The Wonderful World of Cement
What is the cement outlook in SA?

PPC is trading at a level that makes me reach for me Black jack n' rum. I am not to familiar with the cement industry and might be hangin' me self by the Hempen halter.

Dangote in Nigeria might swoop in, I don't know.

If you aren’t thinking about owning a stock for 10 years, don’t even think about owning it for 10 minutes.

I'm also looking at throwing some spare cash into the cement pit, but i think it should be cash once is willing to part with should the brown stuff hit.

My argument is haters gonna hate, buildings gonna be building. And to build you need iron and you need cement.
If you aren’t thinking about owning a stock for 10 years, don’t even think about owning it for 10 minutes.

What is that massive new development they are planning to build outside of Cape Town? Surely that will spur a bit of interest and demand in the market? I am also looking at PPC.
Buy altcoins with bitcoins here Changelly

I haven't been following PPC for that long, but from what I've read they have been investing heavily into Africa, with around 6 - 8 new ventures coming online in the near future.

At least that's how I understood it all, for this reason I have dumped a lump sum into them. Will hopefully grow into a nice little nest egg in the next 5 years or so.

Hmmm I wonder how low this share can go, already thought its at an all time low 5 days ago, but it just keeps dropping more and more.

I am also watching this share. I have google alerts set up the works.

PPC interim results 31 March 2016 released 14 June 2016

Revenue for the interim period dropped by 1% to R4.501 billion (2015: R4.541 billion). Gross profit was 7% lower at R1.2 billion (2015: R1.3 billion). Operating profit decreased by 3% to R733 million (2015: R756 million). Profit for the period attributable to shareholders of PPC Ltd. rose by 35% to R369 million (2015: R274 million). Furthermore, headline earnings per share were recorded at 53 cents per share (2015: 60 cents per share).

Strategy
In the short to medium term PPCÆs focus is on consolidating current expansion projects and operational efficiency initiatives introduced in the past 18 months, stabilising the company and ensuring it is able to deliver on its strategic priorities.

The group has made changes to its operating structure to ensure that it has the appropriate business model to deliver on its long-term growth strategy. Two key changes include the establishment of the materials business division, noted earlier, and a new commercial function. The materials business division is focused on expanding PPCÆs product range and service offering in aggregates, readymix, fly ash, lime and related businesses. Progress to date includes the imminent acquisition of 3Q Mahuma Concrete, the largest independently owned readymix concrete supplier in southern Africa. The new commercial function is intended to create and entrench an increased commercial perspective to facilitate PPCÆs aim to become a world-class provider of materials and solutions. A dedicated project management office now operates from this division to ensure the company realises its aspirations.

The Board approved a corporate restructure to streamline and optimise the South African and foreign operations, effective 1 April 2016. As a consequence, the legal structures and management accountability are fully aligned and Project Omega is now substantially complete.

PPCÆs 2008 broad-based black economic empowerment transaction (B-BBEE 1) matures in December 2016, however discussions to accelerate the unwind of B-BBEE 1 continues. Under the revised Department of Trade and IndustryÆs broad-based black economic empowerment codes of good practice, PPC was rerated from a level 2 contributor to level 8 in December 2015. We had anticipated this outcome and management plans to improve our B-BBEE score to level 4 over the next three years. This rating will enable our customers to claim back 100% of their spending with our group for their own preferential procurement points. To reach level 4, the company will focus on improving the score in the categories of management control, skills development, and enterprise and supplier development.

@780 cents ... I want to take a plunge and buy.

Well I bought 512 shares. Lets hope. Smile

I will sell on 10% profit. Since in hindsight this is not a share I want to be in anymore, I might have made a mistake, lets wait and see. 780 cents was my buy price

(06-23-2016, 08:58 AM)Spreadsheet Ranger Wrote: I will sell on 10% profit. Since in hindsight this is not a share I want to be in anymore, I might have made a mistake, lets wait and see. 780 cents was my buy price

Sold mine just now: 14% profit! score!

Image(s)
JSE Finance Forum Attachment - Filename: ppc.JPG    JSE Finance Forum Attachment - Filename: ppc 2.JPG   

Ahhh nice man!!!!!!!!!!

Those that have not bought yet. Might be to late now.

PPC, South Africa’s largest publicly traded cement maker, said it received R4 billion ($263 million) of bank guarantees to underwrite the sale of shares to existing investors, adding to facilities it received last week to redeem bonds.

A group of lenders including Standard Bank Group, Nedbank Group, FirstRand’s Rand Merchant Bank and Barclays Plc’s Absa will lead the rights-offer process and provide the standby underwriting commitment, Johannesburg-based PPC said in a statement on Monday. Standard Bank was appointed as sole global coordinator.

The agreement comes after PPC on Friday announced that it obtained R2 billion of guarantees from Absa, FirstRand and Standard Bank to back the early redemption of bonds. PPC is being forced to raise funds after S&P Global Ratings cut its credit rating to junk amid rising debt due to investment in new African projects, combined with a difficult trading environment in its home market.

“The execution of the irrevocable and unconditional guarantee in favour of noteholders as well as the signing of the standby underwriting agreement are two major milestones,” chief executive officer Darryll Castle said in the statement. “These pave the way for the company to resolve its capital structure issues effectively, and focus its efforts on implementing its strategy going forward.”

PPC shares gained 5.5% to R7.93 as of 9:07am in Johannesburg, following three days of losses. The stock has almost halved in 2016, the worst performer on the FTSE/JSE Africa All-Share Index.

Saw PPC got downgraded to junk over night.