Serve website from a router
Would it be possible to install Apache on a router?

What I want to do is have a router with an open network and when people connect to it it takes them to a website hosted on the router.

So the idea is to load the website on a USB and have the router serve it to guests.
Register on Platinum Wealth (My referral link)

Which router?

That will depend, I'm going to buy a router specifically for this so first want to know if this is possible and if it is what router will be required and then I buy that router.

Well routers do it already to serve their admin sites, but that's most likely via firmware.

Question: why not just serve the site from a server that is connected to the router/network?

(09-20-2017, 09:20 AM)Bandit Wrote: Question: why not just serve the site from a server that is connected to the router/network?

I want to have it all in one, a single unit and because I want to drop the unit in a crowded place, open network and spread the word of cthulhu

(09-20-2017, 09:18 AM)Bandit Wrote: Well routers do it already to serve their admin sites, but that's most likely via firmware.
That's why I thought it should be easy-ish?

(09-20-2017, 09:48 AM)Spreadsheet Ranger Wrote: I want to have it all in one, a single unit ...

So a Raspberry Pi, a Router and Double Sided Tape walks into a bar...

Good point, cheapest place to buy a Raspberry Pi?

pishop.co.za maybe? Not too clued up with prices.

... or Bidorbuy

BoB it will be, they do bitcoin right Tongue

They do indeed