× Fact! Joining this forum will make you a happier person! - Register for FREE

Stock Watch Thread
(05-31-2017, 02:27 PM)Purply Wrote: I hear you, very tempted just to sell my last bits of JSE [email protected] and moving it all into crypto

That is the FOMO speaking. Contain it! Diversify. Nothing wrong with crypto, but do not go 100% net into it.
Register on Platinum Wealth (My referral link)

Personally, i think even 10% in crypto is pushing it - but anything over would be nuts. I've got 2%. I settled on that because my portfolio has bounce on a good/bad day by that amount and it doesn't bother me.

I just wish AXL gives me a reason to stay.

I want it to hit R1 wasn't there supposed to be a trading update already?

(06-01-2017, 09:20 AM)Spreadsheet Ranger Wrote: I just wish AXL gives me a reason to stay.

I want it to hit R1 wasn't there supposed to be a trading update already?

Yeah Ranger, i waited the whole day yesterday for the update, but nothing came out. If they had "good news" they'd have released something already, but i don't know. I'm just hoping for the best

(06-01-2017, 12:15 PM)Groovy Wrote: Yeah Ranger, i waited the whole day yesterday for the update, but nothing came out. If they had "good news" they'd have released something already, but i don't know. I'm just  hoping for the best

I want to write them a strongly worded E-mail and then deliver it in person.

(06-01-2017, 12:34 PM)Spreadsheet Ranger Wrote: I want to write them a strongly worded E-mail and then deliver it in person.

This tickled me, why not send a fax by post? Wink

(06-01-2017, 12:34 PM)Spreadsheet Ranger Wrote: I want to write them a strongly worded E-mail and then deliver it in person.

hahaha, how on earth are you going to do that???? the delivering in person part?? hahaha . Chill Ranger chill

Lol, this ranger.

Dis mos altyd lekker -_- feeling annoyed.

JSE Finance Forum Attachment - Filename: 2017-06-05_11-42-36.jpg   

You should be buying right now. Rand at 12.71 to the Dollar.

I bought some dbxUS

Now please AXL let today be the day

I'm out here rooting for gold, with Clive Roffey.

Check out the JSE`s only Lithium stock TAWANA, looks like demand will be scaling up significantly imo

Tesla To Build 10–20 Gigafactories Around The World As It Scales Up

The 2017 Annual Tesla Shareholder’s Meeting on June 6th blew the lid off of new updates on Model 3, Model Y, and Tesla Semi, while also providing updates on more mundane business matters. One massive update was about the number of Gigafactories Tesla is planning around the world. CEO Elon Musk shared that it is planning for at least 10 Gigafactories, but could build as many as 20.

The variance in his estimate is based on how other manufacturers respond to the challenge Tesla has thrown down. Let’s wind the tape back for a minute. Elon noted in the past that the world would need approximately 100 Gigafactories to produce all of the energy storage and electric vehicles it would need. His announcement today that Tesla would build 10 Gigafactories implies that it will own 10% of the world’s future energy storage and electric vehicle capacity.

Assuming Tesla can sell its cars, the full manufacturing capacity of those Gigafactories will come straight out of the market share of existing automotive companies. If they do not respond to the inevitable shift of consumers to electric vehicles in time, Tesla will have more time to eat up their market share. That clearly includes the market share of BMW, Audi, Mercedes, and Lexus, among others. Tesla estimating that it will build 10 to 20 Gigafactories is a statement that Tesla believes it will have to build at least 10 Gigafactories at the current pace before other manufacturers catch up. If they respond slower, which seems to be the case with every automotive manufacturer today with the exception of perhaps Chevrolet and its Bolt, Tesla would have an even larger head start in the transition to electric vehicles and would be able to build more factories before there were enough competition to saturate the market.

Oh wow, I did not realize they are the only Lithium exposure we have! Why do I not have this in my portfolio.

Since we're officially in a recession now, what stock are on sale at the moment? 

Looking for quality businesses that are trading at a bit of a discount now.