× Fact! Joining this forum will make you a happier person! - Register for FREE

Opinion: Zuma’s Call To Confiscate White Property Will Drive Investors Away
South African President Jacob Zuma announced new land reform plans Friday, telling traditional leaders that the government will do a “pre-colonial” land audit and change the constitution to allow restitution without compensation.
Uncertainty over property rights will push investors and business players to look at options elsewhere, BizNews reported.

This isn’t the first time Zuma has promised to amend laws allowing expropriation without compensation, but it is the first time a pre-colonial” audit has been mentioned, Huffington Post reported.

Addressing the National House of Traditional Leaders in the Old House of Assembly at Parliament in Cape Town, Zuma outlined plans not mentioned in either the State of the Nation Address, the subsequent parliamentary debate or the budget speech.

Julius Malema, head of the Economic Freedom Fighters party, has been calling for land expropriation without compensation. He led the debate in Parliament on Tuesday, News 24 reported “We remain a conquered nation because white monopoly capital still owns the means of production, and at the center of that is the land question,” Malema said as he addressed the National Assembly. “Black people, all of us, we need to unite and amend the Constitution so that we can expropriate land without compensation.”

Mmusi Maimane, leader of the Democratic Alliance (DA), called on the African National Congress (ANC) to “rein in” the president: “He’s gone rogue on land reform, contradicting both his own Cabinet and the ANC’s parliamentary caucus,” Maimane said.

Breaking down South Africa’s rural landowners by race would be “almost impossible,” according to the independent research group, the Institute of Race Relations, The Telegraph reported.

“The state owns some 22 percent of the land in the country, including land in the former homelands, most of which is occupied by black subsistence farmers who have no title and seem unlikely to get it any time soon,” IRR said. “This leaves around 78 percent of land in private hands, but the race of these private owners is not known.”

Malema has been travelling around South Africa, encouraging black South Africans to “take back land from white invaders and ‘Dutch thugs,'”

- Full story at: http://afkinsider.com/138235/138235/#sth...4ZttQ.dpuf
Join the official JSE Discord Channel

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Color Skins

Change Color:

Background Patterns:

Background Images:

Main Options: