× Fact! Joining this forum will make you a happier person! - Register for FREE

Mr Joburg Mayor, shame on you and your fanfare plans
Mayor of Johannesburg Herman Mashaba with great fanfare announced this week the start of the process to take over hijacked buildings in the inner city. The masterplan is to turn them into affordable-housing properties.

This is all good and well, but when asked what will become of those who will be evicted from these buildings, he offered a staggering reply: "The City of Joburg will take responsibility only for South African citizens." Perhaps he forgot the preamble of our Constitution that says: "South Africa belongs to all who live in it, united in our diversity."

He was vague about where those who are being displaced will now live, before hinting it was actually national government's problem - because the majority of those affected were undocumented foreigners.

The Times decided to visit the site where 200 people were moved to after being evicted from the Shongai Mansions in 2016. Since then, hundreds more people evicted from Fattis Mansions and the Cape York building have settled in dire conditions in tents at the same site, a piece of land hidden away in Turffontein.

Our reporter there found KwaZulu-Natal mother-of-nine Wendy Ndaba, who worked as a cleaner in a hijacked building.

Her current situation is desperate. The living conditions at the Turffontein site are unsafe and squalid. Her family's food had just been stolen and her children were hungry.

Asked whether our photographer could take her picture, a tearful Ndaba declined: "I don't want my family to see how much I am suffering in Joburg."

Does that not hit you in the gut, Mr Joburg Mayor?

Shame on you.

Next time, before you smile for the cameras and announce big plans to build affordable housing, have a proper plan in place first for the displaced citizens of your city.

Source: Timeslive
Forum Admin | Platinum Wealth
Tips
ETH 0x6c793ae7749acd19c8b4a77aa72d01cd0263f137 BTC 1GeXS8t5KtYvyMAf5hhwtdxM9Ba9EWQqMz

Tell me again why our own citizens shouldn't receive preferential treatment? If you are undocumented you have no place here and should be deported or apply for assylum.

And the Sunday Times, with their glamourous reputation of reporting false news only to apologise after they made their sales (Gareame Smith's divorce SMSs, Bono backing Julius' shoot the Boer song, etc), have found ONE person that happens to be an SA citizen when they themselves state Mashaba says these people are MOSTLY undocumented foreigners.

Either way, pay for your rent or ask government for housing. Hoe is it the city's problem if the national government are failing it's peopl (who most likely voted for them anyway)?

Guys al this is political is this forum not for financial advice and stock tips....most news agency's have a comment column. I am not attacking just asking?

Sent from my F3311 using Platinum Wealth mobile app

(10-09-2017, 10:51 AM)David72 Wrote: Guys al this is political is this forum not for financial advice and stock tips....most news agency's have a comment column. I am not attacking just asking?

Most news sites disabled their comments section, but yes. Finance forum first. We will need to go find some finance news - but it's not as sensationalist and shocking Tongue
Register on Platinum Wealth (My referral link)

(10-09-2017, 10:51 AM)David72 Wrote: Guys al this is political is this forum not for financial advice and stock tips....most news agency's have a comment column. I am not attacking just asking?

We/I try to give members a little variety, but point taken none the less. This particular subforum was created for general news and events happening right now - Current news.

I will go back to the drawing board, is it the news subforum in general or just the current posted news that you take issue with?

In case it was not clear, all members are allowed to post in this subsection so if you feel there are other news you'd rather want to see you are more than welcome to post those articles/news items here if that helps.
Forum Admin | Platinum Wealth
Tips
ETH 0x6c793ae7749acd19c8b4a77aa72d01cd0263f137 BTC 1GeXS8t5KtYvyMAf5hhwtdxM9Ba9EWQqMz