× Fact! Joining this forum will make you a happier person! - Register for FREE

The Gold thread
Gimme that old time religion:

JSE Finance Forum Attachment - Filename: 2016-06-09_16-14-37.jpg   

I thought it be a good idea to have a thread dedicated to the gold price and general gold trading/investing.
If you aren’t thinking about owning a stock for 10 years, don’t even think about owning it for 10 minutes.

Because you a pirate?

Sent from my SM-A700F using Tapatalk

Ay! Maity
If you aren’t thinking about owning a stock for 10 years, don’t even think about owning it for 10 minutes.

Gold spiking like it's nobodies business over the past 30 minutes.

Somebody clearly knows something I don't, as per usual Sad

Read somewhere that Brits have increased their spent on gold investing and physical buying the past month, just in case Brexit becomes real.

When the JSE is down over 1% I would expect gold to skyrocket.
Register on Platinum Wealth (My referral link)

Really stupid question...remember Im a noob! How do you invest in gold... do you have to buy shares in a mining company? Or can you buy 'gold' shares?

As a pirate I own some real gold, Keep it ssushhh.

As for me buckos, you can either buy the mines that make the treaaye or you can buy a ETN that tracks it example http://etfcib.absa.co.za/products/exchan...fault.aspx the NewGold Exchange Traded Fund

Alternatively you can start collecting Krugerrands, which you can purchase through companies like the South Africa Gold Coin Exchange (http://www.sagoldcoin.com).

You can buy smaller Krugerrands such as a 1/10 ounce coin, which would cost about R2400 now depending on the gold price at the time. ( http://www.scoinshop.com/en/shop/1-10oz-krugerrand/ )

That same coin was R900 in 2010 when I bought it.

Okay! Thanks for the info!

Aye for ye Doubloons!

(06-10-2016, 09:59 AM)PirateJack Wrote: Aye for ye Doubloons!

This made me think of Monkey Island Big Grin

(06-10-2016, 10:00 AM)Purply Wrote:
(06-10-2016, 09:59 AM)PirateJack Wrote: Aye for ye Doubloons!

This made me think of Monkey Island Big Grin
You are giving away our age! Lol

"I'm Guybrush Threepwood, mighty pirate..." Legendary games

(06-10-2016, 11:13 AM)Sebulba Wrote: "I'm Guybrush Threepwood, mighty pirate..." Legendary games

That it was Smile

What stocks do you guys buy for gold?

I see the suggestions are

JSE:HAR
JSE:SGL
JSE:CFI
Register on Platinum Wealth (My referral link)

I've traded in them all, including PAN, ANG and DRD

Mostly used HAR and SGL in the past, but have since moved onto DRD as I feel they have greater potential currently, especially with their March 2016 Q due today.

Btw it's GFI , not CFI