× Fact! Joining this forum will make you a happier person! - Register for FREE

Stock Watch Thread
(12-06-2017, 10:41 AM)SaurusDNA Wrote: I'm still waiting for it to be loaded on the TFSA...

It's there (on EE)
IQ Test

I added some of the SYGNIA ITRIX to my TFSA, see it's at 4.31%. Smile

How about this Steinhoff story, hectic what can happen in a day. Perhaps there can be some value buying in the near future...

https://www.moneyweb.co.za/news/companie...in-europe/

(12-06-2017, 02:03 PM)The Local Tourist Wrote: I added some of the SYGNIA ITRIX to my TFSA, see it's at 4.31%. Smile

Which one? They're all called ITRIX. I assume the new SYG4IR one?
IQ Test

(12-06-2017, 02:15 PM)Bandit Wrote: Which one? They're all called ITRIX. I assume the new SYG4IR one?

Oh yes, hahaha. Added the 4IR one.

Any of you buying Steinhoff International Holdings - surely this massive drop is just knee jerk

(12-07-2017, 11:44 AM)Noobly Wrote: Any of you buying Steinhoff International Holdings - surely this massive drop is just knee jerk

I just bought some Shoprite (22% drop) so kind of similar

(12-07-2017, 11:46 AM)SlimArchi Wrote: I just bought some Shoprite (22% drop) so kind of similar

Yeah, I don't understand Shoprite. What caused the massive drop?

Yesterday every single stock I had except for Clicks went bright red, but Shoprite seems to have been hit harder than anyone else.
I was going to buy my first Shoprite last month. So glad I didn't!

My regret of yesterday was that I cashed out most of my Bitcoin last month to buy Ethereum. Up 47% yesterday!
And Ethereum is struggling at the moment because most exchanges (inluding Luno's Ethereum) have collapsed because of the Ethereum CryptoKitties craze. Strange world we live in...

(12-07-2017, 01:07 PM)SaurusDNA Wrote: Yeah, I don't understand Shoprite. What caused the massive drop?

Yesterday every single stock I had except for Clicks went bright red, but Shoprite seems to have been hit harder than anyone else.
I was going to buy my first Shoprite last month. So glad I didn't!

My regret of yesterday was that I cashed out most of my Bitcoin last month to buy Ethereum. Up 47% yesterday!
And Ethereum is struggling at the moment because most exchanges (inluding Luno's Ethereum) have collapsed because of the Ethereum CryptoKitties craze. Strange world we live in...

Anything connected to Steinhoff in any way is getting hit. Hence Shoprite drop.
Entrepreneur with a marketing and sales background.

Register to invest via Easy Equities: http://bit.ly/2mDNXsT

Add to that I see EOH is down 40%

Wtf is happening.
Register on Platinum Wealth (My referral link)

EOH spun out of PG Bison IT, PG Bison part of KAP, KAP owned by Steinhoff.
Entrepreneur with a marketing and sales background.

Register to invest via Easy Equities: http://bit.ly/2mDNXsT

Is anyone considering buying Steinhoff at these prices?

Am I just being silly or is there merits to think that this is blown out of proportion and the market is just overreacting?

Anyone considering buying EOH considering share valued around R120 per share?

Why is the market punishing them so much? Not clear at all...

(12-08-2017, 09:10 AM)LentilSoup Wrote: Is anyone considering buying Steinhoff at these prices?

Am I just being silly or is there merits to think that this is blown out of proportion and the market is just overreacting?

Firstly, my portfolio is so in the red this year, I don't think I believe myself anymore...

That said - to me this looks like an over reaction. Looks like some creative accounting was used - could be even on the criminal side. Debt seems to be the issue -but as is, the business seems to me cash positive. So once everything get out in the open ( and they will clean house and declare everything!) - I expect a rights issue to clear some of the debt.. Personally, do not put this is the same group as Africa Bank which was run by idiots. These guys are smart but have way to much debt and need to restructure - like Super Group did. Personally - think it's worth taking a small, speculative position with the idea to hold at least a year. And if you have eyed STAR - obviously a good time to pick that up as well.

Don't buy Steinhoff. It's a major muckup. Just my opinion.