× Fact! Joining this forum will make you a happier person! - Register for FREE

Other investment clubs in SA
Do any one know of any other investment clubs in SA? Can't find anything with google, or the club do not have a website perhaps.

I have also searched around, I suspect no SA investment club has their own website so they still do it old school I assume...
Register on Platinum Wealth (My referral link)

How does this investment club work anyway?
Do we all contribute a certain amount monthly and then hope the chairperson knows what he's doing when he decides to invest in something? (I only ask this because I sure as hell have no idea what I'm doing when I try to invest...)

(06-21-2016, 03:32 PM)dieWerner Wrote: How does this investment club work anyway?
Do we all contribute a certain amount monthly and then hope the chairperson knows what he's doing when he decides to invest in something? (I only ask this because I sure as hell have no idea what I'm doing when I try to invest...)

LOL, I would not invest with such a club where the chairperson decides what to do with the our money.

You correct, everyone contribute an amount per month. Once the 'goal', lets say R10,000 is reached, then that money is invested. But the choice of investment is made by all the members/partners, not the chairperson alone. So any one can come with a suggestion for a investment, and the partners will vote on it.

Big Grin

Something like that! Please ask more questions!

OK, that certainly clarifies it a bit.

If the buy in is low enough, I'd like to be part of it. I'm looking at long term growth, in different areas than where my current long term investments are

The buy in is normally low. We are still busy setting everything up. I will PM you.