× Fact! Joining this forum will make you a happier person! - Register for FREE

Sygnia and the DBX ETFs
So the news broke on Moneyweb last week about how the DBX ETFs will be available on Sygnia (we do wish them a speedy recovery from the whiplash on that about-turn Big Grin ). It wasn't 100% clear from the article but I see Justonelap confirmed that Sygnia actually bought these ETFs.

1. Some of you can now stop worrying about Deutsche Bank going under and taking all your money with you

2. I wonder if they'll change the names: SYGWD, SYGUS etc

3. Let's hope Sygnia drops the cost of owning these ETFs and make them more affordable since some of them rank amongst the most expensive ETFs out there Smile

I am so sure we beat moneyweb to it in that live chat, someone dropped the SENS in there seconds after it was released Tongue

Back on topic, I am very curious to see what they will do with the fees.
Register on Platinum Wealth (My referral link)

Quote:“We would like to launch international bond and international listed property ETFs, as well as one that tracks our 4th Industrial Revolution Global Equity Fund,” Wierzycka says. “Then potentially we will start looking at the domestic market and might also launch some smart beta funds, for instance the Sygnia Skeleton funds wrapped in ETF structure.”

https://www.moneyweb.co.za/mymoney/money...etf-world/

Mmmmm - Seems the justonelap guys ain't no Sygnia fan https://justonelap.com/podcast-investing...led-times/

(04-10-2017, 08:27 AM)Spreadsheet Ranger Wrote: Mmmmm - Seems the justonelap guys ain't no Sygnia fan https://justonelap.com/podcast-investing...led-times/

Well, Sygnia probably realised there was a lot of money to made out of all these "idiots" buying ETF's over unit trusts. 

Who would turn down the opportunity to buy an established client base, i for one wont be selling off my x-trackers purely because Sygnia was against ETF's. That being said if they had brought a new ETF product to market i may have been a little more skeptical.

If anything the DBX ETFs are a "safer" bet now than ever before because if they fsck it up there will be major reputational damage.

Information 
https://www.moneyweb.co.za/mymoney/money...etf-world/

So just to make sure, we that currently own the DBxWD in EasyEquities and the likes.

What happens now in the next month or so when it changed to Itrix ETFs?

Should we take action on our end or is this still the same ETF just with a different brand/name?

Should just be a name change like when CoreShares took over the equally weighted top40 and rebranded it.

Either way, EasyEquities will probably let you know if you need to take action.

Only thing I can think off is dropping them in favour of SATRIX's ETFs

(07-13-2017, 05:20 PM)Hamster Wrote: Should just be a name change like when CoreShares took over the equally weighted top40 and rebranded it.

Either way, EasyEquities will probably let you know if you need to take action.

Only thing I can think off is dropping them in favour of SATRIX's ETFs

Blasphemous!

New Sygnia ETFs coming:

Sygnia Itrix MSCI Emerging Markets ETF
Sygnia Itrix Global Bond ETF
Sygnia Itrix Global Property ETF
Sygnia Itrix 4th Industrial Revolution Kensho ETF
Sygnia Itrix S&P 500 ETF
Sygnia Itrix Top 40 ETF
Sygnia Itrix SWIX 40 ETF
Sygnia Itrix All Bond ETF

They're all at very low cost (I'm assuming if you are using their platform) but you have to wonder what the point of another S&P500, top 40 and SWIX 40 ETF is.

To me it looks like they want you to use their platform and this will give you access to almost every type of ETF on there except for commodities and local property. OK, I'm sure there is more but considering those together with the DBX ones that was just bought over and you can build a decent portfolio with just these:

Itrix World (40%)
Itrix Emerging Markets (20%)
Itrix Global Property (10%)
Itrix SWIX (30%)

Factoring in costs, EasyEquities might have a real problem should Sygnia keep the actual transaction fees low enough. That said, CoreShares did the same on their investment platform but buying and selling is done in bulk and it takes about 5 days for the actual transaction to go through which is very frustrating. If Sygnia does the same and the transactions aren't instant I think I'll pass on their platform and stick to EE and ABSA.

Has this change happened?

When will the re-naming happen?