Quote button not working for me
Like the title says, the quote button doesn't work for me, unless there is some special way of using it?

I'm using Google Chrome

Right now mybb has a very odd way of doing things, it appears the Qoute button needs to work in conjunction with the reply button.

For instance if you want to quote one person then you can simply press reply on that specific post and it will include the post as a quote.

If you want to Quote multiple posts you will need to press quote on the posts and then in the quick reply box at the bottom you will see the following message: "You have selected one or more posts to quote. Quote these posts now or deselect them."

That is how the quote button works on mybb.

Trust me it not ideal, but we will need to work around it for the time being.

I want to end up on Vbulleten 5 by end of this year however at $399.00 + $169.00 it is quite expensive and we will need to make do with this forum platform for now, but I want to point out that I am fully indented to move to vbulletin if this takes off.
Forum Admin | Platinum Wealth
Tips
ETH 0x6c793ae7749acd19c8b4a77aa72d01cd0263f137 BTC 1GeXS8t5KtYvyMAf5hhwtdxM9Ba9EWQqMz

(06-06-2016, 08:49 AM)Platinum Wealth Wrote: Right now mybb has a very odd way of doing things, it appears the Qoute button needs to work in conjunction with the reply button.

For instance if you want to quote one person then you can simply press reply on that specific post and it will include the post as a quote.

If you want to Quote multiple posts you will need to press quote on the posts and then in the quick reply box at the bottom you will see the following message: "You have selected one or more posts to quote. Quote these posts now or deselect them."

That is how the quote button works on mybb.

Trust me it not ideal, but we will need to work around it for the time being.

I want to end up on Vbulleten 5 by end of this year however at $399.00 + $169.00 it is quite expensive and we will need to make do with this forum platform for now, but I want to point out that I am fully indented to move to vbulletin if this takes off.

Ok great, thanks for the info. It's not 100% right though, but I can work with it Smile

This is the official description from the Admin Panel if that helps.

JSE Finance Forum Attachment - Filename: 2016-06-06_14-23-27.jpg   
Tips
ETH 0x6c793ae7749acd19c8b4a77aa72d01cd0263f137 BTC 1GeXS8t5KtYvyMAf5hhwtdxM9Ba9EWQqMz

(06-06-2016, 02:24 PM)Platinum Wealth Wrote: This is the official description from the Admin Panel if that helps.
No worries, all sorted now Smile

My laptop screen was tilted in such a way that I couldn't see the line in-between the "quoted area" and where I start writing my reply, if that makes any sense.

(06-06-2016, 02:45 PM)Purply Wrote:
(06-06-2016, 02:24 PM)Platinum Wealth Wrote: This is the official description from the Admin Panel if that helps.
No worries, all sorted now Smile

My laptop screen was tilted in such a way that I couldn't see the line in-between the "quoted area" and where I start writing my reply, if that makes any sense.

Still a un-user friendly use of the qoute button regardless
Register on Platinum Wealth (My referral link)

(06-06-2016, 02:57 PM)Spreadsheet Ranger Wrote: Still a un-user friendly use of the qoute button regardless

No argument there.
Tips

Dafuq is going on here, each time I want to quote someone in a reply, the below happens.

Why on earth is "jonobruton" there, he's not even in the thread I'm trying to reply in.

In fact it happens in any thread for me Sad

JSE Finance Forum Attachment - Filename: dafuq.png   

You had him quoted previously, but never cleared.

When you reply you will see at the bottom of the box insert quoted message or de-select.

JSE Finance Forum Attachment - Filename: screenshot-platinumwealth.co.za-2017-04-05-11-10-28.png   
Register on Platinum Wealth (My referral link)

(04-05-2017, 11:11 AM)Spreadsheet Ranger Wrote: You had him quoted previously, but never cleared.

When you reply you will see at the bottom of the box insert quoted message or de-select.

Oh wow, never seen that option before Big Grin

Wink
Tips