Stock Watch Thread
(02-09-2017, 06:26 PM)Spreadsheet Ranger Wrote:
(02-05-2017, 09:49 PM)Groovy Wrote:
(02-04-2017, 12:01 AM)Outlook Wrote:
(02-03-2017, 06:04 PM)Groovy Wrote: Hello world, I'm happy to be official on here finally , great site. Quick question : i'd like to get anybody's opinion on Premier Fishing 's upcoming listing, is it wise to hold both AEE the parent company and the new listing premier fishing. I personally would like to hold both.

Do you know how much they own in Premier Fishing?

My logic would be that if Premier Fishing does very good then you will get a better return being a direct shareholder of Premier fishing than a proxy shareholder in African Equity Empowerment Investments Ltd

Same reason why I own Capitec and Curro directly instead of owning PSG.

That is just my take, would be interesting to hear what other's views are on this.

/Welcome to the Forum @Groovy

Thanks @outlook. I may be wrong but I believe AEEI/Sekunjalo Group Company owns 100% of Premier Fishing. I couldn't agree with you more, direct exposure is key.

Hey @Groovy

I was listening to this Podcast from @SimonPB and it seems Premier Fishing will be separating its ties with AEEI so you will need to invest in Premier Fishing directly.

Perhaps Simon can just confirm whether or not I understand this correctly?

Thank you @Spreadsheet Ranger, I'll get that direct exposure and grow with it.

7000 come now, please do it!

JSE Finance Forum Attachment - Filename: 2017-02-10_9-57-04.jpg   

I've given up hope...it'll never reach 7000 Sad Tongue

Should we make a Rand To Dollar thread and post some "forex" stuff there, or should we wait till there is more members on board? I do not know anything what affects the zar, but I like reading what others post about it.

Well on the plus side we went pass the 6700 barrier now lets hope it will continue.

[Image: JpiQ0nf.png]
Buy altcoins with bitcoins here Changelly

(02-11-2017, 11:47 AM)Spreadsheet Ranger Wrote: Well on the plus side we went pass the 6700 barrier now lets hope it will continue.

[Image: JpiQ0nf.png]

I wish we could somehow get google to either drop the "xxx.00" or divide the prices they get from the JSE by 100 - It's fnucking annoying and stuffs up how the android app works that I use to track my portfolio, apart from all other countries working correctly, just the JSE cr@p is not in ZAR but in ZAC

Image(s)
JSE Finance Forum Attachment - Filename: Clipboard01.jpg   

That is utterly annoying I agree! Side note what android app do you use?

I started using investing.com's app and wow, I am blown away. The ads are damn annoying, but the features and pricing of the app makes up for it. There is also live pricing on there, no idea how they do that and if it is JSE live pricing.

(02-11-2017, 12:56 PM)Outlook Wrote: That is utterly annoying I agree! Side note what android app do you use?

I started using investing.com's app and wow, I am blown away. The ads are damn annoying, but the features and pricing of the app makes up for it. There is also live pricing on there, no idea how they do that and if it is JSE live pricing.

I use two, because I have not found a single app that can show me my whole portfolios daily move AND has low and high alarms for share prices

1) My stocks portfolio app - https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...ocks&hl=en
It shows my portfolio value and changes during the day nicely

2) Stocks - Realtime Stock Quotes app - https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...ocks&hl=en
It has alarms and displays the individual share prices and changes nicely, but for some reason does not show the value of my total portfolio

They are both free and supported by adverts, which are not annoying - I think they can both be purchased as well for advert free use

Plus one for investing.com

@Bundu

[Image: 4bdeb09cbb5d4842e35f7eb32bf7b63c.jpg]

[Image: d41978f786de828c79453cbb827f05c6.jpg]

[Image: f20dc00700f8d3b3af5039e2902f0431.jpg]

[Image: f1418132892e3ed0bc1287b060d09b54.jpg]

[Image: a67d97d23d9d52e64fbba0feab1b7f2d.jpg]

thanks Spreadsheet Ranger !

So it has alarms, nice! I'm gonna give it a try

Have you guys looked at Jstock Android app.

Sent from my SM-G900H using Tapatalk

Just downloaded Investing.com app, I see it does not do fractional shares and how do you change the base currency to Rands?

(02-11-2017, 05:48 PM)greglsh Wrote: Just downloaded Investing.com app, I see it does not do fractional shares and how do you change the base currency to Rands?

I do not think there is a app that does fractional shares unfortunately.

As for currency, not sure? Mine is in zar by default, I have a SA account on investing.com not sure if that makes a difference?

just installed investing.com and loaded my portfolio....

You can change the currency in the top right corner or holding the menu key down

I have not been able to figure out how to set low and high alarms for my shares
It looks like they don't report the 'closing prices' but rather the last price at end of day auction - look at SNH - they say last price R69.16, whilst the JSE/Google reports R70.30
I have also not figured out how to sort the portfolio, as I like to have it sorted from largest holdings to smallest

I use Jstock it can have fractional shares. Alerts and gives you daily and total profits.