× Fact! Joining this forum will make you a happier person! - Register for FREE

New JSE listings
Nice, think I might dive into some Sea Harvest once it lists.

Big Grin 
(03-14-2017, 11:39 AM)Sebulba Wrote: Nice, think I might dive into some Sea Harvest once it lists.

Hahaha....and hopefully hook a 10 bagger

I wouldn't touch Sea Harvest or any fishing related company with a ten foot pole

Just look at PFF for example, price started sliding a week or so after listing.

And as per my prediction, they are slowly but surely moving into illiquid territory.

(03-15-2017, 08:50 AM)Purply Wrote: I wouldn't touch Sea Harvest or any fishing related company with a ten foot pole

Just look at PFF for example, price started sliding a week or so after listing.

And as per my prediction, they are slowly but surely moving into illiquid territory.

Must admit that i won't go for them right of the bat. Will let them mature for a week or so to get settled.

I've read somewhere that they pretty much have fixed quotas for fishing, and pretty much fill them every time, so they are quite constant. They are also a household name (could be my own preference playing here perhaps) and they have the whole BBBEE thing down.

Suppose we will have to wait and see how they approach the listing.

(03-16-2017, 09:38 AM)Sebulba Wrote: Must admit that i won't go for them right of the bat. Will let them mature for a week or so to get settled.

I've read somewhere that they pretty much have fixed quotas for fishing, and pretty much fill them every time, so they are quite constant. They are also a household name (could be my own preference playing here perhaps) and they have the whole BBBEE thing down.

Suppose we will have to wait and see how they approach the listing.

That's just it, they are very constant with average growth around 12% yearly, far to boring for me.

It would seem that there is a big interest in the Sea Harvest listing, Brimstone Investment Corporation - which owns Sea Harvest - announced late on Friday that a strong demand for Sea Harvest shares resulted in the entity increasing the size of the share offer.

Even Brimstone's own share price has gone up 31.25% since beginning of the year:
JSE Finance Forum Attachment - Filename: Brim Sea Harvest.JPG   

Source: http://www.fin24.com/Companies/Agribusin...t-20170320

Private Placement of shares in Foresight Solar Fund Ltd.

Overview
Foresight Solar Fund Ltd. Is a Jersey registered, closed-end investment company that invests in a portfolio of predominantly UK operated solar plants. The company had its IPO on the main board of the London Exchange in 2013, in which way it managed to raise £150 million.

The company’s solar farms generate 470 MW of clean energy, which does not sound like much compared to big coal and gas powered stations. The company operates 18 ground based solar power plants with a gross asset value of £650 million that it earns a 1% management fee on. The investment managers do not have performance fees or acquisition fees.

This will be the first fund, on the JSE, that solely invests in solar or renewable energy. I do believe renewable and green energy is the future of energy and one day the world will be without fossil fuels, this transition will come sooner rather than later. We see the evidence with the major strides that companies like Tesla are doing in this particular industry and countries like Sweden that aims to be completely dependent on renewable energy by the year 2040.

IPO details
The investment team, that manages the fund, started in 2007 and launched their first fund in 2008. The company is looking to raise £50 million (R784 million) in the local market with a minimum of 250 million shares. RMB will be the sole bookrunner of the deal.

Investment Policy
The company will mainly invest in "ground based, operational solar assets, predominantly in the UK". The part of the investment that does not fit "Operational and UK based" will not exceed 25% of the investment. The company also highlighted the fact that although it’s not part of their investment policy, they will keep dividend growth constant at a rate of inflation. The company’s current investment policy does not allow for financial gearing, but will seek to get investor approval and include gearing as part of their mandate.

"Foresight Solar Fund will see to achieve these returns through active management of its solar power plants in accordance with Foresight Solar Fund’s investment policy and will look to grow its investment portfolio through additional asset acquisitions throughout its life."
Register on Platinum Wealth (My referral link)

So Sea Harvest listed. How long does it take to show in google finance?

PS. There is a lot of buzz on twitter about this listing.

(03-23-2017, 01:21 PM)Sebulba Wrote: So Sea Harvest listed. How long does it take to show in google finance?

PS. There is a lot of buzz on twitter about this listing.

Just look at PFF, as predicted their volumes have dropped significantly since listing, including their share price.

I have the same feeling about Sea Harvest.

Sea Harvest is food. Basic food. I think they will be a bit of a different investor.

Telkom SA SOC Ltd. plans to break out its telecommunications towers and real estate assets into a separate unit that may then be listed on a stock market, according to two people familiar with the matter.

The new entity would be run by a new, property-focused management team charged with generating extra revenue for Africa’s biggest landline provider, said the people, who asked not to be identified because the plans are private. Pretoria-based Telkom has one of the largest real estate portfolios in South Africa and Chief Executive Officer Sipho Maseko wants it to contribute more to earnings, they said.

Source:https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-03-27/telkom-of-s-africa-said-to-split-tower-assets-may-consider-ipo

Anyone have an update on the Pembury listing?

Got a EE email saying it is approved

Brian Joffe, the founder of South Africa’s Bidvest, will list a 2 billion rand ($150 million) investment firm, Long4Life, on the Johannesburg Securities Exchange next week, the firm said in a pre-listing statement on Friday.

Joffe will provide 100 million rand of the capital himself and institutional investors will subscribe for the rest before listing the firm on April 7. The firm will not raise any more capital on its listing date.

Long4Life aims to be more nimble than traditional private equity funds and will build up a diversified portfolio of listed and unlisted assets.

The firm will initially focus on South Africa as it needs more scale to invest abroad, Joffe told Reuters.

“It’s an opportunistic, entrepreneurial play,” he said.

The firm will most likely not invest in industries such as deposit-taking banks, mining and resources companies, he added.

Joffe will be Long4Life’s chief executive and only employee to start with, and the firm will aim for returns of in excess of 15 percent per annum in the medium to long term.

“Long4Life will pursue investments predominantly with a lifestyle focus. These could include businesses in the beauty, outdoor, sport, retirement villages, and restaurants, among other sectors,” the firm said.

Long4Life will have the share code L4L on the JSE.
Forum Admin | Platinum Wealth
Tips
ETH 0x6c793ae7749acd19c8b4a77aa72d01cd0263f137 BTC 1GeXS8t5KtYvyMAf5hhwtdxM9Ba9EWQqMz

L4L , the SA versions of ARA probably.