Stock Watch Thread
What do you guys think of Bowler Metcalf at the current level?

Haven't looked at it for a couple of years.

latest SENS

for the six months ended
31 December 2016 is expected to be between 40 cents and 48 cents, being -190.1% and -208.1%
lower compared to earnings per share of 44.44 cents for the six months ended 31 December 2015.

Normally a decent dividend payer - but hasn't really grow earnings for a few years.

if you want them, looks like a good time to get in - looks like it's on support, but would probably have to part of your long term portfolio. For me, I think there are more exciting shares out there.

That is what I was thinking, looked like it might have been a good point to enter if I wanted to flip it. But as those sens pointed out that flipping might not happen very soon and over the longer period there's probably better stocks out there currently.

I am thinking of buying Sygnia Ltd JSE:SYG now. They are approaching their all-time low surely this is not a bad company and should bounce at these levels?

Thoughts?
Buy altcoins with bitcoins here Changelly

Isn't the idea to buy Sygnia products and not Sygnia itself?

I have some in my LTP.

Bit pricey p/e wise for a financial company at the moment - 23. At a guess, 15 or lower would be about average in the financial sector. Also not much of a track record to gauge where they are going - of course DB thing is interesting and they do talk the talk. I guess it's a unenthusiastic hold for me.

Anyone look at MMG?

Pretty much a services group - with some very nice niche services. nice divided, has had great growth and on a P/E under 8.

Have some in my LTP as well as some for a swing trade - I am hoping for a positive (maybe even very) TA in the next 2 weeks. If so, might kick it out it's current trading range.

At least have a few greens today. Naspers doing good, but as usual Bitcoin is fantastic. Think I should get rid of all these things going up and down by 0,5% and stick it in Bitcoin and Ether as well. :-)

Image(s)
JSE Finance Forum Attachment - Filename: Screen Shot 2017-05-09 at 14.00.06.png   

Quote:At least have a few greens today. Naspers doing good, but as usual Bitcoin is fantastic. Think I should get rid of all these things going up and down by 0,5% and stick it in Bitcoin and Ether as well. :-)

tell me about it.

I just cannot get my head around using graphics cards to solve problems and that makes cash. Hey, I am not really a fan of cash ether. 

I do, for the most part, understand stocks. So will stick with that and let this train pass me by.

(05-09-2017, 03:14 PM)MrDividend Wrote: tell me about it.

I just cannot get my head around using graphics cards to solve problems and that makes cash. Hey, I am not really a fan of cash ether. 

I do, for the most part, understand stocks. So will stick with that and let this train pass me by.

Lemme explain what you should do. Buy the bitcoins while the guys are still mining and wait for the hype to die down...and SELL!

I just don't see how these cryptocurrencies are sustainable over the long term but we'll ride it out and see where it goes with my finger on the fire sale button just in case.

(05-10-2017, 06:46 AM)Hamster Wrote: Lemme explain what you should do. Buy the bitcoins while the guys are still mining and wait for the hype to die down...and SELL!

I just don't see how these cryptocurrencies are sustainable over the long term but we'll ride it out and see where it goes with my finger on the fire sale button just in case.

When bitcoin hits $6 548 399 per bitcoin then we will come back to this post

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Buy altcoins with bitcoins here Changelly

(05-10-2017, 07:00 AM)Spreadsheet Ranger Wrote: When bitcoin hits $6 548 399 per bitcoin then we will come back to this post

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

At that point I'll sell mine

The "hype" could last quite a while/years still. But you yourself are advocating Ether instead of Bitcoins. Won't be long before the "next big one" becomes the talk of the town.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

I did find it interesting that Japan has accepted bitcoin as a currency. Might wait for a pull back - to around $1300. Beginning to warm to the idea that the amount in circulation is capped.

I have registered on Luno now. Will wait patiently for the pullback and get in on the action.
"Bulls make money, bears make money, pigs get slaughtered"

Would like to get the technical guys input here on Sibanye. Below is how I see it. It broke through the triangle and came down twice to test the new support line and failed and is subsequently heading higher. Am I just talking crap, or will we finally see some profits come back? :-O

Image(s)
JSE Finance Forum Attachment - Filename: Screen Shot 2017-05-11 at 10.29.09.png