× Fact! Joining this forum will make you a happier person! - Register for FREE

Stock Watch Thread
(06-07-2016, 03:27 PM)Hamster Wrote:
(06-07-2016, 02:55 PM)Spreadsheet Ranger Wrote: True. I am saving up now. I am still very undecided between JSE:NEP and JSE:ROC deep inside I feel ROC will be the better choice since it's global and NEP is just malls.

Then at the same time whilst I am dumping equal amounts into the above I am now faced with Taste Holdings, Do I increase my exposure by withholding money from NEP and ROC and lump sum them into taste?

I can't imagine Taste holdings dying not with everything they have going on now, but I am not sure will the upturn take 2 years, 3,4,6 years? Do I want to be tied down for that long with significant exposure to them I don't know anymore and also I honestly thought 240 cents will be the bottom out for this company and now I am just totally lost as I did not see them dropping 43% in 12 months. Which creates a real conflicting feeling me; on the one side I think, damn lets get the hell out of this it's a free fall the company is done red lights everywhere and on the other side of me I see a Company with good management, good plans and proper expansion trading at a 43% discount...

Ever considered PTXTEN?

I did. I did, I'm still. I think I just didn't get it since I don't fathom the property market yet, not sure what to look for etc. However I think I want to push my portfolio to be 45% property ie 15% ROC, 15% NEP and 15% PTXTEN

Am I silly? Or can that work?

On a side note, I never new you can buy the actual JSE:JSE -> How does that work, what is their business model how do I justify this stock since I am concidering it...
Register on Platinum Wealth (My referral link)

(06-07-2016, 07:27 PM)Spreadsheet Ranger Wrote: I did. I did, I'm still. I think I just didn't get it since I don't fathom the property market yet, not sure what to look for etc. However I think I want to push my portfolio to be 45% property ie 15% ROC, 15% NEP and 15% PTXTEN

I think 45% property is way too much and would push it to more than 15% at our age.

With that said, some reckon it is a good start to just go full R30k PTXTEN in your TFIA because of the dividend tax you'll save in the long run (which you'll need to reinvest for growth). I went DIVTRX for similar reasons but only R20k.
IQ Test

(06-07-2016, 08:10 PM)Hamster Wrote:
(06-07-2016, 07:27 PM)Spreadsheet Ranger Wrote: I did. I did, I'm still. I think I just didn't get it since I don't fathom the property market yet, not sure what to look for etc. However I think I want to push my portfolio to be 45% property ie 15% ROC, 15% NEP and 15% PTXTEN

I think 45% property is way too much and would push it to more than 15% at our age.

With that said, some reckon it is a good start to just go full R30k PTXTEN in your TFIA because of the dividend tax you'll save in the long run (which you'll need to reinvest for growth). I went DIVTRX for similar reasons but only R20k.
Very interesting, so more in the area of 5% ROC, 5% NEP and 5% PTXTEN? I like ROC for that "global" part, incase there is a property crash in one country like SA then I assume ROC can offset it with their "global" footprint. -> http://www.rockcastleglobalre.mu/ There "about" sections and everything looks very... "Stable 'guaranteed' Growth" like.

As for TAX Free Savings Account. I need to focus on that thing this year. I started late, that is a blatant lie, I haven'tent started yet. Everytime I want to I end up flocking to single shares like a amatuer.

That will be a big focus for me to get the TFSA up and going this year.

PTXTEN already contains NEP and ROC (10% each) so why bother buying them at all?

Sent from my LG-V490 using Tapatalk
IQ Test

(06-07-2016, 09:04 PM)Hamster Wrote: PTXTEN already contains NEP and ROC (10% each) so why bother buying them at all?

Holy smokes! I did not know that! (Granted I never looked)
Omg! Life changed forever!

Both my ROC and NEP is in the green so I will sell them tomorrow and lumpsum it into PTXTEN! 

I wish one could transfer funds internally from your main account into the TFSA on EasyEquities that would have been amazing.

Was hoping to sell NEP and ROC today to buy PTXTEN, but unfortunately both ROC and NEP is down 2% each today so far.

This has been my worst day since I started 6 years ago. This year actually feels like a 2008/9 redo or hint to a looming 2008/9 repeat.

(06-08-2016, 03:50 PM)Spreadsheet Ranger Wrote: This has been my worst day since I started 6 years ago. This year actually feels like a 2008/9 redo or hint to a looming 2008/9 repeat.

Odd, I haven't lost anything today, which is usually what happens most days  Sleepy

(06-08-2016, 04:42 PM)Purply Wrote:
(06-08-2016, 03:50 PM)Spreadsheet Ranger Wrote: This has been my worst day since I started 6 years ago. This year actually feels like a 2008/9 redo or hint to a looming 2008/9 repeat.

Odd, I haven't lost anything today, which is usually what happens most days  Sleepy

This is just my one portfolio my smaller one (R15K in total), but percentage wise it's been a mess.
JSE : PSG
JSE : ROC
JSE : NEP
JSE : TAS

And the shocker -> JSE:RAR ( luckily only have 1000 rond in there )

Ja nee...

[Image: 43763f5296a98841b98ae0ab7046d38f.jpg]

IQ Test

I hope tomorrow is a little better. Atleast just those two property ones I own then I can sell them for profit and buy PTXTEN.

Then next month I want to start building my TFSA I need to work hard and watch my spending habits to try and MAX that limit in the remaining 6 Months left of this year.

Just a little remember that the tfsa limit of R30k is per financial year aka March to Feb.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.
“Ignorance is of a peculiar nature: once dispelled, it is impossible to re-establish it. It is not originally a thing of itself, but is only the absence of knowledge; and though man may be kept ignorant, he cannot be made ignorant.”
-Thomas Paine, The Rights Of Man

(06-08-2016, 10:28 PM)_Tariq Wrote: Just a little remember that the tfsa limit of R30k is per financial year aka March to Feb.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.
Of course!! I forgot. Well phew that means I don't need to out away 5K per month just into the TFSA

I'm cautiously optimistic that today is going to be another good day

I hope you are right. I want to restructure my portfolio now. Cut the games and start getting serious. By serious I mean less reckless and more mythological and informed.