× Fact! Joining this forum will make you a happier person! - Register for FREE

Stock Watch Thread
IQ Test

BTW - have been using divi's to buy Lewis. Basically, if SA inc starts to move again retailers should start picking up. Lewis is well run (even if I would not be a customer) - on a low sub 10 P/E (around 8.5) - NAV is R60. They also not geared at all and have around 680mill in the bank - so no chance of going under. In the last couple of years they have increase their footprint by buying failing competitors. When times are good, they are big dividend payers.

Might be still some down side - but I am just adding as and when divi's arrive,

Yup, not very exciting, and will not shoot the lights out - but not that risky in my book, and in a a couple of years you could be seeing a very healthy dividend.

I think I'm going to look into Lewis, your the third person now that mentioned them basically in the sense that, safe boring company that should do well when the economy starts again.
Join the official JSE Discord Channel

Yesterday I got an email from Sygnia regarding their new 4th Industrial Revolution ETF IPO. They currently has this as a unit trust, but they are launching this as an ETF on 6th Dec. Last day to join in on the IPO is 30th Nov.

Did anybody else get any invites to this IPO through their stockbroker?? Normally Easy Equities sends me such invites, but I haven't received anything yet.

No invite yet but I'm seriously considering it
IQ Test

I see Magda Wierzycka is a member here on the forum. I have not received an IPO invite yet....should I send a pm to ask for one...

I've got my second RA through Sygnia, but my TFSA at EE.

I'm not sure which would be cheaper to invest through, but EE is always A LOT faster to process any funds deposited. Their marketing sheet states a TER of about 0.70% pa.

For those interested, i have attached the what they emailed me. I'm waiting for payday before i commit to anything. Any thoughts anyone?

(11-21-2017, 08:30 AM)LentilSoup Wrote: I see Magda Wierzycka is a member here on the forum. I have not received an IPO invite yet....should I send a pm to ask for one...

Good idea.

Does anyone have any contacts over at EE to ask if they'll be offering this? Might be good in your TFSA

Somehow it feels too little too late - https://www.iol.co.za/business-report/wa...s-12050569

Quote:Gonzaga said, "The coffee culture has grown here in the past few years and the Durban market is ready for the Starbucks experience".
Forum Admin | Platinum Wealth
ETH 0x023f29596Bf80c521C906f80ee305fADc3B1Be3C BTC 1GeXS8t5KtYvyMAf5hhwtdxM9Ba9EWQqMz

Wait until those behind-the-times Dubranites realise Starbucks isn't that great. Seatle Coffee FTFW!
IQ Test

JSE Finance Forum Attachment - Filename: Screenshot 2017-11-23 at 12.14.09 PM.png    I found it on EE

(11-23-2017, 12:17 PM)kjseq Wrote: I found it on EE

I'm definitely getting in on this.

Saw an interesting quote on another website about Grand Parade Investments

Quote:Other assets excluding Spur:The 15% stake in SunWest International, which operates the cash-spinning GrandWest casino in Cape Town, remains GPI’s largest investment. The value is estimated at R875m — equivalent to 199c/share.The combined values of all its gaming assets is more than 340c/share. GPI values its 91.1% stake in the 70-outlet Burger King at R660m (equivalent to about 150c/share) and the net cash holdings of R300m is worth 68c/share.Total value excluding Spur = 558 cents per share.
So, at current prices you are getting the cash generating gaming assets at a 20% discount and the rest of the assets for free! No wonder Hassan Adams and co. are loading up.

So my question, who here is investing in GPI?

(11-29-2017, 05:00 PM)phatphil Wrote: Saw an interesting quote on another website about Grand Parade Investments

So my question, who here is investing in GPI?

In the new year as DD expands to more locations, when I spoke to the Head of DD SA he said they have to open 300 DD`s with in 5-9 years

Any thoughts on Ellies?

It was one of my lucky stocks. I put quite a few K on Ellies when it was 0.14 per share and now it's 0.41 As a result, I'm heavily over-invested in Ellies percentage-wise, so I have a choice:
Option 1) I can sell my profits and buy into some of my under-invested stocks to balance my profile again before the January release of financials.
Option 2) I can keep me Ellies stocks until the January announcement of financials and risk losing it all or scoring big time.

Normally, I would naturally hold the stock and see, but at the moment, it makes up a large chunk of my portfolio due to my past luck with Ellies earlier this year.

So, any thoughts on Ellies' future?

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Color Skins

Change Color:

Background Patterns:

Background Images:

Main Options: