Stock Watch Thread
dude that is pretty cool!! Good Find!
Register on Platinum Wealth (My referral link)

JSE:TAS -> I thank YOU

(06-23-2016, 03:04 PM)Spreadsheet Ranger Wrote: JSE:TAS -> I thank YOU
Good stuff!

Wanted to buy yesterday afternoon, but nobody was selling Angry

(06-23-2016, 03:40 PM)Okty Wrote:
Good stuff!

What platform are you using? I picked up 4K's worth @220

(06-23-2016, 03:54 PM)Spreadsheet Ranger Wrote:
(06-23-2016, 03:40 PM)Okty Wrote:
Good stuff!

What platform are you using? I picked up 4K's worth @220

Nedbank's one. Wanted to buy 10k @ 220, but I guess I was bit too late (after 15:00), nobody wanted to sell.

What does the nedbank platform cost? Is it the only one you've used? I'm always interested to see how other institutions' platforms compare I know Sanlam and standard bank is pretty on par.

TAS is bouncing around a bit - one would think you would have a good chance of picking it up at 220 in the next couple of weeks. I still think we quite far out to having a great trading update to really send the share skywards. They rushed the Domino's conversion, now they going EXTREMELY slowly on the Starbucks rollout. Eish, would have thought they could have aimed for 5 this year - but only 2 is forecasted. That said, maybe they want to sort out Domino's first, which might not be bad thing.

(06-23-2016, 06:48 PM)MrBean Wrote: TAS is bouncing around a bit - one would think you would have a good chance of picking it up at 220 in the next couple of weeks. I still think we quite far out to having a great trading update to really send the share skywards. They rushed the Domino's conversion, now they going EXTREMELY slowly on the Starbucks rollout. Eish, would have thought they could have aimed for 5 this year - but only 2 is forecasted. That said, maybe they want to sort out Domino's first, which might not be bad thing.

Definitely. I agree. for me this is a long hold. I personally do not think we will see the results of Starbucks for at least another 4 years. People might be on the rumour, but the real results I personally don't think will reflect in the shorter term.

If TAS dips again now then I will sell discovery and put it into TAS as I think TAS has a massive upturn potential in the next 4 - 5 years provided you get in at 220 or below. That is what I think, but like you pointed out there is so little info in the public domain that it's hard to make a conclusion without someone closer to the company itself.

I also have it as a long term hold - and am fairly confident in it and for that reason have become a bit overweight in the stock - around 4.5%. Time will tell, I guess!

I am 21% O_O

(06-23-2016, 07:34 PM)Spreadsheet Ranger Wrote: I am 21% O_O

wow - that's pretty high for one counter and a small cap at that as well as most would say next results are probably also going to be so-so. But, nothing worse than knowing what bus to take, only to see the bus take of without you boarding!

(06-23-2016, 07:53 PM)MrBean Wrote:
(06-23-2016, 07:34 PM)Spreadsheet Ranger Wrote: I am 21% O_O

wow - that's pretty high for one counter and a small cap at that as well as most would say next results are probably also going to be so-so. But, nothing worse than knowing what bus to take, only to see the bus take of without you boarding!

I'm a full or go home Tongue
It was between Rhodes, Choppies, Shoprite and Taste so I chose Taste now I have to hold it out, wait and see.

All my money now will go towards maxing my TFSA

I do like Rhodes - have a small (2%) holding - very happy with their last results - i am hoping for t to be a nice steady gainer for quite a few years - seems they made some good acquisitions with their listing cash. Shoprite has never really excited me out of the food retailers. Will be adding a bit in the near future and already have tiny holdings in Spar and WHL which i think I will add to. Both have a nice hard currency edge (so has Rhodes) which I am now starting to value.

(06-23-2016, 08:40 PM)MrBean Wrote: I do like Rhodes - have a small (2%) holding - very happy with their last results - i am hoping for t to be a nice steady gainer for quite a few years - seems they made some good acquisitions with their listing cash. Shoprite has never really excited me out of the food retailers. Will be adding a bit in the near future and already have tiny holdings in Spar and WHL which i think I will add to. Both have a nice hard currency edge (so has Rhodes) which I am now starting to value.

Just one lap is a nightmare to navigate, but he had a podcast recently about rhodes food. Apparently is very bad. I will see if I can find the podcast.

(06-23-2016, 09:01 PM)Spreadsheet Ranger Wrote:
(06-23-2016, 08:40 PM)MrBean Wrote: I do like Rhodes - have a small (2%) holding - very happy with their last results - i am hoping for t to be a nice steady gainer for quite a few years - seems they made some good acquisitions with their listing cash. Shoprite has never really excited me out of the food retailers. Will be adding a bit in the near future and already have tiny holdings in Spar and WHL which i think I will add to. Both have a nice hard currency edge (so has Rhodes) which I am now starting to value.

Just one lap is a nightmare to navigate, but he had a podcast recently about rhodes food. Apparently is very bad. I will see if I can find the podcast.

Found the podcast and will have a listen tomorrow - cheers. I try not to let others influence my decisions - but I find the more information I get, the better my decisions become.