× Fact! Joining this forum will make you a happier person! - Register for FREE

Stock Watch Thread
Hi all.

What do you make of the AdaptIT's (JSE:ADI) results?

Aye' GOLD BUGS, Could this be the rally We've been waiting for my Comrades?? Kim is still playing with his missile toys, Trump's still a loud mouth, nonsense spewing twerp.

I'm just hoping this rally is real, I'm trying to flip these gold shares like patties .

(08-28-2017, 02:22 PM)ThinusM86 Wrote: Hi all.

What do you make of the AdaptIT's (JSE:ADI) results?

Not great compared to the last few years. So now have to decide is this the new 'normal' - or more a once off.?And if growth is going to be more subdued going forward, is it's current PE of 15 expensive?

Think I will wait for mid year results - but will be look for high teens HEPs growth - if not, might say goodbye.  

At the moment though, 15 pe for a small cap would be considered to be on the expensive side, so would not be surprised to see the share price slide a bit.

(08-29-2017, 05:54 AM)Groovy Wrote: Aye' GOLD BUGS, Could this be the rally We've been waiting for my Comrades?? Kim is still playing with his missile toys, Trump's still a loud mouth, nonsense spewing twerp.

I'm just hoping this rally is real, I'm trying to flip these gold shares like patties .

I got burned too many times trying to tackle the gold swings in my favor. sucks!

Any of you looking at Micromega MMG

I am thinking they might go to R14ish in the coming year?
Register on Platinum Wealth (My referral link)

have held MMG for a while - fundamentally looks very good (imo) market is just not taking notice at the moment. Does not look like it will drop further -range bound at the moment. My feeling is that it will eventually re rate higher, has to looking at heps growth (just hard to say when)- until then will collect the rather decent dividend. I expect that when it breaks out - say to around 1300 - it will rapidly move higher and the consolidate for a while.

(08-31-2017, 09:28 AM)MrDividend Wrote: have held MMG for a while - fundamentally looks very good (imo) market is just not taking notice at the moment. Does not look like it will drop further -range bound at the moment. My feeling is that it will eventually re rate higher, has to looking at heps growth (just hard to say when)- until then will collect the rather decent dividend. I expect that when it breaks out - say to  around 1300 - it will rapidly move higher and the consolidate for a while.

I like your thinking, I've been considering MMG for a while now. I think now is a good time to buy some.

(08-31-2017, 08:30 AM)Spreadsheet Ranger Wrote: I got burned too many times trying to tackle the gold swings in my favor. sucks!

Any of you looking at Micromega MMG

I am thinking they might go to R14ish in the coming year?

Tell me about it, i just don't learn, I've just broken even in my gold holdings, drd & Sibanye. Now instead of running, I'm not, I'm a sucker for pain .

(08-31-2017, 09:28 AM)MrDividend Wrote: have held MMG for a while - fundamentally looks very good (imo) market is just not taking notice at the moment. Does not look like it will drop further -range bound at the moment. My feeling is that it will eventually re rate higher, has to looking at heps growth (just hard to say when)- until then will collect the rather decent dividend. I expect that when it breaks out - say to  around 1300 - it will rapidly move higher and the consolidate for a while.

Are there any updates on the cautionary that they posted a while back ?

(09-01-2017, 07:52 AM)Miss Behavin Wrote: Are there any updates on the cautionary that they posted a while back ?

Not yet - must be fighting for a higher price... Smile

TORRE, TRUSTCO and MUSTEK really hurting me today!

Only 4 of the 16 stocks held are up today biggest hits Capitec and shoprite. Market does not like the SNH restructuring with shoprite, anyone have insight into that?

African Rainbow Capital Investments (ARC) lists today.

ARC Investments

ARC Investments said in August that it would offer R4bn shares in an initial public offer that would give the company a market value of around R8,5bn. An interest of approximately 25% will be sold to three key investors - GIC in Singapore, the Public Investment Corporation (EMC) and Sanlam Private Wealth.

ARC says in a statement the additional shares it is currently issuing will increase the "gross yield of R1,9bn to R2,2bn".

In addition to the importance in Elandsfontein, its nine other largest investments are based on the percentage of the intrinsic value it represents:
  • Rain: A 20% stake in this broadband provider providing fast internet connections. It represents 31% of its portfolio.
  • Afrimat: An interest of 18,4% in the listed construction company. It represents 12% of its portfolio.
  • EOH: An interest of 1,7% in the listed information technology group. It represents 6% of its portfolio.
  • Alexander Forbes: An interest of 4.9%.
  • BKB: An interest of 20% in the agricultural company.
  • Acorn Agri: An interest of 15% in the agricultural company.
  • Afrigem Payprop: An interest of 46,4% in the information technology group.
  • Val de Vie Investments: An interest of 20% in the property developer.
  • Human states: An interest of 10% in the information technology company.

Curro being harshly punished. My worst performing share...

Might have to sell out of COH - if penciled in EPS is around 55c - but even pushing the boat out and say 65c - and then say a P/E of 40 is fair - then a price of around R26 would be fair. Eish. There should be some support at R28.

An idea might be to switch from COH to PSG for a bit, but then ease back into COH from 28 - 23.

And/or move a bit to the more reasonably priced advtech - but even there HEPS only increased 6% in last TA - is that worth a pe of around 23 (penciling in EPS of 75c). Must be said though, it usually grows at 20% plus - so might be some one off issues. Then pe of 23 IS worth it.

Point is COH could re rate BADLY

Thanks. Have ADH which is in the green. Digesting the COH comment..