Stock Watch Thread
Meh... :/ Brexit seriously hurting my portfolio.

Image(s)
JSE Finance Forum Attachment - Filename: Edited_Image59594831-5161-491a-b93b-7cb8cdb36316_TapatalkEditedImage.jpg   
Blush Blush Proud Feminist and Oh I forgot Mama's Boy

(06-30-2016, 10:19 AM)AstroTurf Wrote: Looks like TAS hit bottom at around 9:30.
Think it's on it's way up now but yea, just a guess.

TAS is a weird one I am comfortable buying little little every time it hits below 230 cents, but I won't like this to continue, but I think we will remain in these 210 - 250 levels for a few months then when our economy gets a bit better and people can afford to eat out again then TAS will be able to release a positive looking result hopefully and I believe if those factors fall in place that is what will start the slow bullish years to come for TAS, but it won't happen until average citizens's money becomes more again, since now everyone is turning around there hard earned money to afford basic goods which has sky rocketed tremendously.

I use myself as an example I have 2 dominoes one next to me and one further down, but I don't go there like I use to do this time last year and the simple reason is, petrol is up, bread is up, eggs is up, chicken is up, red meat is ridiculous up, basic stuff like toilet paper, cleaning appliances everything is up and average people just can't justify eating out in these conditions, I believe that plays a role in why Taste holdings is struggling currently well not struggling I mean why there share price is not too bright investors probably figure they will just buy more TAS once the economy recovered and average people can afford luxury food again.
Register on Platinum Wealth (My referral link)

(07-01-2016, 02:18 PM)Spreadsheet Ranger Wrote:
(06-30-2016, 10:19 AM)AstroTurf Wrote: Looks like TAS hit bottom at around 9:30.
Think it's on it's way up now but yea, just a guess.

TAS is a weird one I am comfortable buying little little every time it hits below 230 cents, but I won't like this to continue, but I think we will remain in these 210 - 250 levels for a few months then when our economy gets a bit better and people can afford to eat out again then TAS will be able to release a positive looking result hopefully and I believe if those factors fall in place that is what will start the slow bullish years to come for TAS, but it won't happen until average citizens's money becomes more again, since now everyone is turning around there hard earned money to afford basic goods which has sky rocketed tremendously.

I use myself as an example I have 2 dominoes one next to me and one further down, but I don't go there like I use to do this time last year and the simple reason is, petrol is up, bread is up, eggs is up, chicken is up, red meat is ridiculous up, basic stuff like toilet paper, cleaning appliances everything is up and average people just can't justify eating out in these conditions, I believe that plays a role in why Taste holdings is struggling currently well not struggling I mean why there share price is not too bright investors probably figure they will just buy more TAS once the economy recovered and average people can afford luxury food again.

Quote:Salient features & highlights

–   Core revenue up 41% to R1.01 billion (2015: R717.1 million)

–   System-wide sales up 9% to R1.72 billion (2015: R1.58 billion)

–   Same-store sales in Luxury Goods Division up 15%

–   Core EBITDA decreased to R47.2 million (2015: R73.1 million)

–   Core headline earnings per share decreased to 1.5 cents (2015: 16.1 cents)

–   Established 74 Domino’s Pizza stores in 16 months

–   Secured exclusive rights to develop Starbucks outlets in South Africa

–   Successfully integrated Arthur Kaplan and World’s Finest Watches

Quote:   The group anticipates that the once-off and up-front costs relating to the Domino’s project will

continue to be excluded from core earnings until the conversion of Scooters Pizza and St Elmo’s

stores to Domino’s is complete and will not be material to the group for the year ending 28 February

2017. Starbucks costs will continue to be incurred in the next financial year and it is anticipated that

the exclusion from core earnings will not be material beyond the year ending 28 February 2017.

http://www.moneyweb.co.za/mny_sens/taste...l-meeting/

I'll just leave those here...

That to me looks like a price rocket is coming 2018.... I will be buying TAS all the way.

(07-01-2016, 04:06 PM)Spreadsheet Ranger Wrote: That to me looks like a price rocket is coming 2018.... I will be buying TAS all the way.
I think 18 to 20 but come January prices for shares are going to start going up.

Served by a Droid

What does it mean when they say it will not be material to the group?

I'm still a noob

So Monday is upon us what factors will play a role this week I see that Trusco said on Friday that shareholders should practice cautioun when trading in shares until the diamond deal is done so that quite interesting I think I will just hold my Trusco shares for the time being.

On the other hand I really hope we can make some progress this week with PTXTEN and CTOP50 so much so that I can be on the green despite a bad day or two.

Same with DBXWD, DBxJP and STXIND

I'm just waiting for more dividends to be declared atm.

I need more money before dividends excite me. The PTXTEN the more I read about it the more I like it. I think I am going to try and push that as high as possible.

I wonder what is the bare minimum money you need in order to move to a income based portfolio?

Ok, seems that the green on my screen started turning red, so I climbed out of Harmony and DRDGold, 16% and 12% up respectively (maybe a stupid move but when i see red, i sell) Looking now for the next venture! I see Verimark bailed almost 21% in one day, could they possibly regain this sometime?

I think that is a good move gold is a short term hold.

I see Capco is falling freely I honestly thought 57 would be bottom line, but now. I don't know anymore JSE:CCO is falling rapidly.

I have another portfolio that I manage:

25% DbxWD
25% DbxJP
25% STXIND
25% ROC

I put R2K a month into this each month for the long haul, but dammit this year has not been good I think that portfolio is down 6% this year ( Still in the green overall, but YTD is -6% )

(07-05-2016, 11:56 AM)Spreadsheet Ranger Wrote: I think that is a good move gold is a short term hold.

I see Capco is falling freely I honestly thought 57 would be bottom line, but now. I don't know anymore JSE:CCO is falling rapidly.

Also bought Capco thinking the bottom line was near, wondering now if i should buy again to get the average price down.

If I had the money I would buy all the way to the bottom they won't close.

Does anyone know what affects the JSE's share price? ( JSE:JSE) I want to buy them.

(07-05-2016, 10:31 AM)Sebulba Wrote: Ok, seems that the green on my screen started turning red, so I climbed out of Harmony and DRDGold, 16% and 12% up respectively ....

Well fck my insecurities this morning...