Stock Watch Thread
If you want to discuss individual stocks or ETFs then this will be the thread to do it.

Anything related to the stock market really.
Buy altcoins with bitcoins here Changelly

Really interested to see how the markets will react due to Friday nights announcement

Sent from my SM-G925K using Tapatalk

Yea, I want to sell my MTN this week, my average purchase price is R126, so I am in the profit, but I want to sell at R140. Hoping it will hit that by thursday, although I think it will only get there closer to the end of the month. Unless some rediculious news comes out of Nigeria and it totally tanks out to double digits.

I was also holding onto my MTN for very long, avg was around R124, but sold at R132 as I moved into HAR/DRD a week ago. Hoping to ride this one for the next couple days.

Initially I wanted to hold MTN until R145.

As soon as gold drops I might move back into MTN depending on the price then.

On a side note, I also bought Bidvest, they have been climbing steadily ever since the split.

Hey guys

Whats the best way to go about investing in stocks and such. Currently investing money into EFT's but getting bad returns and want to look else where.

(06-06-2016, 08:38 AM)Xcaliber Wrote: Hey guys

Whats the best way to go about investing in stocks and such. Currently investing money into EFT's but getting bad returns and want to look else where.

Hey, what ETFs are you currently holding?

Personally I am a very big fan of ETFs it's passive investing in my book. 

These are the ETF I own currently:

• Satrix Swix 40
  • Satrix STXINDI
  • Newfunds MAPPS
  • Coreshares DIVTRX
  • CoreShares PropTrax SAPY
  • Deutsche Bank DbxJP
  • Deutsche Bank DbxEU
  • Deutsche Bank DbxWD

JSE:ROC taking a bit of a dive unfortunately.

On the plus side, MTN is up 2% already.

I have been looking at datatec for a while now and I'm starting to think they might be a good buy now after that poor profit return their share price plummeted, but I suspect that was mainly due to the strong dollar and them operating in emerging markets so that could have affected the purchasing power of their clients in these markets more than usual.

(06-06-2016, 08:38 AM)Xcaliber Wrote: Hey guys

Hard to make a real mistake with ETFs unless you buy into niche ETFs...or resources

Personally, apart from NEP I only use ETFs.

If you had the following:

DBXWD 35%
CTOP50 50%
PTXTEN 15%

...you would have a very diverse portfolio which is very protected from one share getting too high a weighting (think Naspers and SAB which make up 40% if STXIND alone).

You have to remember that this is a long term game. Make a loss over a year means nothing in the long run.

Eish all my DBx Trackers have done pretty bad the last 9 days.

(06-06-2016, 09:51 AM)Spreadsheet Ranger Wrote: Eish all my DBx Trackers have done pretty bad the last 9 days.
Possibly because the Rand recovered

Eish. so the DBX are connected to the rand?

Like if we recover to R11/12 does that mean my DBX's will all be poof vanished in the air?

I can't believe the JSE looks so red today, I was seriously thinking the downgrade averted news was a good thing, or is the markets now anticipating a downgrade from fitch on the 8th?

(06-06-2016, 12:08 PM)Spreadsheet Ranger Wrote: Eish. so the DBX are connected to the rand?

Like if we recover to R11/12 does that mean my DBX's will all be poof vanished in the air?

Well they take your money and invest it in international stock markets as Pounds, USD and whatever else. So yes, it is very much linked to the Rand. That's the reason, in my opinion, you should be rebalancing your portfolios to favour local/Rand denominated shares. Unless of course you believe we are heading for Zim 2.0.

Well holy damn!

Then I need to sell ASAP.

60% of my portfolio is DBxWD and DbxJP

What good local ETFs are there to invest in?

I do own Satrix Indi since that is the only one that looks like it has a good future ahead.

(06-06-2016, 02:36 PM)Spreadsheet Ranger Wrote: Well holy damn!

Then I need to sell ASAP.

60% of my portfolio is DBxWD and DbxJP

What good local ETFs are there to invest in?

I do own Satrix Indi since that is the only one that looks like it has a good future ahead.

http://www.platinumwealth.co.za/forum/sh...117#pid117 ?

Don't be rash. Why sell? Just buy others instead of DBXWD instead?!