Shares
Hi everyone!
I know this might sound stupid , but I need to know which platform to use to buy shares and what the process is.

Thank you in advance.

(09-28-2017, 11:34 PM)Treasure Wrote: Hi everyone!
I know this might sound stupid , but I need to know which platform to use to buy shares and what the process is.

Thank you in advance.

So, there are many ways to invest and classify them and that has an impact on which platform you use. Let's assume we're not talking about unit trusts etc. but shares and ETFs.

ETFs, in case you do not know, are a basket of shares. I hate those words but it is what it is. It is one "share" you buy and underneath it has its own rules and methods of buying and selling other shares. For example, PTXTEN tries to dividend your investment up into 10 equal parts among the 10 biggest property shares. STX40 splits it between the 40 biggest shares on the JSE based on their market cap. The buy/sell happens quarterly (99% of the time) to rebalance the ETF. Personally, I prefer ETFs over single shares but that's up to you and your risk appetite. I reckon they are a much safer and hassles/stress-free investment in the long run.

OK, "lecture" over:

ETFs: ABSA Stockbrokers or EasyEquities. Both of these also offer a TFSA account and are cheap (no monthly fees etc).

Single Shares: EasyEquities. Unless you are a serious investor moving lots of funds every month and need advanced features like "stop loss", EasyEquities is the only platform to consider IMO. The others charge a lot of fees that will eat into your profits.

I use both of those along with Stanlib for my unit trusts. There is also a guide somewhere on the site on how to open and buy/sell on the EasyEquities platform but it actually really simple.

1. Register and open account
2. Upload FICA documentation
3. Deposit funds (EFT, Credit Card etc)
4. Pick the share or ETF you want to buy from a list
4.1. Enter how much money's worth you want to buy
4.2. Click buy

EasyEquities

Thank you very much. Now I understand, makes sense.

I just registered on easy equities. I'll browse and learn the site and will give you guys feedback. Thanks once again

(10-15-2017, 11:25 PM)Treasure Wrote: I just registered on easy equities. I'll browse and learn the site and will give you guys feedback. Thanks once again

Awesome! Do let us know what you buy!!

Welcome aboard.
Register on Platinum Wealth (My referral link)

Yes keep us posted. Alwats great to hear what poeple are buying!

Also @Treasure look how cool easyequities are @jonobruton <- They have a rep on here Whoop whoop!
Register on Platinum Wealth (My referral link)

Thank you @Spreadsheet Ranger. You guys are thee best!