× Fact! Joining this forum will make you a happier person! - Register for FREE

Value of spesific share on a specific date
Where would one find the value of  a share (at closing) on a specific date?

Is there a website available with this information?

Past date or live pricing on the day.

Live pricing will costs you money around 67 bucks.

Historic pricing on a specific time will be Google finance then fine tuning the chart.

That's what I think?
Register on Platinum Wealth (My referral link)

Past day ... on that day.

How would you 'fine tune' the chart?

By entering the date and look Wat the price was at closing.

Im on the phone currently let me see of I can make a example now now on the pc with what I mean and see of that can work.

Okay, I actually got the info from google finance under history.

But now I want to know why is the opening of the following day different from the closing from the previous day? Its not always so, but there are a few occasions....

Image(s)
JSE Finance Forum Attachment - Filename: 2016-06-29 09_59_27-Satrix INDI Portfolio_ JSE_STXIND historical prices - Google Finance.png   

That is a good question, I might be wrong here, but ek verbeel my there is a "special" auction sometimes before the market opens? Might be wrong.

Mmmm...thats interesting. And sounds unfair in a way also.

Sent from my SM-A700F using Tapatalk

From investopedia.com

Why don't stocks begin trading at the previous day's closing price?

Most stock exchanges work according to the forces of supply and demand, which determine the prices at which stocks are bought and sold. What this means is that no trade can occur until one participant is willing to sell the stock at a price at which another is willing to buy it, or until an equilibrium is reached. If there are more buyers than sellers, the stock's price will rise due to increased demand. On the other hand, if more people are selling a stock, its price will decrease.

During a regular trading day, the balance between supply and demand fluctuates as the attractiveness of the stock's price increases and decreases. These fluctuations are also why closing and opening prices are not always identical. In the hours between the closing bell and the following day's opening bell, a number of factors can affect the attractiveness of a particular stock.

For example, good news such as a positive earnings announcement may be issued, increasing a stock's demand and raising the price from the previous day's close. Conversely, bad news can negatively affect price with less demand for the shares. Along with good and bad news, the development of after hours trading (AHT) also has a major effect on the price of the stock between closing and opening bells. AHT used to be restricted to institutional investors and high net worth individuals; however, with the development of electronic communication networks (ECNs) AHT is now available to average investors. With wider spreads and liquidity than what is seen during the day, AHT creates greater volatility in a stock's price.

Read more: Why don't stocks begin trading at the previous day's closing price? | Investopedia http://www.investopedia.com/ask/answers/...z4CyxrtuaB

Thanks! Thats interesting! Didn't know that.

Sent from my SM-A700F using Tapatalk

Neither did I (: Smile

Nice read, thanks for sharing Smile

Served by a Droid

Thanks for sharing. We learn new things everyday.
Blush Blush Proud Feminist and Oh I forgot Mama's Boy