Stock Watch Thread
Is anyone following whats going on in [JSE:LON]??? It's shot up by 25% today

As die dag eers so begin.

JSE Finance Forum Attachment - Filename: screenshot-za.investing.com-2017-04-06-13-03-54.png   

As for lonmin, I am not sure, all in all I am not touching it, too much risk for my appetite.
Buy altcoins with bitcoins here Changelly

Does anybody have an opinion on Finbond (JSE:FGL)?

(04-07-2017, 09:09 AM)ThinusM86 Wrote: Does anybody have an opinion on Finbond (JSE:FGL)?

Maybe @Groovy he seems to be fishing for some bank related stocks. @Dancshares sounds like someone who might know too Smile

Yeah lol @Outlook I'm out fishing for financial and bank stocks, but on Finbond I'm not clued up on this stock, but i read on their last sens that

" their headline earnings per share will
increase to between 17.43 cents and 19.36 cents per share, representing a percentage
improvement of between 65.68% and 84.03% compared to the 10.52 cents per share reported
for the prior year; and – earnings per share will increase
to between 17.32 cents and 19.25 cents
per share, representing a percentage
improvement of between 79.48% and 99.48
% compared to the 9.65 cents per share reported for the prior year. "

@Spreadsheet Ranger i believe you are scouting Finbond?

ZUMA OUT

JOHANNESBURG, April 10 (Reuters) - South Africa's bourse will investigate an increase in the trading of certain securities in the hours before former finance minister Pravin Gordhan was recalled from an international investor roadshow, BusinessDay newspaper reported on Monday.

On March 27, news broke that President Jacob Zuma had ordered Gordhan to return immediately from a trip to Britain and the United States. Gordhan was later dismissed in a cabinet reshuffle. newspaper reported that the Johannesburg Securities Exchange was examining trading in securities that were affected by news of the recall.

Officials at the exchange would not initially confirm or deny the report when contacted by Reuters.
The report said that the exchange would seek to identify activity that might warrant further investigation by the Financial Services Board's market abuse department.

"The news precipitated material moves in the value of numerous listed securities including currency futures," the exchange's director of market regulation Shaun Davies is quoted as saying by the paper.
Davies declined to say which securities were being investigated, but it is likely that banking stocks will be among them, the Business Day said.

The rand weakened by about 2.5 percent ahead of the news, according to Thomson Reuters data, falling further after the recall was confirmed.

Speculation of large bets on currency futures at around the same time also surfaced, causing market watchers to speculate the currency was being "shorted", local media reported.

Short-selling refers to the selling of instruments that have been borrowed, in anticipation of a fall in prices.

Source: https://za.investing.com/news/stock-mark...sday-30932

If this can keep up then I will be happy, however the reality of the past few weeks means this will need to continue for at least 3 weeks to make up for all the loses.

JSE Finance Forum Attachment - Filename: screenshot-za.investing.com-2017-04-10-15-17-57.png   

INDI broke the 7000 mark quite lekker now, hopefully the sky is the limit now.

JSE Finance Forum Attachment - Filename: screenshot-markets.ft.com-2017-04-13-08-56-03.png   

I wonder what will happen to the ALSI over the next 4 years. Maybe I should move this over to the ALSI thread - JSE ALSI

Come now DBxjp I had such high hopes for this etf.

@Groovy do you own Aspen?

I saw the bad news over the weekend and thinking it will probably open blood red.

I always wonder how people like me that uses EasyEquities can protect ourselves against what happens in that auction phase before the market open and then since we can only sell 15 laters after the market opens by that time the floor is red.

I hope that makes sense actually

(04-07-2017, 09:09 AM)ThinusM86 Wrote: Does anybody have an opinion on Finbond (JSE:FGL)?

Do you own Finbond?

I am thinking of maybe adding a few banks in my portfolio, but to choose the best ones... I'm at a loss as to what to look for when scouting a bank.