invest via Easy Equities: http://bit.ly/2mDNXsT

I recently started doing freelance work using the Upwork website. Did 2 small projects for a US company. Worked well, except for when payment rolls around. I don't have an international bank account, making payment a bit more tedious, luckily they were willing to pay into my Paypal account, so the money is just sitting there for now. I think if you really give it a bash you can get quite a few projects on the website, seeing as you get rated by the clients as-well. Higher ratings = more jobs (i hope)

(03-09-2017, 12:38 PM)Sebulba Wrote: I recently started doing freelance work using the Upwork website. Did 2 small projects for a US company. Worked well, except for when payment rolls around. I don't have an international bank account, making payment a bit more tedious, luckily they were willing to pay into my Paypal account, so the money is just sitting there for now. I think if you really give it a bash you can get quite a few projects on the website, seeing as you get rated by the clients as-well. Higher ratings = more jobs (i hope)

Is this in a particular skill or general, the problem I find with these website is I often end up competing with a Indian kid who just want to put food on the table so he comes in at like $2 for a large job and then I just leave it.

I think a website like that aimed specifically for South Africans would be quite amazing as it will all be rand value.
Register on Platinum Wealth (My referral link)

(03-09-2017, 12:44 PM)Spreadsheet Ranger Wrote: Is this in a particular skill or general, the problem I find with these website is I often end up competing with a Indian kid who just want to put food on the table so he comes in at like $2 for a large job and then I just leave it.

I think a website like that aimed specifically for South Africans would be quite amazing as it will all be rand value.

Particular skill I suppose. I try to target US companies, as I know they don't really make use of quantity surveyors, thus making my proposal a niche one to building contractors. I mostly compete with Australian guys, but due to the exchange rate i am mostly able to undercut them. A few US dollars gets me a lot further than it would a Aussie.

(03-09-2017, 02:21 PM)Sebulba Wrote: Particular skill I suppose. I try to target US companies, as I know they don't really make use of quantity surveyors, thus making my proposal a niche one to building contractors. I mostly compete with Australian guys, but due to the exchange rate i am mostly able to undercut them. A few US dollars gets me a lot further than it would a Aussie.

Ahhh yea that would work! People myself included tend to forget the online world does contain only developers and content writers, but also have other real world skills like building a server room's building.  Big Grin

Oh. Yes haha Outlook is spot on. I also go straight to dev or content or graphic design when I hear freelancer or upwork etc.

I like this idea, I wonder how profitable they really are: http://veldmuis.co.za/services/

So they basically distribute 5000 of these little booklets (http://veldmuis.co.za/editions/) every friday for free, asking for companies to advertise in the booklets. 

I like this idea, I wonder what printing 5000 8 page booklets costs?

Need someone to fix my wordpress site http://www.brosengraving.co.za

The design company that did the site has gone under and the site hasn't been maintained since then.

Probably need some updates installed and security features needs some beefing up since we've had some hacking attempts and think one might have gotten access.

I'm currently trying to prevent further access, which is kinda difficult considering I have no idea how this stuff works :p

Drop me a PM

(03-28-2017, 04:28 PM)Purply Wrote: Need someone to fix my wordpress site http://www.brosengraving.co.za

The design company that did the site has gone under and the site hasn't been maintained since then.

Probably need some updates installed and security features needs some beefing up since we've had some hacking attempts and think one might have gotten access.

I'm currently trying to prevent further access, which is kinda difficult considering I have no idea how this stuff works :p

Drop me a PM

Seems you got sorted, yay forum power.

Yup, thanks to PW Smile

Saw a thread on mybb about a guy looking for microjobs... We could not find a platform for that in SA, might be a idea to create...

(03-01-2017, 08:37 AM)Dancshares Wrote: Direct marketing will work best for this. Define who you want to target and go at them directly. Work on a document that sets you apart from others and communicate this to them. :-)

Definitely will look into it.

Sent from my A1013R using Tapatalk
Blush Blush Proud Feminist and Oh I forgot Mama's Boy

(03-01-2017, 08:08 AM)LentilSoup Wrote: This might work quite well, considering this is a skilled service not anyone can do it so the barrier to entry which you already meet might be able to make your competition a lot less.
Noted.
Blush Blush Proud Feminist and Oh I forgot Mama's Boy

Become an independent broker only matric needed but it's mainly sales you could do that in your free time

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

(04-27-2017, 10:29 AM)Raeesdawood Wrote: Become an independent broker only matric needed but it's mainly sales you could do that in your free time

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

What are the fees/training/qualification costs involved? I know you said matric is all that is needed, but is that really all? I wanted to sell houses on weekends since all I need to do is sign the contract and get my commission, but there's a lot of qualifications you need first.