× Fact! Joining this forum will make you a happier person! - Register for FREE

The Van Breda murder trial
It feels like this trial is going downhill quickly as most parties involved just want it over and done with as quickly as possible, regardless of the outcome or what shortcuts they take in order to get there.

Did the media coverage get axed in the end?

(11-29-2017, 12:25 PM)Purply Wrote: It feels like this trial is going downhill quickly as most parties involved just want it over and done with as quickly as possible, regardless of the outcome or what shortcuts they take in order to get there.

I must say, I'm not thrilled with the parties wanting to rush it. But at this point in time what other factors can be brought in to alter the case?

(11-29-2017, 09:41 PM)SaurusDNA Wrote: Did the media coverage get axed in the end?

Did News24 cut off? They were there until the end...

(11-29-2017, 09:41 PM)SaurusDNA Wrote: Did the media coverage get axed in the end?

Also a devilish pun. It's great.

All that did happen today in court is Dr Butler on the stand for the third day. He didn't add any information to what has already been said.
Desai specifically pointed out that in both instances of the known seizures, Henri was busy discussing the case.
Dr Butler said that the stress caused by the case could certainly trigger his seizure.
Advocate Botha then asked that the case be stood down to speak to their other (final) witness. Desai granted this adjournment. And the case is now dormant until the 12th of February 2018. Desai wished the media and the public and the "dedicated supporters" a safe festive season.

Just wow, I really thought they would end before 2017 *sad panda*

(11-30-2017, 01:08 PM)Purply Wrote: Just wow, I really thought they would end before 2017 *sad panda*

Having now gone to view a few cases thanks to this case, I saw that these proceedings take place at a snail's pace because the whole time witnesses need to be reviewed, mistakes are made by D.A'S or prosecutors and either the court is not available everyday or the witness is not available.
Having seen a judge blowup on a defence attorney because the case had to be stood down, made me see that it's not by choice that these things take so long. Unfortunately, every single detail needs to be inspected and it can get tedious but then again the details can make or break a case. The foundation needs to be laid well for the judge to make an informed decision.
So in the end rather let it take time - for justice to prevail. (if I may be naive that justice will be served.)

I get what you are saying, it's just disheartening that he will be allowed to enjoy another Xmas as a free man.

Who knows what concoctions they will come up during this time before the trial starts again trying to sway the Judge that he is indeed innocent.

(11-30-2017, 05:05 PM)Purply Wrote: I get what you are saying, it's just disheartening that he will be allowed to enjoy another Xmas as a free man.

Who knows what concoctions they will come up during this time before the trial starts again trying to sway the Judge that he is indeed innocent.

There is not much more to be said. The seizure was about as big as it could go.
As far as I know it's only the psychologist to testify on Henri's demeanor on the phone call that is left. And we all know they will just say it's normal behavior in that situation.