Stock Watch Thread
I feel like crying. I know what will happen to my STXIND when Pravin gets fired today.
Register on Platinum Wealth (My referral link)

(03-29-2017, 05:20 AM)Hamster Wrote: It's basically Peter Armitage from Anchor Capital's take on how not to run an investment firm.

They've been stupidly conservative with their investments because of uncertainty in the market (in layman's terms: they're trying to time the market).

Their biggest setback was when they tried to pay their directors incentives in shares which would effectively dilute the amount of shares investors owned. I reckon this was the nail in the coffin for them - how can you trust your money with an investment firm that doesn't care about their investors.

@Hamster it really messed up their credibility and it rubbed off on Anchor .

(03-29-2017, 10:11 AM)Groovy Wrote: @Hamster it really messed up their credibility and it rubbed off on Anchor .
Yeah, I'm not really petty about these things but somehow I cringe when I hear Armitage is involved, unfairly so maybe, but it does show you the power of perception.

And if ARA starts showing 20% pa growth I'm there like a bear Big Grin

AXL is struggling

However DBXWD is up yay

And finally DBxjp is starting to wake, up

(03-29-2017, 10:17 AM)Hamster Wrote: Yeah, I'm not really petty about these things but somehow I cringe when I hear Armitage is involved, unfairly so maybe, but it does show you the power of perception.

And if ARA starts showing 20% pa growth I'm there like a bear Big Grin

i hear you Hamster Big Grin , it's really hard to regain trust once you lose it. Armitage is a red flag now? Big Grin

(03-29-2017, 12:05 PM)Groovy Wrote: i hear you Hamster Big Grin  , it's really hard to regain trust once you lose it. Armitage is a red flag now?  Big Grin

An amber flag. I'm pro money and capitalism so if he can make me money I'll invest with him. If he and another bloke can make me money I'll go to the other bloke.

But money is money :p

I was also in the Astroria boat for a bit, but finally gave up on them mid last year as their direction at the time was nonexistent. Was super frustrating waiting on updates and then 6 months later nothing happened.

(03-29-2017, 12:39 PM)Hamster Wrote: An amber flag. I'm pro money and capitalism so if he can make me money I'll invest with him. If he and another bloke can make me money I'll go to the other bloke.

But money is money :p

@Hamster "An Amber Flag" i say Right on!! lol

(03-29-2017, 01:05 PM)Purply Wrote: I was also in the Astroria boat for a bit, but finally gave up on them mid last year as their direction at the time was nonexistent. Was super frustrating waiting on updates and then 6 months later nothing happened.

@Purply i Haven't seen or heard anyone praising that astoria share.

(03-29-2017, 02:37 PM)Groovy Wrote: @Purply i Haven't seen or heard anyone praising that astoria share.
That Peter guy thinks they're pretty awesome... Big Grin

Taste Holdings just woke up after nearly 2 years

What is going on with TAW? Any specific reason? I bought a few shares with real money a few days ago just to learn the ropes. Looks exciting!

Who knew there was still life in TAS? Bet it'll go down tomorrow.... Hope I'm wrong though

Wonder what TAW is going to do tomorrow.... Surely it's close to turning, wonder if I should take profit tomorrow, and buy again @ around 220 cps. Up 166% today on close....
"Bulls make money, bears make money, pigs get slaughtered"

Prepare for a slaughter. 

Tomorrow morning we wake up and Gordhan is no more.

This is gonna hurt...
"Bulls make money, bears make money, pigs get slaughtered"