× Fact! Joining this forum will make you a happier person! - Register for FREE

Stock Watch Thread
Wonder why Purple Group jumped 42% this morning.

Oh my sack!

I sold purple last week, because the share was just sitting there doing nothing.
Register on Platinum Wealth (My referral link)

Yea something seems odd to me, perhaps someone decided to go big into purple

Dropped down from 42% to 17%

People cashed in.

(06-09-2016, 10:44 AM)Spreadsheet Ranger Wrote: People cashed in.

Looks like they went a bot overboard, currently down 4% lol

Joh everything is down again. The past 4 weeks has been terrible.

Seems no stocks are immune.

MTN and Sasol are starting to look attractive again, but then again so many others stocks are as well, choices choices.

Sasol I think is a good thing to have in your portfolio for some oil exposure in the long haul, but I don't own them yet.

MTN on the otherhand eish tomorrow is my D-day when I was under the impression that it would have been a R135 stock. So now I need to keep it for longer avg purchase price is R127.

(06-09-2016, 01:09 PM)Spreadsheet Ranger Wrote: Sasol I think is a good thing to have in your portfolio for some oil exposure in the long haul, but I don't own them yet.

MTN on the otherhand eish tomorrow is my D-day when I was under the impression that it would have been a R135 stock. So now I need to keep it for longer avg purchase price is R127.

Was also holding onto MTN, but sold for profit and bought gold stocks instead, made some profit there and am now in the market again to buy.

Shoved some of my profits into Taste for long term hold.

I am too afraid to go for gold.

What is lonmin up to lately? I won't mind jumping back into that emotional roller coaster again.

What do you guys think about JSE:MAPPSG ?

I want to build my TFSA and that looks like a good ETF to hold for the long run
If you aren’t thinking about owning a stock for 10 years, don’t even think about owning it for 10 minutes.

(06-09-2016, 02:13 PM)Spreadsheet Ranger Wrote: I am too afraid to go for gold.

What is lonmin up to lately? I won't mind jumping back into that emotional roller coaster again.

Lonmin has been pretty stable ever since its previous rise to R42. I'll climb back in if it remains above R38 just before their August update production report.

What do you guys think of Old Mutual and Sanlam shares?

(I got no knowledge...thats why Im asking...)

(06-09-2016, 03:18 PM)padjakkels Wrote: What do you guys think of Old Mutual and Sanlam shares?

(I got no knowledge...thats why Im asking...)

Clueless, have never looked at either before.